PDA

View Full Version : oyster and black dakota interior

bimluva
10-01-2010, 08:54 AM
With the Oyster interior, would you put dark wood or anthracite wood? Leaning one way but just wanted opinions. Thx.
Also still contemplating anthracite headliner....

brandonw
10-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Wood wise... I don't think you can go wrong either way. The anthracite wood is darker and my blend better with the black dash and floor boards. The lighter would pop more.

Regarding the anthracite headliner, to me this would be a must. The oyster/black is a bit to "luxury" of a feeling. Adding the black headliner (combined with the anthracite trim) would def give you a good feel of both luxury and sport appeal.

Ronsell
10-01-2010, 10:47 AM
With the Oyster interior, would you put dark wood or anthracite wood? Leaning one way but just wanted opinions. Thx.
Also still contemplating anthracite headliner....

I have the Anthracite wood with black interior. I love it--a very sophisticated
look, IMO.

edspider
10-01-2010, 11:10 AM
I ordered the dark wood. I don't think it pops at all, but it looks like wood to me. Last time around, I got the lighter wood. That pops - too much.

bennett64
10-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I have the anthracite wood with the Oyster/Black interior. Looks great. A little more neutral as the oyster feels like a mix between beige and gray. The oyster headliner obviously matches. I'd ordered the anthracite headliner, but changed it after seeing it in person. Felt too dark inside.

markl53
10-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I went with anthracite wood with my Cinnamon interior. The dark wood is VERY dark in the new 5's, not much visible grain. The anthracite is slightly more neutral in color and I like the horizontal grain. Either one is good, but the anthracite will blend a bit better with the monotone colors in Oyster/Black. I also got the anthracite headliner to avoid the 3rd color of gray (had that in my 335i), but with Oyster/Black I'd be torn, I kind of like the oyster headliner.

PoleApart
10-02-2010, 03:58 AM
I have that combo on alpine white. After 3 months I'm still happy with the choice and most people complement the combination. I have the oyster headliner. In a generally cloudy environment with a long winter I felt that the black would have made it too sombre. In SoCal the black might be a better choice. Also if you can - get ambient light - shows off nicely on the light coloured trim

quackbury
10-02-2010, 06:31 AM
I have that combo on alpine white. After 3 months I'm still happy with the choice and most people complement the combination. I have the oyster headliner. In a generally cloudy environment with a long winter I felt that the black would have made it too sombre. In SoCal the black might be a better choice. Also if you can - get ambient light - shows off nicely on the light coloured trim

Nice combo. In fact, 2 nice F'ing cars (pun intended). But what is that showing on your (non-Nav) iDrive screen?

alex_c
10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
But what is that showing on your (non-Nav) iDrive screen?

That is the user's manual quick guide.

acetner
10-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I just ordered oyster with dark wood. It was a tough choice for me between that and the anthracite. Ultimately, I decided the horizontal grain was a little too much--especially on the center console. Really, you can't go wrong. I too felt the anthracite headliner was very dark and decided to stick with the stock, oyster liner.

eaglesrest
10-02-2010, 01:17 PM
The anthracite headliner makes the cabin way too dark for me. It's gloomy enough with UK weather so for me it's oyster headliner every time.

bobamoo
10-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I ordered oyster/black with dark wood for my X5. Saw one at the dealer, simply stunning look.