PDA

View Full Version : I know someone who is getting a new BMW on X-Mas morning.

Sean
12-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Battery powered. Top speed 2.5 MPH. Forward, neutral and reverse. It also has brakes.

Alex Baumann
12-16-2003, 07:34 AM
Haha, that's cute. A very nice Christmas gift :thumbup:

TD
12-16-2003, 07:35 AM
Dude, it's Bangled. :rofl:

It's still cool. Your son will love it.

Sean
12-16-2003, 07:40 AM
Dude, it's Bangled. :rofl:

I know. Don't think I have caved in. :p He certainly will not care so long as it is a BMW, Porsche, or a Cedes-Benz (how he pronouces it).

The battery powered M3 that BMW offers is just too much money for a 3 year old.

TD
12-16-2003, 07:41 AM
You just made me go check out BMW Online to see what other chocies are out there and, besides the baby Racer (which we have), the only other choice is THIS-

http://www.bmw-online.com/Img/Img/H02_M3_Battery_Car.jpg

Battery powered. 5 mph top speed. Forward and reverse gears.

Sounds impressive.

Until I got to the price. [Choke]

$425.

Maybe next year. :rofl:

TD
12-16-2003, 07:43 AM
I know. Don't think I have caved in. :p He certainly will not care so long as it is a BMW, Porsche, or a Cedes-Benz (how he pronouces it).

The battery powered M3 that BMW offers is just too much money for a 3 year old.
LOL.

You posted this while I was posting my post.

Yup. $425 is WAY too much money for a 3 year old.

BTW, when is your son's birthday? I'd have to laugh if it's anywhere close to my daughter's.

Sean
12-16-2003, 07:53 AM
LOL.

You posted this while I was posting my post.

Yup. $425 is WAY too much money for a 3 year old.

BTW, when is your son's birthday? I'd have to laugh if it's anywhere close to my daughter's.

He just recently turned 3 on Nov. 28th (day after Thanksgiving). It's tough having his birthday so close to Christmas. We seriously run out of things to give him for Chirstmas, especially since his grandparents and his uncle (my brother) seem to overindulge him.

Edit: We also have the baby racer and the BMW motorcycle/tricycle. He still thoroughly enjoys both.

TD
12-16-2003, 08:05 AM
He just recently turned 3 on Nov. 28th (day after Thanksgiving). It's tough having his birthday so close to Christmas. We seriously run out of things to give him for Chirstmas, especially since his grandparents and his uncle (my brother) seem to overindulge him.

Edit: We also have the baby racer and the BMW motorcycle/tricycle. He still thoroughly enjoys both.
Okay, so our kids are not nearly as close in age as we are.

My daughter turned three back at the end of May. She still loves her Baby Racer, but she is now also into her bicycle (which I bought her for her third birthday) and a trike my parents bought her for Christmas last year.

IIRC, you and I both bought the Baby Racers when our kids weren't even ONE yet.

Sean
12-16-2003, 08:08 AM
IIRC, you and I both bought the Baby Racers when our kids weren't even ONE yet.

A friend that I grew up with (also a long time BMW owner) gave it to him literally a week after he was born.

To top it of. I got a Holiday promo mailing from BMW Online yesterday. There is a toy in there that I want for myself. Yes, I'm still a kid at heart. :D I'm glad that I have a little boy so I can viciously live through him and get to play with all these incredible toys that are now available. We certainly were not privileged to have some of the really cool things that are out.

scottn2retro
12-16-2003, 09:04 AM
My nephew & niece getting this older Z3 pedal model (we got it in the club chapter Christmas party raffle). :banana:

Note the windshield banner :D

Sean
12-16-2003, 09:14 AM
My nephew & niece getting this older Z3 pedal model (we got it in the club chapter Christmar party raffle).

Note the windshield banner :D

Nice touch. :thumbup:

My dealer has one of those and it has been destroyed by customers children.

Brashland
12-16-2003, 09:51 AM
It's tough having his birthday so close to Christmas. We seriously run out of things to give him for Chirstmas, especially since his grandparents and his uncle (my brother) seem to overindulge him.

So then DON'T buy anymore stuff for him. BLASPHEMY?!? In the long run he's not going to remember anyway, and I'm sue he doesn't 'need' any more toys. I'm giving my friend's 3 year old daughter savings bonds. She already gets so much stuff and at least this way when she is older and isn't getting all the stuff she wants, she can buy whatever interests her at that point.

In my office they asked what was our favorite Christmas gift as a child. I had a problem remembering many gifts at all more or less my favorite. What I do remember is my dad always making a big fire Christmas morning, mom cooking homemade cinnamon rolls, hot-chocolate and coffee being available...

Sean
12-16-2003, 11:03 AM
So then DON'T buy anymore stuff for him. BLASPHEMY?!? In the long run he's not going to remember anyway, and I'm sue he doesn't 'need' any more toys. I'm giving my friend's 3 year old daughter savings bonds. She already gets so much stuff and at least this way when she is older and isn't getting all the stuff she wants, she can buy whatever interests her at that point.

In my office they asked what was our favorite Christmas gift as a child. I had a problem remembering many gifts at all more or less my favorite. What I do remember is my dad always making a big fire Christmas morning, mom cooking homemade cinnamon rolls, hot-chocolate and coffee being available...

I think TD will argee with me, but until you have children of your own you will not understand. I certainly don't remember all the gifts that I was given as a child, but I do remember the most memorable gifts (Big Wheel, Green Machine, bikes and etc.). If I had been given saving bonds or even cash from my parents as a small child and I wasn't given anything else for either my birthday or Christmas I would have been one terribly disappointed child. Granted money is a great gift, but it is not greatly appreciated until later in life (teenage years). Sure he will appreciate it later and that's why he has a savings acount where his birthday money goes from other relatives. They are only little for so long so why deny them from the things they like or want?

BlackChrome
12-16-2003, 02:09 PM

I don't know why but I want that!!! :cry: I'd install a set of Xenon and angel eyes! :rofl:

LmtdSlip
12-17-2003, 10:06 AM
I think TD will argee with me, but until you have children of your own you will not understand. I certainly don't remember all the gifts that I was given as a child, but I do remember the most memorable gifts (Big Wheel, Green Machine, bikes and etc.). If I had been given saving bonds or even cash from my parents as a small child and I wasn't given anything else for either my birthday or Christmas I would have been one terribly disappointed child. Granted money is a great gift, but it is not greatly appreciated until later in life (teenage years). Sure he will appreciate it later and that's why he has a savings acount where his birthday money goes from other relatives. They are only little for so long so why deny them from the things they like or want?

I could always count on my Grandma to dissapoint me with either clothes or a Savings Bond. Or both. :(

Looking back of course I appreciate her efforts and thoughtfulness.

At this point I don't have any kids yet so my wife and I spoil our Nieces with toys that their parents wouldn't necessarily buy.

scottn2retro
12-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Nice touch. :thumbup:

My dealer has one of those and it has been destroyed by customers children.

Hey Sean, I might be able to score you another one of those 'limited edition' windshield banners :eeps:

PM with your address and I'll send it out :)

Sean
12-17-2003, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=LmtdSlip]I could always count on my Grandma to dissapoint me with either clothes or a Savings Bond. Or both. :( [QUOTE]

Sorry.

Not mine, she always seemed to get us what we wanted. :)

Tango
12-17-2003, 09:31 PM
If you want him to race in F1 someday you have to start em out young:thumbup:.

yamato
12-18-2003, 09:34 AM
I don't know why but I want that!!! :cry: I'd install a set of Xenon and angel eyes! :rofl:

I like it too. I wish it is a go-cart that I can fit into it.

Mathew
12-18-2003, 09:43 AM
My niece is three, and we were set on getting her the Porsche car. But, everytime she goes to the store, she always hops in the VW Beetle one. I put that together yesterday.

SARAFIL
12-18-2003, 01:36 PM
You just made me go check out BMW Online to see what other chocies are out there and, besides the baby Racer (which we have), the only other choice is THIS-

Battery powered. 5 mph top speed. Forward and reverse gears.

Sounds impressive.

Until I got to the price. [Choke]

$425.

Maybe next year. :rofl:

I love that thing! We have one in our showroom under a christmas tree, and everyone stops to look at it. Gets alot of attention. Plus, our price is a bit more reasonable, at only $399. ;)

car_for_mom
12-19-2003, 06:08 AM
Beautiful, beautiful, Sean! - ah, Scripture does say, "train a child up in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it (ie: buying a " 'Cedes-Benz' "! ) :D

I wonder if Dinan or AC Schnitzer will be entering this market, with modkits? :rofl:

SARAFIL
12-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Plus, our price is a bit more reasonable, at only $399. ;)

Oops.... I was wrong... it's only $339. :bigpimp:

Sean
12-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Oops.... I was wrong... it's only $339. :bigpimp:

WHAT! :mad: I would have purchased it for that! I paid $325 for the Z4.

SARAFIL
12-19-2003, 06:02 PM
WHAT! :mad: I would have purchased it for that! I paid $325 for the Z4.

:dunno:

Sorry.

Sean
12-19-2003, 06:05 PM
:dunno:

Sorry.

Not your fault.

SARAFIL
12-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Not your fault.
I didn't even know what the MSRP was.

We've had it for a while. It's an aged unit. It, and it's big brother ('03 Alpine White M3Cic) have not gotten much love over the past few weeks, and are just sitting there in the showroom with no interest. :cry: