PDA

View Full Version : Roadside assistance question

rumratt
12-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know what a typical response time is for BMW roadside assistance once you call them? Will they come asap, or should I be prepared for "we're busy, we'll be there Monday..."

I'm wondering if it makes a difference if I drive my car down the road and call when I'm "stranded", rather than when the car is in my garage. :eeps: Can I even call the hotline if my car is parked safely in the garage?

(for those not following the other thread posted here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48758,
the reason I'm doing this is because the dealer won't take me until Jan 2 if I drive it in, but they will fix it asap if it's towed in. :tsk: If I knew it was safe I would just drive the car for the next week, but the vibration thing is weird and I can't be sure I'm not damaging the engine).

Mathew
12-25-2003, 09:31 PM
BMW Roadside Assistance contracts with independent companies in your local area, so it depends.

But, I have called them with cars in the garage before. I really wouldn't think they'd leave you hanging for more than a day, maybe a couple of hours. :dunno:

milski
12-26-2003, 01:39 AM
I have called them from the parking lot of the dealership for a flat. They say it would take about half an hour, took them about ah hour and a half to show up. :tsk:

robj213
12-26-2003, 05:46 PM
I have called them from the parking lot of the dealership for a flat. They say it would take about half an hour, took them about ah hour and a half to show up. :tsk:

An hour and a half sounds about right. I have used it once and my car was sitting in my garage. I called the road side assistance number, gave them my info then they have a local company call me to confirm before they leave, so all in all an hour and a half sounds right.

Andy
12-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Today, when I used BMW Roadside Assistance, they told me one hour but it took 1 1/2 hours.