PDA

View Full Version : New 5 Series Install Pics

rpr2
12-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Hello guys. New to this board, but noticed that there seem to be few pics of E39 installs. The system consists of the following equipment:

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9815
CD changer: Alpine CHA S634
Amps: Alpine MRV-F540 (2)
Front Sp: a/d/s 345is components
Rear Sp: stock (with a/d/s x-overs)
Custom BMW Head unit Kit
Subs: JL Audio 10w3 v2 d2 (2) in custom band pass box

The sound is simply fantastic! The a/d/s speakers are so clean and smooth. The install was done by a high end shop in Redondo Beach. Your opinions are welcome.

jaisonline
12-17-2003, 01:11 PM
looks good considering the lights on alpine doesn't match bmw's orange lighting. at least your head unit is centered in your 5-series. aftermarket heads can't be centered in the e46; that's why i stuck w/ the factory head unit instead of using my sweet 3 yr old pioneer premier deh-p900r. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_34019,00.html

question: who made your custom BMW Head unit Kit?

HW
12-17-2003, 01:52 PM
hows about applying paint, leather, wood trim to the hu bracket to match? :dunno:

rpr2
12-18-2003, 12:05 AM
looks good considering the lights on alpine doesn't match bmw's orange lighting. at least your head unit is centered in your 5-series. aftermarket heads can't be centered in the e46; that's why i stuck w/ the factory head unit instead of using my sweet 3 yr old pioneer premier deh-p900r. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_34019,00.html

question: who made your custom BMW Head unit Kit?

Thanks. The install was done by European Car Stereo in Redondo Beach. Ask for Alex (310) 370-0086. Not sure if he modified an existing kit or made this one. I know he sanded and painted it to match the other black trim in the interior. I was also concerned about the look of the new head unit vs. stock but I am pleased with the look of the 9815 compared to Alpine's other decks with the green buttons which I hate. Ironically, when making sound adjustments on the unit the buttons are amber, but they only stay that color for a few seconds. He also installed an infrared interface which allows me to use the steering wheel audio controls as I did with the stock unit.

rpr2
12-18-2003, 12:10 AM
hows about applying paint, leather, wood trim to the hu bracket to match? :dunno:

I considered that, but preferred the look of the black matte finish. I think it matches the rest of the center console area much better. Here is another pic.