PDA

View Full Version : M Sport Package: $2,800 for bumpers?

kocsis
10-02-2010, 05:22 AM
Just in case others haven't noticed. The M Sport Package is $6500 and offers the identical features as the Dynamic Handling Package for $2,700 (the latter includes the Sport Package). The only differences are: the aero kits (front and rear M bumpers), Anthracite header, M Steering wheel and the Carbon Black color option. Seems like a ripoff.

alex_c
10-02-2010, 06:05 AM
If you consider that the Anthracite headliner is $500, and the sports steering wheel (part of 2TB) is another $500, I would say that $1,800 for the front and rear bumpers, side skirts and different wheels is not too bad at all. Heck, I would buy it right now for that price!

grizzles
10-02-2010, 06:11 AM
and the M Sport Rims

Eirerogue
10-02-2010, 06:40 AM
The price breakdown has been discussed here several times. We all voted it was not a bad deal for the package and purchased accordingly.

My 535 M Sport is awaiting transport from Bremerhaven and I'm ready!

B-1 Pilot
10-02-2010, 06:41 AM
And for what its worth, ot eliminates the option for black sapphire metallic...

I wanted that color with the M fenders :mad:

1HOT BMR
10-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Just in case others haven't noticed. The M Sport Package is $6500 and offers the identical features as the Dynamic Handling Package for $2,700 (the latter includes the Sport Package). The only differences are: the aero kits (front and rear M bumpers), Anthracite header, M Steering wheel and the Carbon Black color option. Seems like a ripoff.

It's not a ripoff, it's only $1,100 more for the body work and the wheels which I think is a pretty good deal. The only thing I don't like is that one must take the Anthracite headliner with it.

melor
10-02-2010, 08:26 AM

Good thing for you it's not mandatory!

I think it is a fairly priced option. I can't wait to see a 550 with that option on the street.

Paul

kocsis
10-02-2010, 10:15 AM
As a current (soon to be former) owner of a 2001 M5, I had to order the M Sport package regardless....now I feel better. My rationale for the switch is the AWD, comparable engine hp and torque and sport paddles, plus the sport settings of the M package. Unfortunately, nothing will truly replace the combination of brawn and finesse of the E39 M5.

pcbrew
10-02-2010, 10:26 AM
ZMP (M-Sport package) for $6500 includes:
- $2200 ZSP - Sport Package features
- $2700 ZDH - Dynamic Handling package features
- $500 775 Anthracite Headliner

Assuming you wanted those features anyway, it's "only" $1100 for the rest:
- body features (bumpers, side skirts, etc.)
- the M-Sport steering wheel instead of standard sport steering wheel from ZSP (presumably thicker rim)
- option to select hexagonal aluminim trim not available otherwise
- 351M wheels, not available otherwise

I just wish Alcantra was availble with M-Sport in the US.

kocsis
10-02-2010, 11:16 AM
The Dynamic handling Package includes the Sports Package per BMW's website.

1HOT BMR
10-02-2010, 11:36 AM
The Dynamic handling Package includes the Sports Package per BMW's website.

No, unfortunately it doesn't. It is a must order item if you order the DHP and it is charged accordingly - that's why it's only $1,100 difference.

markl53
10-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Just in case others haven't noticed. The M Sport Package is $6500 and offers the identical features as the Dynamic Handling Package for $2,700 (the latter includes the Sport Package).

DHP, $2700, forces, not includes, the Sport Package for an additional $2200. A total of $4900 for Sport/DHP.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the previous post with the same info -- doesn't hurt to RESTATE! :)

Eirerogue
10-02-2010, 01:22 PM
BTW..had my heart set on Black Sapphire, but settled for JB w the M Pkg

isbell
10-02-2010, 03:05 PM
BTW..had my heart set on Black Sapphire, but settled for JB w the M Pkg

Same here (well, sort of, I haven't actually ordered yet; I haven't had the hour to go do it yet in the last week). I'm still trying to figure out why Carbon Black is actually blue.

kocsis
10-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Did you ever see carbon paper (yeah, it's the way you made duplicate copies before photocopies and computers)? It's a blackish blue, depending on the light.

melor
10-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Did you ever see carbon paper (yeah, it's the way you made duplicate copies before photocopies and computers)? It's a blackish blue, depending on the light.

That is excellent. I pondered the name but didn't think of carbon paper. I was thinking how steel colors and goes dark when heated or subjected to flame. I think I like the carbon paper notion better.

Paul

Eirerogue
10-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Actually, if you ever see a piece of coal, it has a blue hue. I didn't like it with my preferred Cinnamon interior and the M Sport was a must for me.

isbell
10-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Actually, if you ever see a piece of coal, it has a blue hue. I didn't like it with my preferred Cinnamon interior and the M Sport was a must for me.

I've contemplated Cinnamon, but I'm a bit worried that the it is too red regardless of whether the exterior is Jet Black (where I'm headed) or Carbon Black. The dealer hasn't had any in stock for me to look at and the pictures I've found online have such variation in them I can't tell what it actually looks like. I find myself going back to Black interior (my current car is Jet Black and Black, my previous was Magenta(!) and Black because I bought it pre-owned).

Any insights?

kocsis
10-03-2010, 05:06 AM
I saw a cinnamon/ carbon black X6- M and it looked great. But I ended up with napa black/carbon because it was more understated and my wife thought I would tire of the cinnamon (she is probably right). The carbon looks mostly black with a tinge of blue depending on the light. I think it's great thata everyone has a different analogy for the carbon black/blue color.

Eirerogue
10-03-2010, 01:47 PM
There are some photos here on cinnamon/black 535's. I think the combination is striking.
Especially with Antracite headliner and wood.

nosnoop
10-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I've contemplated Cinnamon, but I'm a bit worried that the it is too red regardless of whether the exterior is Jet Black (where I'm headed) or Carbon Black....
Any insights?

You really have to see it in person. It is very difficult to visualize from configurator or photos. Cinnamon is one of those love-it-or-hate-it thing. I really like the two tone contrast (flooring and lower half of doors are black) myself. GT uses the same leather if your dealer has one in stock.