PDA

View Full Version : Roundel vandalism

dog
12-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Walked out this morning and noticed someone or something had removed the black coating on my hood roundel. :mad: Obviously I'll have to replace the entire piece. Anyone know of an easy way to get this done?

doeboy
12-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Walked out this morning and noticed someone or something had removed the black coating on my hood roundel. :mad: Obviously I'll have to replace the entire piece. Anyone know of an easy way to get this done?

Geeez... :rolleyes: some people just have no respect for other people's property.... :thumbdwn: :tsk: Sorry to hear that man... :(

I think I saw a DIY for hood roundel removal somewhere... probably somehere here or over on Fanatics or something. Try digging around there perhaps?

ruteger
12-11-2003, 10:14 AM
The dumbest thing about vandalism of roundels/insignia, etc. is that I think those items are some of the least expensive to just buy.

Replacing the stolen roundel isn't the expensive part, it's having the paint/sheetmetal repaired that is damaged in the clumsy attempt to quickly remove the roundel with a sharp, bladed object (like a screwdriver).

In that respect, it would be nice if there was someway to have a new, spare roundel available to simply give to the prospective lowlife if they'd just leave the car alone.

bren
12-11-2003, 12:29 PM
The Roundel pops right off: Instructions Here (http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/E30-Roundel/E30-Roundel.htm)

The hardest part is getting the credit card under the emblem.

Tanning machine
12-11-2003, 12:33 PM
The dumbest thing about vandalism of roundels/insignia, etc. is that I think those items are some of the least expensive to just buy.

Replacing the stolen roundel isn't the expensive part, it's having the paint/sheetmetal repaired that is damaged in the clumsy attempt to quickly remove the roundel with a sharp, bladed object (like a screwdriver).

In that respect, it would be nice if there was someway to have a new, spare roundel available to simply give to the prospective lowlife if they'd just leave the car alone.

Yeah, it would be nice if they popped off like a medicine cap, or something, but of course, you'd have to buy replacements by the dozen. And even so, some idiot drunk scumbag would still probably try to beat one off with a hammer.

What's the appeal? I thought Flavor-Flav was the last one to be in style with a hood ornament around his neck. At least when they steal wheels or a stereo, you can see how there's some value. BUt a fricking, roundel? It's like stealing a pillowcase from a sheet set.

doeboy
12-11-2003, 01:00 PM
What's the appeal? I thought Flavor-Flav was the last one to be in style with a hood ornament around his neck. At least when they steal wheels or a stereo, you can see how there's some value. BUt a fricking, roundel? It's like stealing a pillowcase from a sheet set.

Some people are just bored I guess. Flava Flav wears a big clock around his neck. You must be thinking of another rapper or something. :D

Artslinger
12-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Maybe the enamel/paint just plain fell off your Roundel. The dealer replace the emblem on my car when the paint came off... he told me it does occasionally happen. :dunno:

MR325iT
12-11-2003, 01:31 PM

Word. Ask me how I know. Damn brain donors used a screwdriver on mine.

TedW
12-11-2003, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=ruteger]

QUOTE]

That's the truth. We had a few roundels stolen off of our Z4's when they first came out. It crossed our minds to just set a box of roundels out by the cars because the body work was a killer.

Ted

Alex Baumann
12-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Dog, sorry about that. That sucks big time. :tsk:

HW
12-11-2003, 02:33 PM
happened to me too. :mad: :violent:

gek330i
12-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Some people are just bored I guess. Flava Flav wears a big clock around his neck. You must be thinking of another rapper or something. :D
:D
http://www.posternow.com/b/b302.jpg

Brashland
12-12-2003, 10:48 AM
:D
http://www.posternow.com/b/b302.jpg

License to Ill

3A7 M3

yamato
12-12-2003, 11:15 AM
happened to me too. :mad: :violent:

Same here. I drove a Buick when this happened, not a bimmer though. But still hurt a lot.

ERK
12-12-2003, 01:55 PM

That sucks. Why are people such idiots? I hope you didn't get any scratches too.

U coming up tonight? (If so, you're probably already on the road.)

dog
12-16-2003, 12:37 PM
That sucks. Why are people such idiots? I hope you didn't get any scratches too.

U coming up tonight? (If so, you're probably already on the road.)

obviously i didnt make it. i didnt get out of the office until around 7, and driving 4.5 hours was about the last thing on my mind. how was? j black out? :D

5 months to go, then BMW no mo'

BlackChrome
12-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Same here. I drove a Buick when this happened, not a bimmer though. But still hurt a lot.
You know what? This happens to even Hondas every-freaking-day! Embmems are like number 2 selling parts at my work (right after oil filters). Why can't people just respect others' properties? :thumbdwn:

I think I am going to take my roundels off to avoid spendy body works! :tsk:

doeboy
12-16-2003, 05:45 PM
You know what? This happens to even Hondas every-freaking-day! Embmems are like number 2 selling parts at my work (right after oil filters). Why can't people just respect others' properties? :thumbdwn:

I think I am going to take my roundels off to avoid spendy body works! :tsk:

Tell me about it... :tsk: My Acura logo was jacked from my old car twice! :madrazz:

yamato
12-16-2003, 07:58 PM
any one has any ideas how to install a mouse trap underneath the emblem???

Brashland
12-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Mouse trap? You are too nice.

yamato
12-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Mouse trap? You are too nice.

yep there is only so much we can do without breaking the law. It is like if someone break into my house and if I shoot him down, I will be put into jail.