PDA

View Full Version : x5 Roof Bars

swindonhost
12-14-2003, 08:07 AM
Has anyone got a cure other than sticky tape to stop the locking bolt covers from rattling at high speed.

My roof bars have a free spinning steel section around the outside of the bolt head, this creates a rather annoying rattle once you hit 70Mph.

Jon

Emission
12-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Has anyone got a cure other than sticky tape to stop the locking bolt covers from rattling at high speed.

My roof bars have a free spinning steel section around the outside of the bolt head, this creates a rather annoying rattle once you hit 70Mph.

Jon

Can you take a pciture of the part that is making the noise. I can't figure out what you are talking about. :dunno:

swindonhost
12-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Can you take a pciture of the part that is making the noise. I can't figure out what you are talking about. :dunno:

This is the part, its like a small steel cup around the bolt head

Emission
12-15-2003, 03:37 PM
This is the part, its like a small steel cup around the bolt head

I don't have anything like that on my X5. If it is a BMW part, can't you take it back to the dealer and raise a stink?

swindonhost
12-15-2003, 03:52 PM
I don't have anything like that on my X5. If it is a BMW part, can't you take it back to the dealer and raise a stink?

Thats my next thought.

Its on the bolt on cross members for fitting a roof box, I never had the problem on the 330, they had end caps and no rattle