PDA

View Full Version : fear of contrasting colors

tomimbler
09-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Since Cashmere Silver is an ordered color, I cannot find cars with that color. I am depending upon the brotherhood to let me know if I am stupid to combine Cash Silver with Oyster/Black......my wife is saying that the yellow in the Cashmere will conflict with the grey in the Oyster..but being a guy, I have no *** clue.....

markl53
09-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I saw a Cashmere Silver 135i yesterday. It's really a very very light frosted beige, IMO. It's actually not yellowish to me. This one had black top and black interior, but I think oyster would work as well. I think beige inside would not work very well because Venetian Beige is somewhat yellowish. BTW, Oyster is not really gray, have you seen it in person? It seems to be a more warm, though very light off-white.

1HOT BMR
09-24-2010, 08:00 PM
I saw a Cashmere with an Oyster/Black interior that I thought looked beautiful. My wife was with me and she got alll enthus about ordering my car in those colors. I'd say is more of a woman's taste but who am I to talk about a woman's taste. Mine is Alpine White with Oyster/Black interior. I read somewhere that those are the colors retired old ladies drive in Florida :rofl:

Rafa
09-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I saw a Cashmere with an Oyster/Black interior that I thought looked beautiful. My wife was with me and she got alll enthus about ordering my car in those colors. I'd say is more of a woman's taste but who am I to talk about a woman's taste. Mine is Alpine White with Oyster/Black interior. I read somewhere that those are the colors retired old ladies drive in Florida :rofl:

Well, I live in Fl and I would not agree with the retired ladies characterization. Alpine White with Oyster/Black looks quite sharp IMO. Venetian Beige works very well with Alpine White too, but is more traditional. I chose Dark Graphite Metallic, but Alpine/Oyster/Black was my second choice.

tunafish
09-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Since Cashmere Silver is an ordered color, I cannot find cars with that color. I am depending upon the brotherhood to let me know if I am stupid to combine Cash Silver with Oyster/Black......my wife is saying that the yellow in the Cashmere will conflict with the grey in the Oyster..but being a guy, I have no *** clue.....

I have a Cashmere Silver 535i with Oyster/Black nappa. It is beautiful. Please don't order this because I want to have one of the few cars with this combination. :)

Indeed, a Cashmere Silver with Oyster/Oyster 7 series was featured in one of BMW's glossy catalogs. BTW, I don't see any yellow in Cashmere Silver. There is a subtle beige tone, not gold or yellow.

550xEYE
09-24-2010, 10:35 PM
I was fortunate enough to see Cashmere silver metallic prior to finalizing my order. I did not appreciate any yellow/gold to the color. I finalized my 550ix with Cashmere Silver Metallic/Oyster Dakota/Anthracite Wood/Anthracite Headliner and every conceivable option. My sales rep said it it one of the best configured 550's he has ever ordered.

robertb_in_dc
09-25-2010, 12:07 PM
There isn't a trace of yellow in cashmere silver and I don't see a trace of gray in oyster. Oyster is an off white and cashmere is a pinkish beige. The best combo I've seen with cashmere is all oyster but that's not available in the US. The next best combo would be oyster/black. All black would be the only other color that would look decent with it. IMHO.

tomimbler
09-25-2010, 01:44 PM
You helped me take the plunge, just did an ED order for 550xi Cashmere/Oyster Black. Will post some pics when I get the car... :D

quackbury
09-25-2010, 04:58 PM
I think you will be very happy. IMHO the Oyster is more like Vanilla (and I mean that in a very good way). When I think of oyster shells, I picture a touch of weathered gray. To my middle-aged eyes, the Oyster leather has a subtle touch of light brown. Not yellow, and very, very sophisticated. In any event, you will have enough black trim (dash cap, carpets, lower seat backs, etc.) to provide a visual break between the Oyster and the Cashmere.

Cashmere sounds really neat - I am looking forward to seeing my first one on the road. G/L!