PDA

View Full Version : Saw one today

cubed
09-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Gorgeous black 550i GT. Oyster interior. I was surprised how great it looked. All I`ve read and saw led me to think why make this car? But after seeing the regular 5 series and now the GT, I have to say the GT is the one with the swagger -- looks cool and the proportions make much better aestetic sense to my eye. Very cool car! Go see one if you are unsure. OK back to my X3...

tturedraider
09-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Y'all may hammer me for this, but the new Hyundai Sonota is all the rage these days, while the 5er GT suffers insult after insult.

Which of these two cars is which? Whether or not y'all think this is a worthwhile comparison of looks, I guarantee you you'd rather drive or ride in the 5er Gran Turismo.

Just Bryce
09-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Y'all may hammer me for this, but the new Hyundai Sonota is all the rage these days, while the 5er GT suffers insult after insult.

Which of these two cars is which?

It's the Hyundai Genesis that is all the rage :)

tturedraider
09-11-2010, 11:55 AM
It's the Hyundai Genesis that is all the rage :)

You've missed the news. The Genesis, while a very good car, is last year's news. The Sonota is today's news.

Just Bryce
09-11-2010, 11:57 AM
You've missed the news. The Genesis, while a very good car, is last year's news. The Sonota is today's news.

That news is my biz, I also like the new Tiburon

BMWMC
09-12-2010, 02:13 PM
I love my GT! 24.4 mpg!

tturedraider
09-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I love my GT! 24.4 mpg!

It is stunning. When I saw Damask Red on the configurator I wasn't sure how it would look on the car in real life. It looks great!! Congrats.

BMWMC
09-12-2010, 07:54 PM
It is stunning. When I saw Damask Red on the configurator I wasn't sure how it would look on the car in real life. It looks great!! Congrats.

Yeah, I like it .. just hate beige interior!

TMQ
09-13-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm guessing the new Audi A7 (hatchback) will compete with the 5GT?

Less storage room but looks really good.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/reviews/car/10q3/2012_audi_a7_sportback_3.0_tfsi-first_drive_review/gallery/2012_audi_a7_sportback_3.0_tfsi_quattro_28european _spec_29_photo_46/3813235-1-eng-US/2012_audi_a7_sportback_3_0tfsi_quattro_euro_spec_1 2_2_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

tturedraider
09-13-2010, 07:06 AM
I can't say for sure, but I think that BMW buyers are a little more utilitarian that Audi buyers and will appreciate the fact that the 5er GT sits a little taller and has a more useful hatch area. I wonder how or if the A7 will divide the "trunk" space from the interior of the car.

Also, it looks very Merc CLS-ish. BMW is going to have a separate car for that market with the Gran Coupe. Pretty much the epitome of style, luxury and performance for BMW.

nosnoop
09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm guessing the new Audi A7 (hatchback) will compete with the 5GT?
Less storage room but looks really good.

Not really. It mainly aims for CLS market. They are both sedans pretending to look like a coupe. With only 4 seats and sits even lower, it is quite different from GT.

Even though it looks very sleek, it does nothing for me. To me, it looks rather bland, and looks just like any other Audi models.

cubed
10-05-2010, 09:09 AM
there is something wrong with the rear end of that audi. too skinny vertically, maybe? dont know but it looks like a 1970`s chevy monza

http://hogansclassiccars.com/cars/1975_Chevy_Monza.jpg

frantzy
10-13-2010, 08:42 AM
.. the 5er GT suffers insult after insult...

.. I guarantee you you'd rather drive or ride in the 5er Gran Turismo.

Yesterday, stopping for refreshments on a 3-hour highway trip (31.4 mpg:)), a guy in a pickup truck honked his horn and motioned for me to roll down my window. He asked, "Is this a new model?" and asked several questions about the GT, and said how much he liked the styling and color.

It's not suited for everyone obviously but there's something about its real-world aesthetics that look better in person than in print.

ld757
10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
I have a better story to tell.
I was walking out of supermarket and there was a guy standing near my 550GT trying to make a picture with his phone. When he saw me approaching the car he immediately sat into his car and left the parking lot. :cry::cry::)