BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Jan.3 @ Streets of Willow

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  zivagolee 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is the apppropriate category, but here goes...

Does anyone have an interest in this event? I'll be going in my Supra, maybe if I get bored I'll track the X5 :D I think 3-series are perfect for this track.

Cost is $120, Sat Jan 3rd

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/

#2 ·
SupraRZ said:
Not sure if this is the apppropriate category, but here goes...

Does anyone have an interest in this event? I'll be going in my Supra, maybe if I get bored I'll track the X5 :D I think 3-series are perfect for this track.

Cost is $120, Sat Jan 3rd

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/
Do a search here for Speed Trial USA, you'll find out what the term "carnage on wheels" means. Be very careful out there...

#3 ·
Unlike BMWCCA events, I don't think many insurance policies will like Speed Trial events... :(

Read between the lines - you may not be covered!

#4 ·
Emission said:
Unlike BMWCCA events, I don't think many insurance policies will like Speed Trial events... :(

Read between the lines - you may not be covered!
Thanks for the heads-up. I already know that the insurance will not cover things like this, well, they exclude the BMWCCA events as well, with the words "high performance driving road or track"

I know (not know of) a few people who had accidents on tracks, but ultimately it's the drivers on the track who determine the level of safety on the tracks... If you push yourself you'd bound to be in trouble.

I signed up for Streets of willow because 1) it's a slower course and 2) it has no walls (for the most part), so you slide into the gravel.

I have limited track experience from karts to road course to autox's but I signed up in the novice class.. I'll just stay well clear of everyone else :)

Peter

#5 ·
Good luck, we'll all be praying for you.

I have no first hand experience with SpeedTrials USA, but from very reliable sources, it's not YOUR skills you'd have to worry about, it's the skills of other drivers AND their on-track behaviors that makes it "carnage on wheels" as some like to call it.

Who knows, your experience may be different, but as far as I'm concerned, I will never try any of the HPDS or track events unless it's organized by BMWCCA or Driving Concepts in Southern California.

#8 ·
zivagolee said:
I'll be going with other few other guys.. M5, Evo8...
I don't think it will rain but it will be *COLD*!
My first time on any race track has been one of the best experiences I've had. Streets of Willow was an absolute BLAST!!! I drove maybe 70-75%, yet I roasted more than 50% of my tires front and rear. :p

I saw at least 5 ///M vehicles there, so there was a good showing of bimmers that day. Would be even more funny if i ran the X5 on the track :rofl:

It did not rain, so I was able to bring the Supra. Sunny day, COLD, windchill was like 40 degrees.

Zivagolee - Are you the owner of the 30k mile '03 E46 M3?? Im not sure if I met you at the track, but Henry w/ EVO8 is one of my old supra buddies.

Looking forward to the next meet :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.