PDA

View Full Version : Newbie BMW Owner

TexasJames
09-29-2010, 02:15 PM
I just got word that my 2011 550i is expected to arrive at my dealers tomorrow! I've been following everyone here and the wait became much worse than I expected! I've been a GM fan all my life but lackluster models made me decide to try BMW. I can't wait to get into my Dark Graphite with Oyster/Black Nappa leather loaded with everything i wanted!

TJPark01
09-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Nice. Welcome to motoring Nirvana. There's no turning back now.

DXK
09-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Welcome, James to the wonderful (or wundehful as Germans would say) world of German engineering - when it works, of course. And may I add, the excellent choice of colors. Don't forget to post pix.

wjgolding
09-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Congratulations! I just ordered my 535i last week. I'm going crazy refreshing the website looking for status updates. I ordered mine with dark graphite metallic and the oyster/black combo at first, but eventually changed it to space gray.

Photos please!!

Again, congratulations on your new baby. Have a cigar on me.

I'm in Austin- you're in Texas?

-BJ

markl53
09-29-2010, 07:25 PM
OMG, are you in for a treat. I was a GM fan also, through the 80's into the mid-90's. I went German in '98 with a Passat, and after an MB and 3 BMW's, never turning to anything else. It sounds like you went all out with your 550i, you'll be smiling for a long time.