PDA

View Full Version : Tomar may be late???

Slaymaster
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I noticed the Tomar had taken a course north into the Irish Sea. Checked the weather in the Atlantic and looks like 25ft waves across the Northern Atlantic. She maybe seeking shelter until the weather passes. We may have to wait a little longer.:cry:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=235068085&zoom=10&olddate=10/5/2010 8:56:42 PM

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

swim4519
10-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I noticed the Tomar had taken a course north into the Irish Sea. Checked the weather in the Atlantic and looks like 25ft waves across the Northern Atlantic. She maybe seeking shelter until the weather passes. We may have to wait a little longer.:cry:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=235068085&zoom=10&olddate=10/5/2010 8:56:42 PM

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Better that than losing the entire ship with all of our cars on it. Take your time TOMAR, TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

Wonder if maybe she is also going north, kind of like planes do to keep closer to land??

Slaymaster
10-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Better that than losing the entire ship with all of our cars on it. Take your time TOMAR, TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

Wonder if maybe she is also going north, kind of like planes do to keep closer to land??

Check the course on the link, she's taking a heading north between the islands.

swim4519
10-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Check the course on the link, she's taking a heading north between the islands.

Been tracking it the last couple days via AIS live and noticed that she was going North. I wasn't sure if that was par for the course; however, it definitely looked odd.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

brandonw
10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Hey guys... question... My car is on Aegean Highway. I had tracking updated relatively close to real-time for the first 3 days or so, then, no more updates as of a day and a half ago. Its a K-Line ship. Does anyone have any insight as to what this means? Its due into Brunswick on the 13th.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=432666000

Is AIS another tracking site??

UPDATED: OK, I found the AIS site. Does anyone have access that they'd be willing to check the Aegean Highway?

Slaymaster
10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey guys... question... My car is on Aegean Highway. I had tracking updated relatively close to real-time for the first 3 days or so, then, no more updates as of a day and a half ago. Its a K-Line ship. Does anyone have any insight as to what this means? Its due into Brunswick on the 13th.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=432666000

Is AIS another tracking site??

UPDATED: OK, I found the AIS site. Does anyone have access that they'd be willing to check the Aegean Highway?

Here it is

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=432666000&zoom=10&olddate=10/4/2010 7:16:20 AM

brandonw
10-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Here it is

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=432666000&zoom=10&olddate=10/4/2010 7:16:20 AM

Thanks. I get that as well, but its from yesterday morning. So some reason the status shows out of range. :dunno:

markl53
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
My ship was arriving on the East Coast back on 9/7. Just then those two hurricanes that slipped by us were heading out to the east. I was freaking that they'd slam the ship, but they headed more north and my ship slipped by no problem. You guys will be fine...

laser
10-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Brandon, I was on the Arcadian Highway scheduled to arrive Brunswick 9/1. Could track it out of Bremmerhaven in and out South Hampton on the website but went "out of range" across the Atlantic with a couple of hurricanes thrown in for extra excitement!

The ship arrived a day early into Brunswick 8/31 ...... and now for the rest of the story .......... PCD Greenville pick up scheduled this Thursday 10/7 .......... nothing quick about the logistics!

FPNY
10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I can't believe you guys are watching that ship on its journey. I looked at the web site this morning and thought to myself that there must be something wrong with me. What am I obsessed? Seemed to me that it is going to make a hard left and go straight to Halifax.

brandonw
10-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Brandon, I was on the Arcadian Highway scheduled to arrive Brunswick 9/1. Could track it out of Bremmerhaven in and out South Hampton on the website but went "out of range" across the Atlantic with a couple of hurricanes thrown in for extra excitement!

The ship arrived a day early into Brunswick 8/31 ...... and now for the rest of the story .......... PCD Greenville pick up scheduled this Thursday 10/7 .......... nothing quick about the logistics!

Thanks Laser! Good to know you experienced the same. I guess some ships don't report provide that. I wish they all did. Seem like a long wait you had for the PCD. I opted against it this time, due to the extra long wait for a slot. Congrats on your new ride!

LandsharkBMW
10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
The Tomar is all done in Halifax and headed our way!

FPNY
10-12-2010, 06:55 PM
The Tomar is all done in Halifax and headed our way!

maybe whatever the story is with the cars being held up at the ports will be cleared up by the time it reaches NY. How long do you guys estimate from port to a dealer just north of NYC? I'm wondering if I could get my car late next week. Wishful thinking?

stevem12t2
10-14-2010, 05:09 AM
So it appears the Tomar is underway and within the hour will be settled at the port... :eeps:

mpccpa
10-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Hooray!
Now let's hope they can get the cars off the boat quickly and through the VPC.
I, too, am hoping that I can have my new baby by next weekend! :p

stevem12t2
10-14-2010, 05:46 AM
It is now anchored, welcome to the USA!

Emilner
10-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Anyone else thinking about maybe wanting things to be delayed until November to see if the financing rates get better?

LandsharkBMW
10-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Anyone else thinking about maybe wanting things to be delayed until November to see if the financing rates get better?

Ha! Noooooooooooo. I want my car late next week too.

mpccpa
10-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Steve:
Are you waiting on a 535xi as well? I see you are from Boston. Do you mind sharing which dealership you purchased from? I got mine from Peabody. I'm not certain that my car is on the Tomar, but I think it is. The dealer hasn't been forthcoming with responses to alot of my requests including which boat my car was on. :(

goodmanal
10-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Steve:
Are you waiting on a 535xi as well? I see you are from Boston. Do you mind sharing which dealership you purchased from? I got mine from Peabody. I'm not certain that my car is on the Tomar, but I think it is. The dealer hasn't been forthcoming with responses to alot of my requests including which boat my car was on. :(
If you go to https://att.2wglobal.com/ and put your VIN # in the section labeled "cargo id"
it should indicate what ship your car is on.

mpccpa
10-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks. I tried that and it comes back no record found. Since 9/30, the website and the 1-800 number have indicated that my car is en route so I'm fairly certain its on the Tomar.

stevem12t2
10-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Steve:
Yes i have a 535i xdrive on order with msport and just about all options in space gray with oyster/black nevada. I am worried about the posts speaking about cabin noise issue and or sport package wheels. I am not as worried as the msport on the 550i xdrive appear to be the exact same wheels. I am wondering if those having that issue have to do with the basic sport package which come with a different set of wheels and tires. My dealer also has not been forthcoming. WHen asking which vessel, they said Wallenius Wilhelmsen... That did not specify the ship (TOMAR) except to say that the dealer said it will arive at the port on (today) 10/14 so i narrowed it down to Tomar. THe website listed was where i had been looking but when i enter vin in cargo id it says no records found like the mpccpa mentioned... please keep me posted if you or anyone finds our if there is a hold at the vpc i will obv update as well if i hear anything on mine.

FPNY
10-14-2010, 01:13 PM
mine was on the Tomar as well and I couldnt get any info by entering my vin number either....strange eh?

LandsharkBMW
10-14-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm fascinated by marine traffic now. It's left the port and headed west being pushed by two tugboats.

FPNY
10-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm fascinated by marine traffic now. It's left the port and headed west being pushed by two tugboats.

you can watch it on a web cam? what site?

Slaymaster
10-15-2010, 03:43 PM

Me too! More fun then watching the weather channel!:rofl: I'm guessing I may be introduced to her next weekend. Funny thing is I live very close to the coast just south of New York harbor. I was tempted to cancel all meetings and head to the beach with binaculars!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LandsharkBMW
10-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Me too! More fun then watching the weather channel!:rofl: I'm guessing I may be introduced to her next weekend. Funny thing is I live very close to the coast just south of New York harbor. I was tempted to cancel all meetings and head to the beach with binaculars!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha.. that's funny cause my wife and I live near Philly but stumbled onto Sandy Hook while on a Kevin Smith movie pilgramage (Leonardo/RedBank) and have been back a few times this summer to bike ride or sit on the beach (not the nude one). Then I saw the boat route and was like oh my God I could have watched it go by had the timing been right.

Oh and I don't know about anyone else but my the BMW website updated sometime today to show I'm at the VPC. Yessssssssssss

swim4519
10-15-2010, 03:55 PM

Glad I'm not the only one!!! I actually willingly agreed to a last minute meeting in lower Manhattan yesterday so that I had to take the Holland Tunnel, which just happens to bring me past the Bayonne docks. You know I got off 440 and took a swing by while they were unloading. :D

Slaymaster
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Haha.. that's funny cause my wife and I live near Philly but stumbled onto Sandy Hook while on a Kevin Smith movie pilgramage (Leonardo/RedBank) and have been back a few times this summer to bike ride or sit on the beach (not the nude one). Then I saw the boat route and was like oh my God I could have watched it go by had the timing been right.

Oh and I don't know about anyone else but my the BMW website updated sometime today to show I'm at the VPC. Yessssssssssss

Exactly where I was planning on setting up for her arrival! :rofl: I was so tempted, brother!:thumbup:

Slaymaster
10-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Glad I'm not the only one!!! I actually willingly agreed to a last minute meeting in lower Manhattan yesterday so that I had to take the Holland Tunnel, which just happens to bring me past the Bayonne docks. You know I got off 440 and took a swing by while they were unloading. :D

Nice! Yesterday I was in Bridgewater and was thinking about heading to Bayonne after my morning meeting. Figured with the incoming weather, afternoon traffic, and my sanity, I should drive straight home.:rofl: