PDA

View Full Version : I need English warnings not German

protocol
12-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Hi Everyone, I've just bought my first BMW after many years having problems with Range rovers, Its only an '88 735i but it feels like only a couple of years old. It drives like a dream.

I took it out yesterday for the first time and i had some warning chimes and on the dash where the warnings come on, warnings in German!!!!, the more i drove the more chimes i heard and i thought that i would have to go back to the garage to sort out these blasted chimes!!, I got home and i wrote down what the warning said, quickly on the net i discovered it meant DOOR OPEN.

Its so fustrating when the the warning come out in GERMAN instead of ENGLISH!!!! is there anyway i can change the language.

if not i'll sign up for a german course at the college!
Thanks
Gerry

LDV330i
12-16-2003, 03:50 PM
In the new US version BMW's the warning are written out in english. I found this strange since the canadian versions use the international symbols. I came from a VW where the international symbols are used. Does BMW really think that americans can't understand symbols that they went throught the expense of creating US specific idiot light lenses.:confused:

Alex Baumann
12-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Original thread here (http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48178)

Hello Gery,

please avoid cross-posting the same thread on multiple boards in the future.

Thanks for your attention.