PDA

View Full Version : 2012 BMW 650 Coupe

kenomail
09-18-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.insideline.com/bmw/6-series/bmw-6-series-concept-2010-paris-auto-show.html

Nice!

Jagular
09-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Got to say it. I like the old style better. Maybe it looks better in person. :dunno:

ryan234
09-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Interior looks good.

Side view looks like an accord coupe.

dalekressin
09-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Just not my idea of a driving machine.

SARAFIL
09-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Beautiful.... much better than the current car.

octopump
09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
What an amazing car! BMW has done very well here. I hope the production model(s) look like this.

BMW Power
09-19-2010, 10:01 AM
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/pressclub/p/pcgl/pressDetail.html?outputChannelId=6&id=T0084449EN&left_menu_item=node__2318
•World premiere: the BMW Concept 6 Series Coupé.
The 2010 Paris Motor Show is the setting for the world premiere of the BMW Concept 6 Series Coupé. This design study for a premium-class 2+2-seater is the embodiment of a passion for aesthetics and dynamics. Flowing lines and aesthetically sculpted surfaces define the design of the BMW Concept 6 Series Coupé, in which classic BMW coupé styling cues are given a modern rendition. Among the innovative details featured in this concept study are full LED headlights and a newly designed, freestanding Control Display for the iDrive operating system.

SehrSchnell
09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
It's always hard to picture with these pre-production photos they have. But, so far, I am really liking the looks of it.

For fun, I played with photoshop a little with it. Lowered it and darkened the wheels ;) The right suspension always makes a car! :thumbup:

Elias
09-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Thank God they fixed the rear end looks so much more cleaner than the old 650.:thumbup:

bikerboy
09-25-2010, 08:54 PM
The current 650i is, in my opinion, the ugliest BMW ever built. I have always loved the 6 series and couldn't afford it years ago when I was driving a 5 series. Now that I can afford it, I put a deposit on the current model before introduction with great anticipation. Saw it at the auto show and was shocked at how "butt" ugly it was. Operative term being "butt". The rear end was/is a disaster. Took my deposit back and leased an E55. Never thought I'd do that. But never thought I'd see a BMW that ugly.

Now we have a new design. Finally, the beauty is back in the 6 series. This car is stunning. Unfortunately I am now driving a leased 550i sport that is up on lease this month and the car is not out until next year. I've ordered the new 550ix sport. Great looking car, but not like this one! Lease is up so I'll be in the 5 series again, wishing I had a 6.

Monsignor
09-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Bye Bye Bangle Butt!

What do you think a dealer would give me for my E34 on a trade? LOL

Huncowboy
09-30-2010, 06:29 AM
My initial impression is that it is good looking but I am not blown away. May be it will grow on me. For now I will just wait and see what else will be available in 2012, in particular I want to see the new SL.

TXSTYLE
10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
It's always hard to picture with these pre-production photos they have. But, so far, I am really liking the looks of it.

For fun, I played with photoshop a little with it. Lowered it and darkened the wheels ;) The right suspension always makes a car! :thumbup:

Nice!

chris328
10-07-2010, 06:19 AM
still kinda looks like a fat person

apoirier594
10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Like the current 6er more. Maybe, hopefully I will grow to like it

davy_b
10-11-2010, 12:51 PM
TBH the second i saw the old (E63) 6 series i loved it that will have to grow on me not mad about it at the moment very classy looking but boring, i loved most of bangles designs they were different , now they are all plain boring designs that look no different from mercedes :cry:

petriej
10-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Bye Bye Bangle Butt!

What do you think a dealer would give me for my E34 on a trade? LOL

They don't take trade-ins that old. I'd buy it off you, though!

petriej
10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Deleted.

BimmerBurger
10-15-2010, 01:31 AM
I love that everyone (100%) of the people talking trash about the current 6 series are not 6 series owners. You guys with 5 series are already guys who chose a more boxy, less sporty, more elderly, conservative look. So yes - folks like you will love this less sporty, conservative, elderly looking 6 series. The psychology behind the various comments is so funny how it fits perfectly into stereotypes.

As a current 6 series owner, this new design does not look very impressive to me at all. It seems to have lost its bite. You dont need a huge Bangle Butt to keep the 6 series looking like the sport coupe. But they seem to have completely killed that look and feel with this new design. Any one of you 5 series owners who says the current 6er "is the ugliest BMW ever designed" (see mine below) have got quite a different perception on reality than I do.

-BB-

SehrSchnell
10-15-2010, 01:55 AM
I love that everyone (100%) of the people talking trash about the current 6 series are not 6 series owners. You guys with 5 series are already guys who chose a more boxy, less sporty, more elderly, conservative look. So yes - folks like you will love this less sporty, conservative, elderly looking 6 series. The psychology behind the various comments is so funny how it fits perfectly into stereotypes.

As a current 6 series owner, this new design does not look very impressive to me at all. It seems to have lost its bite. You dont need a huge Bangle Butt to keep the 6 series looking like the sport coupe. But they seem to have completely killed that look and feel with this new design. Any one of you 5 series owners who says the current 6er "is the ugliest BMW ever designed" (see mine below) have got quite a different perception on reality than I do.

-BB-

I totally agree with you. Ironically, I am came from 3 previous 5 series BMW's, the last being an M5, and I get so many more comments on my 6 series than I did any of my 5's. Now, I still love the 5, and always will, it just took me back when so many more people, including my own family, has said this is the most beautiful one I have owned yet.

Of course yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions. It's what makes the world go round. I would hate it if you all loved everything I do, lol :D

Regarding the new design, a friend of mine who works locally at a BMW dealership had a colleague travel to Germany to view this new vehicle. He said, and I quote, "it's probably the most beautiful BMW yet". He also said the pictures do it no justice. I'm personally excited to the car, not the price tag. :thumbup:

pj-
11-19-2010, 07:50 PM

-BB-

Why would a 6 series trasher own a 6 series?

The droopy front end of that car you posted looks like a depressed Down Syndrome sufferer, and I can't add anything that hasn't already been said about the hideous rear end. To me, it is the most visually unappealing and poorly designed BMW I have ever seen, and unlike most other BMWs the 6 actually looks worse in person than it does in pictures.

I seriously doubt that most e60 and f10 buyers even considered a 6 series due to the cost of them or the impracticality of owning a coupe. It wasn't because they looked at the 6 and went "oh my, that's far too sporty and young looking for my tastes." Besides that, I don't even think the old 6 series is younger or more sporty looking. The new 6 looks like an elegant, modern car that goes really fast without trying. The only thing sporty about the old one is the fact that it has 2 doors and giant wheels.

I love the new 5s and 6s and only hope that my e39 will last until I can afford one.

bikerboy
11-19-2010, 08:28 PM
That black 650 is as nice as that car can look. You've worked miracles with the car. Wheels are a knockout. Makes the car. That being said, I have always believed that when the present 6 series was designed, someone said, make the trunk big enough to put in 2 sets of golf clubs. Designer said "we can't do that unless we raise up the trunk to here". Well, that's it then, raise the trunk." What other reason for that goofy looking rear end? For whatever it's worth, when the present 6 series was introduced, I happened to be at Bondurant. One of the guys there at the time is a well known car designer. I won't give his name but I assure you he designed one of the most beautiful cars you've seen. Limited production vehicle. I asked him very innocently what he thought of the 6 series design. He laughed, and said "that's all I'll say."

cowtown5
12-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Much better looking than the currrent generation, but doesn't the front end (the kidney grill not withstanding), remind you of a Jaguar Coupe? Not that thats a bad thing...