PDA

View Full Version : License Plates and ED

jeff650
10-07-2010, 09:32 PM
For European Delivery, does BMW screw the front plate on? I'd hate to ruin my front bumper with screw holes when I have no intention of a front plate back in the US.

bmw_n00b13
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
There's a different part for each of the different types of plates as well as a blank. They're interchangeable

solstice
10-07-2010, 10:32 PM
There's a different part for each of the different types of plates as well as a blank. They're interchangeable

Dunno how they fitted the ED plate but mine came to the US with no visible signs of a plate ever being on.

weezl
10-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Does one have to remove the front or back ED plate before returning a lease?

solstice
10-07-2010, 11:18 PM
I did not have to remove the plates myself this time, HARMS just asked if I wanted the ED-plates in the trunk at re-delivery. I don't lease but I would guess it's the same as for purchase in this case.

enigma
10-07-2010, 11:22 PM
For European Delivery, does BMW screw the front plate on? I'd hate to ruin my front bumper with screw holes when I have no intention of a front plate back in the US.

No, it's attached using pieces of doubled sided tape. No holes.

The holes are drilled (if requested by the buyer or required by the applicable state law) by the state-side BMW Center before re-delivery.

BlackBerryCubed
10-07-2010, 11:39 PM
can you request no front holes be drilled on States side (for california re-delivery) ? Even tho required by law here I never put front plates on. Anyone here had succes in not having front bumper holes drilled?

enigma
10-08-2010, 02:22 PM
can you request no front holes be drilled on States side (for california re-delivery) ? Even tho required by law here I never put front plates on. Anyone here had succes in not having front bumper holes drilled?

You can, but you'd have to sign a waiver form.

BlackBerryCubed
10-08-2010, 02:27 PM
where do you make the request? (local dealership? bmwna? Welt? Drop off point?) and at what point in the order process?

raleedy
10-08-2010, 03:57 PM
where do you make the request? (local dealership? bmwna? Welt? Drop off point?) and at what point in the order process?

Best to make this request before the holes are drilled.

S93D
10-08-2010, 06:17 PM
BMW should get their act together and design a front so that the license plate looks nice. It is not that hard. However, many European models are designed so the front looks good only with a 22" European shaped plate. That is bad.

joshbw
10-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Best to make this request before the holes are drilled.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Tell your sales person when the car is about to arrive that you don't want front plates. It is the dealers that put them on. I told mine that if they drill the bumper for front plates I wasn't taking delivery. In the end its no big deal, this is the 3rd car I have ordered that I wont have front plates on. I think its a fairly common request...

weezl
10-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Does one have to remove the front or back ED plate before returning a lease?

Bump