PDA

View Full Version : 550xi Order Discrepancies

550xEYE
09-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Anyone who has used BMWUSA.COM to track their order please let me know if it is normal for there to be a discrepancy between cofiguration sent to the dealer and the configuration while in the "on order" stage. Mine does not show Prem. Pkg 2, rear seat ent., smart phone, Dynamic handling or Driver assistance? But does list other options such as Sport, Convenience, Active seat, Cold weather, Heads Up, 4 Zone etc...?

Newmanium
09-26-2010, 09:55 AM
BMWUSA is almost never correct - my X5 had incorrect options even though everything was delivered correctly. The Dealerspeed printout is what actually gets built.

This comes up about every 2 weeks, always freaks everybody out at first. BMW should really fix their website tracking.

550xEYE
09-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the info. I am purchasing from an out of town dealer and our correspondence is via email or phone tag.

markl53
09-26-2010, 10:05 AM
My dealer "stole" a stock order already in the system to modify it to my car's specs. It took about a week for the option list to be straightened out at BMWUSA.com. The safest thing to do, and I'm surprised everyone doesn't do this, is have your dealer print out the official order/design page from their online ordering website. That is the official, no questions asked, list of what will be on your car. If you did not receive this the day you ordered your car, call your sales person and demand that he/she scan it and email to you ASAP. This will answer all your questions and let you rest easy.

freberta
09-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Please give this no worry. My car was delivered after 39 days on 9/3. Everything was as ordered even though the BMW site even had the wrong model on it. As a matter of fact, the web site still says my car is only at the "Order" stage.

Slaymaster
09-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Anyone who has used BMWUSA.COM to track their order please let me know if it is normal for there to be a discrepancy between cofiguration sent to the dealer and the configuration while in the "on order" stage. Mine does not show Prem. Pkg 2, rear seat ent., smart phone, Dynamic handling or Driver assistance? But does list other options such as Sport, Convenience, Active seat, Cold weather, Heads Up, 4 Zone etc...?

What they do is take a car already ordered for stock and make changes to meet your specifications being it's sold. Then the changes are made to the site in a few days to reflect the car you ordered. Sometimes it takes a few days to reflect your newly ordered car. I would let the dealer know and continue checking the website for updates.

markl53
09-26-2010, 10:18 AM
What they do is take a car already ordered for stock and make changes to meet your specifications being it's sold. Then the changes are made to the site in a few days to reflect the car you ordered. Sometimes it takes a few days to reflect your newly ordered car. I would let the dealer know and continue checking the website for updates.

Again, all one needs to do is look at the official order page from the dealer's order website. It's a simple matter to verify the order without waiting, nagging, worrying, etc. Your dealer should provide this to you when you leave after ordering. They can simply scan it and email it to you.

I've attached my Design/Order form from the dealer. Note it also shows the port where your vehicle will be delivered.

jmr99vet
09-26-2010, 10:41 AM
My order was never correct on BMWUSA. I have had the car for 6 weeks, it is still shown as "at the dealer".

robertb_in_dc
09-26-2010, 11:54 AM
The BMW site is completely unreliable. My car was first listed with the correct color and wrong equipment, but the site later changed and even got the color wrong. The car however came just as I had ordered it. Posters above are right that you should get the "official" order printout from your dealer and stop worrying.

kirbyj
09-26-2010, 12:39 PM
I have also found the BMW site to be inaccurate. It listed my new 535xi with some of the correct information but then omitted several option packages such as Premium 1, Dynamic Handling, and smartphone integration. The funny thing is that they listed P2 and as everyone knows you can't get P2 without P1.

The surprising thing about the site is that BMW buyers are quite thorough and choosey about ordering their cars exactly as they want them and then for them to see a BMW order site that lists wrong information is quite startling. I work in the medical field and I can tell you that if any of our information was inaccurate we would correct it ASAP. We have a zero tolerance policy for errors.

rigel12
09-26-2010, 04:01 PM
The surprising thing about the site is that BMW buyers are quite thorough and choosey about ordering their cars exactly as they want them and then for them to see a BMW order site that lists wrong information is quite startling.

Right on.

Their website continues to be a disgrace. Ok on an occasional mistake, but the whole thing is littered with errors. A couple of months ago, a poster actually called BMW USA about the inaccurate information they were showing regarding the x-drives having Parking Assist and IAS. It's still there. Also, miles/gallon is still showing TBD on most models while the cars have been independently rated for months already.

Since their web page is one of the most public facing forums for information, the dude who runs their web department should be fired. Disgusting for a company like BMW.

markl53
09-26-2010, 05:36 PM
One word in their defense. Many of you seeing incorrect info for your order is because the original order was for a stock unit configured differently from what you wanted. The dealer took that order and modified it to your specs. It took mine only a few days before the options and color was in sync with my actual order. By using an order already in the system, they can use that allocation slot for your custom order. I'll bet orders that go in brand new are accurate as far as equipment showing up.