PDA

View Full Version : Post Garage Pic's

Jim Seattle
12-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Please post your garage pic's. I have a thread bookmarked that has a few pics (Tiled and U Coat it floors). Just want to see if more people have done up their garage since. Thanks!

Terry Kennedy
12-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Please post your garage pic's.
Before (http://www.tmk.com/garage) and after (http://www.tmk.com/garage2).

Andy
12-11-2003, 09:08 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23210

bluer1
12-11-2003, 09:19 PM
My last garage, actually. (Collection of the old rommate's and my toys.)
:cry:

I'm still working on the current one.

perhaps now you'll understand my theory about: cars belong in the driveway!

RCK
12-11-2003, 10:30 PM

That is by far, the cleanest garage I have ever seen :yikes:

Very nice :bow:

AB
12-11-2003, 10:57 PM
mine

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23220

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23221

Andy
12-12-2003, 07:26 AM
That is by far, the cleanest garage I have ever seen :yikes:

Very nice :bow:

Thanks RCK.

I keep most of my stuff, like lawn mower, garden tools, misc junk in that back room, that way I can keep the front clean from clutter. I'd like to get the floor painted/sealed on day.

beauport
12-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks RCK.

I keep most of my stuff, like lawn mower, garden tools, misc junk in that back room, that way I can keep the front clean from clutter. I'd like to get the floor painted/sealed on day.
Whew! Glad to know where the stuff is, was wondering where those M72's are.

TF
12-12-2003, 09:37 AM

Great garage Andy, what are the prints you have on the wall. I am working on some for my own garage.

The Roadstergal
12-12-2003, 10:07 AM
<garage pic>

Can I move into the space to the left of the car? I pay rent on time, I don't throw loud parties... :)

Andy
12-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Great garage Andy, what are the prints you have on the wall. I am working on some for my own garage.

I got the posters from my dealer. I know the sales manager there pretty well, so he was able to hook me up. I then went and bought the frames and plexy glass to mount them in. This is the only room in the house I'm allowed to hang them in. :rofl:

Can I move into the space to the left of the car? I pay rent on time, I don't throw loud parties... :)

Sure, come on over!! I'll have to charge you a little more in rent since you "don't throw loud parties"... promise to throw at least one loud party a week and you can move in for free!! :D :thumbup:

Dincic
12-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Here is the most important 1/3.
http://members.roadfly.com/dincic/garage1.JPG

alee
12-15-2003, 07:28 PM
http://staff.pop3now.com/alee/bmw/garaged.jpg

johnlew
12-15-2003, 07:52 PM

Andy
12-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Ditto.. yikes! You can't possbily keep it like that all the time, do you? :yikes:

I certainly try to. I've attached three photos that I just took 10 minutes ago of my garage with out moving a single thing (yes, I'm bored right now :D ). I plan to move my wheels & tires to the basement soon. Other then the wheels & tires (under the cargo blankets) and the dirty floor, it's in the same condition.

Andy
12-15-2003, 08:22 PM

John,

Yes, I too really like your garage. I love the floor and the lighting. Looks like you have plenty of cabinet space. :thumbup:

What kind of paint did you use for the floor? Does it get slippery when wet? It sure looks like it would.

Andy
12-15-2003, 08:29 PM
This is what I find interesting... not only are they the exact same poster, but located in the exact same location in the garage. :eeps:

Nice poster, Dincic!! :D :thumbup:

joea9146
12-16-2003, 04:48 AM
Here is a link to some garage pictures... Sorry not BMW but
some nice setups.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112306&highlight=garage+pictu%2A

BMW Content:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91064&highlight=garage+pictu%2A

johnlew
12-16-2003, 06:14 AM
John,

Yes, I too really like your garage. I love the floor and the lighting. Looks like you have plenty of cabinet space. :thumbup:

What kind of paint did you use for the floor? Does it get slippery when wet? It sure looks like it would.

Thanks, I used www.ucoatit.com for my floor. The basic Ucoatit product and then the UglossAF. It does get slippery when wet, but there are solutions you can discuss with them. Far and away, it is the single most significant thing I've done that allows one to keep the garage clean. It sweeps and mops up beautifully. Your garage looks great, but doing your floor is a must.

FireFly
12-16-2003, 07:22 AM
This is my garage from my old house. The 10' door was the original barn door and we added the standard garage style door on the left bay.

It is classified as a 3 bay (30x50)barn with the center, left and right bays. There is a basement under the center and right bays and for some reason, not a basement under the left bay.

Our first project was to clear the left bay area. There was a wrokshop of sorts built up on wide pine boards. We ripped it all out and poured (3) 10" thick concrete slabs measuring a total of 10x30. Then we added the door with opener and the project was complete.

The barn could hold several cars and one boat with plenty of room in the basement and the loft for additional storage. Since it was a working farm at one time, it had water and electricity in the barn.

Do I ever miss that barn....

Dincic
12-16-2003, 09:30 AM
This is what I find interesting... not only are they the exact same poster, but located in the exact same location in the garage. :eeps:

Nice poster, Dincic!! :D :thumbup:
Kelly or MAG?
Andy look into either Griots or Rust-Oleum. The nice thing about the Rust-Oleum, the paint chips that give the surface texture.
http://members.roadfly.com/dincic/Air box 002.jpg

Andy
12-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Kelly or MAG?
Andy look into either Griots or Rust-Oleum. The nice thing about the Rust-Oleum, the paint chips that give the surface texture.

Kelly BMW. You know, I just now realized that you too are from Columbus. :thumbup:

You must have been reading my mind, because the "paint fleck" texture is exactly what I am looking for. Maybe this spring I will try and get the garage floor done. Wanna help? :D :angel:

Emission
12-16-2003, 12:07 PM
My garage, with VCT (Vinyl Composite Tile).

Jim Seattle
12-16-2003, 04:18 PM
http://members.roadfly.com/dincic/Air box 002.jpg

What type of flooring is that in your pic. (U-Coat it?)...Provide some details if you can. Thanks!
Jim

uter
12-16-2003, 05:12 PM
This is my garage from my old house. The 10' door was the original barn door and we added the standard garage style door on the left bay.

It is classified as a 3 bay (30x50)barn with the center, left and right bays. There is a basement under the center and right bays and for some reason, not a basement under the left bay.

Our first project was to clear the left bay area. There was a wrokshop of sorts built up on wide pine boards. We ripped it all out and poured (3) 10" thick concrete slabs measuring a total of 10x30. Then we added the door with opener and the project was complete.

The barn could hold several cars and one boat with plenty of room in the basement and the loft for additional storage. Since it was a working farm at one time, it had water and electricity in the barn.

Do I ever miss that barn....

I hear you about loving the barn. This is ours at the house in Maine. (An 18th century post&beam 3-bay "English" barn that was originally erected near Thomaston, ME)

Emission
12-16-2003, 06:01 PM
:yikes: I had never seen your garage before Emission. Nice!

Hey, thanks!

FireFly
12-16-2003, 06:23 PM
I hear you about loving the barn. This is ours at the house in Maine. (An 18th century post&beam 3-bay "English" barn that was originally erected near Thomaston, ME)

Nice barn and dog! Do you still own the property? Looks like the barn is in mint condition.

I only have one barn story - this is because I did not purchase the property from the owner- it was a bank foreclosure:

One day the UPS guy was delivering a package to the house and asked how long we lived there. We told him just under 1 year. He said he would party in the barn many years ago with Slash from the rock band Guns and Roses.

Other than that story, I unfortunately have no history on the barn- wish I did.

Oh fwiw- I used the rustoleum product on the concrete floor- Had great results. Easy to apply and tough as nails.

Tango
12-17-2003, 04:28 PM

Looks great! How does the tile hold up to oil, tires, ect?

Emission
12-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Looks great! How does the tile hold up to oil, tires, ect?

The tile is more maintenance than concrete. It can be chipped, and scratched (but scratches can be buffed out - the color is solid throughout).

Oil is no problem. It can sit for months, with no damage.

Tires, on the other hand, are an issue. New tires (less than a year or two old) will chemically leave marks on white tile if left parked for hours and hours in one place. The marks can be scrubbed off, or left alone (like I do). No big deal.

Maintenance is nothing more than sweeping the tile (is it smooth, so you can use one of those dust brooms) then waxing (wipe on and let dry) every few months.

It is slippery when wet.

I like it, and would do it again.

Tango
12-17-2003, 06:48 PM
It looks great.......nice to have your own showroom!

TAL2GK
12-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Wow ... great pics! (One more thing to be jealous about):rolleyes:

Clearly I need a bigger garage. I've just got a standard 2-car garage ... and I've got to find a way to fit my company car (Bonneville), my soon-to-be-delivered Z4, and my motorcycle (BMW R1100R) ... not to mention the regular crap like lawnmower, snowblower, wheelbarrow, and other tools.

Guess I'll just have to move to make room!

Dincic
12-18-2003, 03:42 PM
What type of flooring is that in your pic. (U-Coat it?)...Provide some details if you can. Thanks!
Jim
I used Rust-oleum. A kit ($50) will do a single car garage. First you need to clean the floor with a citric acid/water solution, which is included as a powder. The coloring is an epoxy, not paint. For best results use a thick pile roller putting it on thick and work in 4'x4' squares. Paint chips are also included and not only give the floor texture, also helps hide dirt.

FireFly
12-18-2003, 03:46 PM
I used Rust-oleum. A kit ($50) will do a single car garage. First you need to clean the floor with a citric acid/water solution, which is included as a powder. The coloring is an epoxy, not paint. For best results use a thick pile roller putting it on thick and work in 4'x4' squares. Paint chips are also included and not only give the floor texture, also helps hide dirt.

It's been almost 3 years since I sold my old place. At the time the Rustoleum was holding up.

How long have you had yours down? Any chipping/peeling?

I'm thinking about doing it to the new garage...

Dincic
12-18-2003, 04:35 PM
It's been almost 3 years since I sold my old place. At the time the Rustoleum was holding up.
How long have you had yours down? Any chipping/peeling?
I'm thinking about doing it to the new garage...

I've had it for two summers and have had some come up from hot tires, but it is in areas I didn't put it down thick enough. It took me my third try (3 car garage) to figure out that it needs to go down very thick. If done correctly it is very difficult to get any peeling. We have a Grand Cherokee which usually drips transfer case oil. The floor under it hasn't bubbled or peeled and cleans up with a little Simple Green.

johnlew
12-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Finally got the heater installed, great little unit. 25" wide, 18" deep, 12" height. Ran it for a few minutes to warm up the garage, 55 degrees inside, 22 degrees outside. Great!

ekdemos
12-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Heres one of mine.

AB
12-21-2003, 06:04 PM

Emission you DO have one of the nicer garages on the 'Fest!

Of course, I still think JohnLew is the undisputed garage king! :D

Jon Shafer
12-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Mine is a mess... :(

Andy
12-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Mine is a mess... :(

Jon,

Do you race your bike or just ride for fun? I have been wanting to get back into that sport for years!! Motocross will always be my first love!! :thumbup:

Andy

Melissa
12-21-2003, 07:12 PM
The dog house :p before we sold the Thumper and the Aprilia.

Jon Shafer
12-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Jon,

Do you race your bike or just ride for fun? I have been wanting to get back into that sport for years!! Motocross will always be my first love!! :thumbup:

Andy

Hey Andy,

Back in the early '70's I used to race until my dad decided
that we were going too fast and he sold all of our bikes.

A couple of years ago I decided to get back into riding.
My son and I have a lot of fun together (when there's no surf).
:)

MMME30W
12-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Left and Right. Mini is undergoing fuel pump rebuild, hence the mess:)

MMME30W
12-21-2003, 08:17 PM
My garage is here. It's small. :(

<snip>

But the dog, s/he is large, no?

Andy
12-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Hey Andy,

Back in the early '70's I used to race until my dad decided
that we were going too fast and he sold all of our bikes.

A couple of years ago I decided to get back into riding.
My son and I have a lot of fun together (when there's no surf).
:)

I too grew up on the sport... lot of fun, but also really $$$.

1988 KX 80 (stolen)
1988 YZ 125 (sold)
1990 RM 125 (sold)
1992 RM 125 (sold)

Would like to get a CR 250 one day.

ChrisTO
12-24-2003, 11:56 AM
keeps my car smelling like new. :angel:

surprised no one posted this picture yet.

ekdemos
12-24-2003, 01:45 PM
here is another one from my gerage

Jim Seattle
12-29-2003, 10:46 AM
keeps my car smelling like new. :angel:

surprised no one posted this picture yet.

WTF happened there. Holly smokes. :yikes:

Emission
12-29-2003, 10:51 AM
WTF happened there. Holly smokes. :yikes:

I think a water pipe burst (froze) while the family was on vacation.

TAL2GK
01-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Finally, some pics of my ladies in the garage ... of course, my company car (and daily driver) is out in the driveway!

TAL2GK
01-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Here's the front view ... too bad they'll be in the garage more than they'll be out of it for the next few months:(

1999 BMW R1100R ABS & my new 2003 BMW Z4 :D

mjames
01-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Here's my family's garage ... '03 325i and '01 ML320. We also have a '00 A6 2.7T, we miss that third garage that our previous house had. :)

ptown2
01-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Here's some pics of my garage... Like the lift?

ekdemos
01-23-2004, 11:13 AM
I just moved here a some pictures of my new gerage.

copter
01-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Sorry, I had to do it...

AB
01-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Sorry, I had to do it...

Cool, where did you get the traffic signage and stoplight? :eek: :eeps:

Emission
01-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Sorry, I had to do it...

Why sorry?

ekdemos