PDA

View Full Version : Pre September builds

bklyn550
09-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Was wondering who has a car before 6 v. Combox was added and is there anything we can do to get bmw to give us the technology we deserve or will we have to wait three years to have what everyone else has.

Sent from my Nexus One using BimmerApp

brandonw
09-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Being they were very specific in stating that it was hardware based and thus not retrofittable, I would say its a zero change that if you don't have 6VC, then you wont be getting it. At least not from BMW.

Sad, as I feel for you. But that's the name of the game for technology. There will also be something cooler, better and faster tomorrow.

alex_c
09-27-2010, 09:57 AM
I disagree. There will always be something better tomorrow... but we bought this TODAY for a model year that was changed a few weeks after the introduction, therefore penalizing the most loyal customers and early adopters of the brand. I bought a 2011 535 and want a FULL 2011 535, not a 7/8 2011 535...

nosnoop
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
I disagree. There will always be something better tomorrow... but we bought this TODAY for a model year that was changed a few weeks after the introduction, therefore penalizing the most loyal customers and early adopters of the brand. I bought a 2011 535 and want a FULL 2011 535, not a 7/8 2011 535...

I fully understand your frustration, I probably would feel the same too.
But at the end of the day, I doubt BMW would do anything about it. The specs for each model year is not static. They do make changes too, and sometimes announced mid-year change; and sometimes unannounced like switching to improved and more reliable parts, especially in first model year car.

My advice: forget about the 6VC, and enjoy the car!

chrischeung
09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
If you are leasing, you can sell your current lease and get a new one. I'm going to shortly sell my 2010 lease and get a 2011 (leased of course).

bobr2001
09-27-2010, 09:04 PM
the very same thing happened in MY2006 E60 with the keyless start

melor
09-27-2010, 11:47 PM
The bigger and more expensive the toy, the worse you are going to get foxed. Good news is that the car will still look and perform the same. At least your color paint wasn't excluded, or a better motor was dropped into the cars the day after you bought yours. I am sympathetic right up to before you use the word "deserve." You got exactly what you paid for and thus what you deserved. Now if the sales force sold the car with knowledge that there was going to be a change, and neglected to mention that in order to make their sale.... Then I think they deserve something as well...

Paul

I know about the iPod album art and single cable for iPod connection, but is there a significant improvement other than this?

PJ

nosnoop
09-28-2010, 01:43 AM
I know about the iPod album art and single cable for iPod connection, but is there a significant improvement other than this?

You have Blackberry smartphone integration with mobile office - reading email/text messages/notes using the screen or using text-to-speech ("read the emails to you"). The mobile phone device driver is also upgradeable - so they can add iPhone support for mobile office function in the future if they want.

You also get bluetooth music streaming, external call list, voice control of external device/iPod etc.

And I also suspect that the complete support of all the My BMW Remote iPhone app functions require the 6VC.

FPNY
09-28-2010, 09:44 AM
WOW, that's a lot of stuff with the new 6vc. I wonder if I am getting that in my 535xi that is sitting in Germany waiting for its ship to come in. I'd be pissed if they made an upgrade like that and didn't offer it to the existing owners too.

bklyn550
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Thats what I am saying we are not early adopters we bought the car when it came out its not like its a blu ray player. BMW should be forced to do something. As far as selling a lease by the time that happens and you give incentive you may as well just forget it. The problem here is that bmw are like the cia with information. The dealer doesn't know anything the people at tech support dont know much. We are all making up theories as to what is included what isn't. Nobody has a definate answer. As far as no retrofit that may be for earlier models without the new idrive. The wording isnt too clear. What happens if our bluetooth module goes "bad" do they replace it with the new or old part number.