PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth question

01Byte
12-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Hello,

I've tried asking this question in the dealer section but got no response :(

So now I hope maybe someone in the gen pop might have the latest and the greatest info...

I've been getting conflicting information about whether a Bluetooth retro fit kit is available for the 2001MY BMW's.

I've heard that it is available in Europe but not in USA, is that true? If, yes then has anyone heard of any release dates for the states?

Any "shedding of light" would be appreciated :bow:

ObD
12-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Hello,

I've tried asking this question in the dealer section but got no response :(

So now I hope maybe someone in the gen pop might have the latest and the greatest info...

I've been getting conflicting information about whether a Bluetooth retro fit kit is available for the 2001MY BMW's.

I've heard that it is available in Europe but not in USA, is that true? If, yes then has anyone heard of any release dates for the states?

Any "shedding of light" would be appreciated :bow:

Not yet for MY2001. Supposedly a kit is in the works. Yes, Europe has a kit. No word on whether it works in the US. US release date is soon which usually means in a year.

01Byte
12-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Not yet for MY2001. Supposedly a kit is in the works. Yes, Europe has a kit. No word on whether it works in the US. US release date is soon which usually means in a year.

Thanks for the info. Just once it would be nice if we were the first ones to get something and Europe had to wait :D

ademitt
12-23-2003, 07:18 AM
I have been told the retrofit kit for my car is available in Europe at this time. Release for NA is first quarter of 2004.

milski
12-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Just once it would be nice if we were the first ones to get something and Europe had to wait :D

They needed some time to get the Active Brake Lights there, so here you go, Merry Christmas. ;)

Kaz
12-23-2003, 11:04 AM
No idea how it is on E38s but E46s had completely different prewiring in '01 between the US and Europe, that's why their BT application list is wider than ours. I was working on seeing if I could get the BT to work in 99-01 E46s but have discovered it's a bit more involved than I originally anticipated, and the project is currently on hold.