PDA

View Full Version : Good source of BMW used parts?

01Byte
12-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Hello,

I am trying to find a good source of used BMW parts (interior). I've searched the regular sites (eBay, Roadfly, BMW Forums, etc..). Does anyone know of a quality source?

I'm actually trying to find a BMW arm rest cradle for a cpt8000 phone that fits a 2001 740IL.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Terry Kennedy
12-20-2003, 05:39 PM
I am trying to find a good source of used BMW parts (interior). I've searched the regular sites (eBay, Roadfly, BMW Forums, etc..). Does anyone know of a quality source?

I'm actually trying to find a BMW arm rest cradle for a cpt8000 phone that fits a 2001 740IL.If you know the part number (and this is important anyway, since many eBay sellers are clueless as to what they have, particularly with BMW phone parts), why not call one of the BMW discount dealers (Circle, Pacific, etc.) and get a quote on a new one? You might be pleasantly surprised.

01Byte
12-20-2003, 06:58 PM
If you know the part number (and this is important anyway, since many eBay sellers are clueless as to what they have, particularly with BMW phone parts), why not call one of the BMW discount dealers (Circle, Pacific, etc.) and get a quote on a new one? You might be pleasantly surprised.

I called a couple of dealers in my area and the cradle is around $400.00 bucks :yikes: !! Even with a 20% discount it's still going to be over $300.00 :(

I'm trying to see if I can find one for less (used).

Terry Kennedy
12-20-2003, 07:34 PM
I called a couple of dealers in my area and the cradle is around $400.00 bucks :yikes: !! Even with a 20% discount it's still going to be over $300.00 :(That sounds like the eject box (at least on the E46, the cradle plastic is under $50 and comes in the 3 trim colors, and then there's the eject box itself which is black). Do you have a BMW phone in the car, or are you trying to add one? I'm asking because the cradle is phone-specific and the BMW phones are really hard to come by these days.

01Byte
12-21-2003, 07:32 AM
That sounds like the eject box (at least on the E46, the cradle plastic is under $50 and comes in the 3 trim colors, and then there's the eject box itself which is black). Do you have a BMW phone in the car, or are you trying to add one? I'm asking because the cradle is phone-specific and the BMW phones are really hard to come by these days.

When I bought my car several weeks ago the dealer told me that it has the phone system installed. The only thing that I needed to get was the cradle that fits into the armrest and the phone itself. I searched the web and I think I can get the phone for around $200, but I can't find the cradle anywhere :banghead: . I called the dealer and the quote I have is $400 for the cradle and eject box (he said it's a whole unit). That sounds like a little too much to pay for just the cradle (phone not included).

Where did you see the cradle for under $50? I'd love to take a look...

Thanks for your help.

Terry Kennedy
12-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Where did you see the cradle for under $50? I'd love to take a look...On the E46, the plastic trim and the actual eject box are two different parts, and the trim is around $50. Here is an (old) web page about this:
http://www.mindspring.com/~pmbenn/cpt8000.htm