PDA

View Full Version : Rainx and Auto Rain Sensing Wipers

ivan308
12-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Anyone else use Rainx on their windscreen and have the Auto Rain Sensing Wipers ?
It seems that the Rainx sheets away too much water and even on the least sensitive setting (all the way down) the intermittent mode is too frequent . Any ideas ?

Alex Baumann
12-16-2003, 08:33 AM
Hmm, I'm using a similar product, but I haven't noticed such a thing. You may avoid using RainX on the section where the rain sensor is sitting.

F1Crazy
12-16-2003, 08:54 AM
I've used Aquapel and now that I run out I'm using Rain-X with no problems whatsoever :dunno:

Emission
12-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Use it everywhere but on the sensor.

Dirtboy
12-16-2003, 06:57 PM
i use RainX everywhere on the windsheild including the sensor and have no problems......

3seriesbimmer
12-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Anyone else use Rainx on their windscreen and have the Auto Rain Sensing Wipers ?
It seems that the Rainx sheets away too much water and even on the least sensitive setting (all the way down) the intermittent mode is too frequent . Any ideas ?

I have found that the setting for the windshield wipers both rain sensing and NON rain sensing to be odd timings... My old Jetta had the perfect set up as you could press down on the wiper stalk and then press back up on it imediately. A timer would begin ... the next time the stalk was pressed down and left in the down position was how many seconds the wipers would wait until they would swipe. The timer would go up to 22 seconds if my memory serves me correctly. LOVED this feature :thumbup:

Tanning machine
12-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Use it everywhere but on the sensor.

where is the sensor located?

Emission
12-22-2003, 09:29 AM
where is the sensor located?

Directly behind the rear-view mirror (on the outside of the windshield). If you look from the outside, you will see a dark area, with a purple/blue looking metallic surface. That is the IR reflector for the rain sensor. I believe it also controls the automatic headlights too.