PDA

View Full Version : ///m 735

swchang
12-27-2003, 08:31 PM
I saw a 735 with an ///M badge on it. Am I correct in assuming that someone just added that him/herself?

Also, mbusa.com has a cool section where you can look at engine, chassis, features, pricing, etc. details about most cars in the MB lineup back till 1988. Does BMW have that? I checked bmwusa.com but didn't find anything...

Mathew
12-27-2003, 08:45 PM
I saw a 735 with an ///M badge on it. Am I correct in assuming that someone just added that him/herself?

Yes.

BlackChrome
12-27-2003, 08:48 PM
As far as I know, no M 7-series was ever offered. Looks like a home-made M7 to me! :D

Mathew
12-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Where is the section you're referring to on the MBusa website?

Kaz
12-27-2003, 11:42 PM
I've seen a E23 with a S38 M motor in it once, but there in fact is no such thing as a M7 or M735i.

swchang
12-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Where is the section you're referring to on the MBusa website?

Yeah, it's kind of sneakily hidden away. Go to any model (e.g. E320 sedan) and put the cursor over "Features" at the top. Click on 16 Year Model Overview.

It isn't completely comprehensive, even for the years they claim to cover. The 190E 2.5 Evolutions aren't listed, the 1990 300SE isn't listed, and I'm sure there are others that are missing as well. Maybe they're still in the process of adding to it?

andy_thomas
12-28-2003, 01:35 AM

Also, mbusa.com has a cool section where you can look at engine, chassis, features, pricing, etc. details about most cars in the MB lineup back till 1988. Does BMW have that? I checked bmwusa.com but didn't find anything...

It's extremely unlikely that bmwusa.com would have anything like that. BMW NA is already in denial about selling BMWs with four-cylinder engines, and to mimick Mercedes it would have to relive the pain of selling a cut-price four-pot hatchback into a sedan/truck-based market that - at the time, at least - still regarded BMW as an exclusive, fully premium brand. (And not one whose cars regularly appear in the top ten bestsellers' list in every European market - with number two slot in its domestic market.)

Two BMW websites which might have some information on past BMWs - although the focus will not necssarily be on cars sold in the NA markets - would be bmw.com or bmwgroup.com.

Mathew
12-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Yeah, it's kind of sneakily hidden away. Go to any model (e.g. E320 sedan) and put the cursor over "Features" at the top. Click on 16 Year Model Overview.

It isn't completely comprehensive, even for the years they claim to cover. The 190E 2.5 Evolutions aren't listed, the 1990 300SE isn't listed, and I'm sure there are others that are missing as well. Maybe they're still in the process of adding to it?
Thanks