PDA

View Full Version : When do you get your track info from the dealership?

CarBrain
10-04-2010, 05:53 PM
How long before you get the track info to follow the status build of your F10? I ordered my 550i last Thursday (4 days ago). I have not received anything from my sale rep. Is it still too early to have the track info and do I have to wait for 1 or 2 weeks before I ask my sale rep for the track info?

1HOT BMR
10-04-2010, 06:00 PM
I ordered my car at 2:00 p.m. one afternoon and by 5:00 p.m. that same day he had emailed me the Order Modification Confirmation form with my production number and the week of production my car is sheduled to be built. He modified a car that was already in the pipeline to match my specifications. He told me it will take from 6 to 8 weeks to get it anyway. The confirmation number allows you to track your car at www.bmwusa.com or by phone by calling 1-800-831-1117

CarBrain
10-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes, I finally called my sale rep and he gave me the 7-digit order number. I can now track it.

However, it also did not show all of my packages and options correctly. It is missing some packages and options. Is this normal also? Mine is not even in the "Schedule for Production" stage yet.

My sale rep did warn me about the incorrect color in the 1st week though so I did not freak out about that.

markl53
10-04-2010, 08:17 PM
It won't move so fast the first couple of weeks. My sales person was proactive and said she would send me weekly updates. Every Monday she scanned the latest status from the BMWNA ordering website and emailed it to me. Ask you person to do that for you, it will reduce the number of calls and keep you updated. The real fun starts once you know it has departed the factory and starts its journey to the port and on the ship. Then you HAVE TO (haha) track daily to see where that ship is and hope no storms pop up on its way across the Atlantic!

SkiScubaSailDud
10-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Call your CA, get a copy of the "build sheet". This will contain your VIN when assigned, the production number, and your specific order specifications. Once you have that, you can add you car to your www.bmwusa.com user profile and track its status. Also, be sure to check out this link for detailed tracking information. http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery/

Also, I have spoken to customer service reps at BMWNA, and according to what they tell me at least, if the website doesn't show all the correct options and what not, believe the build sheet.