PDA

View Full Version : 550I X Ordered on 9/18, Now Coded 150 but want Sport Aut Trans w/Paddles

NH JG
09-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Am I out of luck since now in production or does it really depend as to how far BMW is in the process?

Today, the dealer told me today that they are 99% sure it's too late but they will look into and get back to me.

If on occasion, I was going to use the shifter (not the paddles) in a manual mode anyway. will I really miss out on much/anything if I cant get the order changed?

Thanks so much.
JG

SARAFIL
09-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Am I out of luck since now in production or does it really depend as to how far BMW is in the process?

Today, the dealer told me today that they are 99% sure it's too late but they will look into and get back to me.

If on occasion, I was going to use the shifter (not the paddles) in a manual mode anyway. will I really miss out on much/anything if I cant get the order changed?

Thanks so much.
JG

absolutely, positively no way to change an order once it is in status 150

markl53
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
+1. I missed iPod/USB connector because my order went in on a Saturday and by Monday was already 150 status. No go.

voken
09-29-2010, 07:21 AM
One clarification. I placed my order on 9/25-Saturday and y'day (9/28) I wanted to add teh HUD (head up display) and called my dealer and he said he can't do anything as its in production (status 150). Now I just checked on bmwusa.com by using the production number he gave, but it only shows as "On Order" under Start !!!

I am attaching a snapshot of the image from the bmwusa.com on my order (and also the order shows up incorrectly as well !)

DXK
09-29-2010, 07:36 AM
It comes up here all the time: the bmwusa site is not accurate, pay no attention to it. Your dealer's info is up to date.

voken
09-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks DXK. My main clarification is around the status. I want to change the order by adding HUD (Head UP Display) and the dealer says he can't as its already in Production. But when I chcek the order status, it shows up "On Order" under Start. Pls refer to the order picture in my initial posting.

voken
09-29-2010, 07:43 AM
And where do I see this code number 150 that every one is talking about ? I don't see any code numbers on my "Track Your BMW" page ??

DXK
09-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Again, that site is not to be trusted with tracking. At best, there is 48 hours delay, but sometimes much more. Did you try the 800 number? sometimes it's more accurate. That bmwusa site will not have your codes, the delear does. You can ask him to email or fax you that sheet the current info

DXK
09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
try this:

1-800-831-1117; say ***8220;Vehicle Production Status***8221; and then read out your production number.

Newmanium
09-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks DXK. My main clarification is around the status. I want to change the order by adding HUD (Head UP Display) and the dealer says he can't as its already in Production. But when I chcek the order status, it shows up "On Order" under Start. Pls refer to the order picture in my initial posting.

The website is wildly inaccurate for both status and options - 800 number tends to be pretty decent with status, but definitive info is always going to be from the dealer.

Huncowboy
09-29-2010, 08:24 AM
I am pretty sure you can't change things once it goes into production.

We are also waiting for a 550i that we have ordered around 9/12. I got the production number on the 18th. Right now the 800# says "scheduled for production with no confirmed production date". I was just wondering it seems you guys ordered after me and yours is already in production. I am wondering may be because we have the M package? Or the carbon black? Any of you guys with those options?

dunccfp
09-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Online lags the official printout the dealer gets everyday. I'd reorder at another dealer. The shift paddles give you the option for a tighter suspension with you will need believe me and also a more responsive throttle linkage. There is a big difference. I set mine so that sport tightens the suspension and use that setting 90% of the time. When I want to tool around I set sport+ to tighter suspension and better throttle response. That way I save gas mileage around town.

voken
09-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks DXK. I just called the 1-800 and mine says "In Production" and estimated completion date is Oct 6th 2010. Don't know if I have to happy :) that my car will be at the dealer by Oct last week or :mad: as I can't change the order any more !

Huncowboy - My dealer went in and changed the priority of another car that is line to production and modified it with my specs. And is the reason why mine changed the status to 'In Production' in 1 business day

Huncowboy
09-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I see. Thx

HPIA4v2
09-29-2010, 09:27 AM
to OP, this is sometime why people better deals with big dealers.

Had the similar experience with my dealer ordering 335i, I wanted glacier alum trim that comes with m-sport instead of plain alum trim. The CA entered the wrong code and I also wanted to add alarm (yes alarm is optional on 3-series).
No problem, CA just ordered me another car cause he had so many allocation to choose from.
I'll say order another one, it's crazy ordering $60-$70k car with option you don;t like.

DXK
09-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks DXK. I just called the 1-800 and mine says "In Production" and estimated completion date is Oct 6th 2010. Don't know if I have to happy :) that my car will be at the dealer by Oct last week or :mad: as I can't change the order any more !

Huncowboy - My dealer went in and changed the priority of another car that is line to production and modified it with my specs. And is the reason why mine changed the status to 'In Production' in 1 business day
It's subjective, but I wouldn't sweat over HUD, it's an okay feature absense of which will not take away too much from enjoying the car. The sport auto tranny that the OP is missing would be of bigger concern like someone indicated.

kakalika
09-30-2010, 10:44 AM
How much of a deposit (if any) do you have on it? If it is only a small amount or nothing, just walk away and order another one.

voken
10-05-2010, 07:03 AM
I have a deposit of $1000 on this one. I mean can I do this ? walk away while my car is in production and place an order for another one ?

Huncowboy
10-05-2010, 07:06 AM
I have a deposit of $1000 on this one. I mean can I do this ? walk away while my car is in production and place an order for another one ?

Yes. You can even do it with the current dealer. It is not like they will have a hard time getting rid of the car you have ordered especially since they've already made 1000 on it. Unless it was a green, manual, with blue interior... just kidding. Definitely don't drive a car for 3-5 years for 70-80k that is not EXACTLY the way YOU want it. Just stupid.

NH JG
10-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Voken, instead of walking away...if your color scheme is popular, your dealear may just let you move your deposit to another order with them as it should be a good faith deposit not a profit center for them..so Id psuh them hard on that. If they dont budge, tell them you'll order elswhere if they dont and/or lastly meet them have way and split the difference. My dealer only asked for $500 deposit.

Newmanium
10-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Guys - deposits are almost always refundable. Just order a new car if you didn't get all the options you want. Dealers can either resell the current order, or use it to trade with another dealer.

voken
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
This is what I ordered - Black Sapphire/ Cinnamon Brown/ Premium Pkg/ Premium Pkg 2/ Cold Weather/ Rear-seat entertainment/ split fold-down-rear seat. I believe its a popular choice of colors and the package combo. Issue is that my wife (primary driver) is particular about this 4-zone automatic climate control and the one she test drove has it and thought its a standard feature in all 5 series and so do I :( Just realized its an option to chose at $500. If i chose to reorder then I might go for HUD as well :) Now the question is is this really a must have given the hassle I have to go thru w/ the dealer ?

voken
10-05-2010, 10:56 AM
OK, I just called the dealer. I was told it does have vents at the back as a standard feature (I believe this is what my wife saw as well) but if we need to temp controls thats what will cost this extra $500.

NH JG
10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
If she isnt going to sit back there, tell her not to worry about it. The cars not the big anyway so not sure it will make too much of a diff...good luck