PDA

View Full Version : I did it again!

bimluva
10-07-2010, 08:27 AM
I walked into a dealer looking to take advantage of the 3 series promos and my $1000 UDE discount. I walked out ordering a 550i x-Drive with mSport, HUD,etc....Carbon Black with Oyster and anthracite wood. I took a leap of faith with the colors...hope I don't regret it. Anyone see carbon black? I'm hoping its more black, slightly blue and less purple.

3 years later I did the same thing. Except, back then I was more reasonable and just walked out with a 528xi.

markl53
10-07-2010, 08:36 AM
You're right on with Carbon Black. It looks pretty much black in some light, then with a very dark blue undertone in brighter light. Not purple at all to me. It's a very cool color, wish I could have gotten it but I didn't get M-Sport on my 535i. Oyster should look very good with it.

FPNY
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM
way to impulse shop!! congrats!

bikerboy
10-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Carbon black is a great color. I have it on my 08 550 sport. I've had it for 3 years and my wife still thinks it's a black car. I ordered a new 550ix jet black. Needed a slight change. Guy in my office said "you ordered another black car?" I told him that my current car is blue. He couldn't believe it. In the sun it shows a very dark blue metallic. It really is quite striking. At night it's black. You'll love it. Don't worry. There is NO PURPLE in it.

NH JG
10-07-2010, 10:38 PM
I walked into a dealer looking to take advantage of the 3 series promos and my $1000 UDE discount. I walked out ordering a 550i x-Drive with mSport, HUD,etc....Carbon Black with Oyster and anthracite wood. I took a leap of faith with the colors...hope I don't regret it. Anyone see carbon black? I'm hoping its more black, slightly blue and less purple.

3 years later I did the same thing. Except, back then I was more reasonable and just walked out with a 528xi.

sounds like my boat show experience a few yrs ago...took the family to boat show In Boston during the month of October to have some fun, check out styles, layouts, quality, etc, and just get ideas for a future year purchase. Did all that but walked out the door after cutting a great purchase deal (33% off list) & traded in the boat I owned (got double what I originally paid for it)to take delivery of new 27 foot Cobalt that hap'd to be a leftover with the exact color scheme and engine choice that I would have ordered anyway. To date, it was the best deal I've ever made and we all love the boat. Sometimes, it just all comes together.

pharding
10-08-2010, 03:44 AM
My last E60 was Carbon Black. Generally it looks black. When you get closer, in direct sunlight it looks black with hints of blue. It is ultra spectacular and I never got tired of it. That is my favorite BMW color. It is ultra cool. Oyster black will look fine with Carbon Black in the opinion of this architect. DEFINITELY GET THE ANTHRACITE HEADLINER. IT IS SPECTACULAR WITH YOUR COLOR COMBINATION. Also definitely get Active cruise control with Stop and Go. It works amazingly well, especially with HUD. The F10 is a great car. Very enjoyable to drive and own. Also if your budget will allow it, the perforated leather in the ventilated seat option looks spectacular.

bimluva
10-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm currently getiing out of a Monaco Blue/ Beige 528xi...how close is it too Monaco???