PDA

View Full Version : Buying 2011 550xi

Harvey T. Gluck
10-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I am a new member------my son is a member though.....I have had BMW'S under 2 Year leases since 1988..presently have a 335 XI 2008 with a lease that is up tommorow with just 10,000 miles on it...they will of course extend it with an order #.....have been contemplating the 5550 XI with a list price of $82,000...they are offfering a $4400 Discount.......any better deals out there.....Leasing #'s for either 2 0r 3 Year lease are nuts so I am going to Buy.....that price includes all options except the night time Detction and the Special Cruise Control....
Any better ideas..
.I presently have a 2010 Corvettre ZR1 ....I am a corvette lover dating back to 1965----and I have had over 50 new ones......
Guess you can tell from my age I am probably the oldest member @ 71.......Live on Long Island NY....Harvey T. Gluck HTG39@AOL.COM

quackbury
10-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the Fest! 71 is the new 50, so make yourself at home.

Lots of car buying tips on here. Most of us negotiate UP from invoice, rather than DOWN from MSRP. Invoice pricing can be found on Edmunds.com, though it is not always 100% accurate. Add in +/- $500 to the Edmunds invoice price to account for MACO and training fees, which are a legitimate cost to your dealer.

If you don't know the invoice, shooting for 7% off MSRP will give you a good (but maybe not spectacular) deal. If my math is right, you are about $1,000 to high on the original offer.

But the 550ix is BRAND NEW and it is always more difficult to haggle on a car that is in short supply. If you like the one at your dealership (colors and options), split the difference and shoot for $4,900 off.

OTOH if you can wait a while, why not order the 550ix built "your way" and take European Delivery? Much more significant savings going that route.

One final comment: you don't "automatically" get any benefit from being that far under your mileage on the 335. However, if you ask for it, BMWFS will give you an adjustment for hte low mileage. AFAIK it can ONLY be applied to excess wear and tear charges, so if your car is pristine it may not be worth anything to you. But worth looking into anyway.

Harvey T. Gluck
10-05-2010, 01:28 PM
The order is not for a stocMW k --it has to be ordered--and unfortunately I can't go to Munich, because my Wife is very sick and even with 24/7 Care I can't go very far.....Most of my life is consummed with my Wife who has ALS which is a DEVISTATING DISEASE.....Take care...Harvey

Harvey T. Gluck
10-05-2010, 01:30 PM
That is not a STOCK BMW" Harvey

kocsis
10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Try http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
You will get a much better deal. If the place quoting the Amex price is inconvenient, have your local dealer match it.

kocsis
10-05-2010, 02:04 PM
See also attached
http://bankfiesta.com/All/My-American-Express-Car****ing-Service-Experience-Amex-vs-Carsdirect-com-and-Costco

RNarang
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Edit: Just read your post about not going to Munich. Was suggesting European Delivery

gregpoland
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Harvey,
The guys on forum are right ....don't negotiate down from MSRP go up from Invoice. I would say a good price would be $1k over invoice.... nice and simple.
Good luck!!