PDA

View Full Version : Finished production tomorrow

gregb10
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
My 535I will finish production tomorrow. I know this topic has been answered a million times but does anyone know if I can find out the next ship going to nyc area and predict if my car will make it?

Thanks

markl53
10-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Go to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site at http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp. Then select Ocean Transporation. On the right side, find and click "Schedules". Then "Search by Ports". Origin Country = Germany, Desintation = USA. Click "Search". Origin Port = Bremerhaven, Destination = New York, or also maybe Baltimore. Put from and to dates in the form dd/mm/yyyy and hit "Search".

It will take your car several days to get to the Bremerhaven port. Also, my car actually completed production a couple of days after the advertised date. Right now it shows ships to NY leaving on 10/13, 10/20, 10/27 and 10/28. If your car finishes tomorrow, I would think there is a possibility it could be on the 10/13 ship. If not, the 10/20 for sure. In the ship listings, then you can click the Voyage number to get the port details for that ship. Good luck!

FPNY
10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
hehehee now the waiting begins. There are others on this site waiting for cars to cross the "pond".

kocsis
10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm in the same boat (literally). My 550ix is supposed to be completed tomorrow.

gregb10
10-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Go to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site at http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp. Then select Ocean Transporation. On the right side, find and click "Schedules". Then "Search by Ports". Origin Country = Germany, Desintation = USA. Click "Search". Origin Port = Bremerhaven, Destination = New York, or also maybe Baltimore. Put from and to dates in the form dd/mm/yyyy and hit "Search".

It will take your car several days to get to the Bremerhaven port. Also, my car actually completed production a couple of days after the advertised date. Right now it shows ships to NY leaving on 10/13, 10/20, 10/27 and 10/28. If your car finishes tomorrow, I would think there is a possibility it could be on the 10/13 ship. If not, the 10/20 for sure. In the ship listings, then you can click the Voyage number to get the port details for that ship. Good luck!

Great info, thank you

Slaymaster
10-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Great info, thank you

Check this link out for the whole story from conception to deliver of your new babies.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery/

voken
10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Right now it shows ships to NY leaving on 10/13, 10/20, 10/27 and 10/28. If your car finishes tomorrow, I would think there is a possibility it could be on the 10/13 ship .......

Just checked the 2wglobal.com -> track & trace and gave my VIN and it shows that my car made it on the 10/13 ship y'day :thumbup: It says it will reach NY on 10/26. Any idea from then how many days before I get to drive home ?

MooseF10
10-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Just checked the 2wglobal.com -> track & trace and gave my VIN and it shows that my car made it on the 10/13 ship y'day :thumbup: It says it will reach NY on 10/26. Any idea from then how many days before I get to drive home ?

Which one of the fields does the VIN go in on the Track and Trace page? They used to have a VIN field based on some older screen shots. They don't seem to have a dedicated VIN spot.

nosnoop
10-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Which one of the fields does the VIN go in on the Track and Trace page?

Cargo ID.

joshbw
10-14-2010, 02:07 PM
the 3rd one over Cargo ID

MooseF10
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks! I'll try Cargo ID. So far it has been sitting in Geramany at the port and missing ships.

kocsis
10-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Next ship is departing on 18th and arrives in NY on 28tj (yes it's shorter trip). Hope mine (also waiting at harbor) and yours will be on it

markl53
10-14-2010, 07:50 PM

Mine had arrived in Baltimore on 9/7 and it arrived at my MD dealer 9/13. I picked it up 9/16. Figure a week from VPC to your dealer barring any issues.

voken
10-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Mine had arrived in Baltimore on 9/7 and it arrived at my MD dealer 9/13. I picked it up 9/16. Figure a week from VPC to your dealer barring any issues.

Thanks markl53

MooseF10 - If you look at the vessel schedules on the site, for your TX location Galveston, the next sail date is 10/28 arriving at Galveston on 11/19. I think yours should have been on the prior ship..did you check using your VIN id on the cargo tracking section. I am attaching the current schedules to your location.

MooseF10
10-15-2010, 07:37 AM
MooseF10 - If you look at the vessel schedules on the site, for your TX location Galveston, the next sail date is 10/28 arriving at Galveston on 11/19. I think yours should have been on the prior ship..did you check using your VIN id on the cargo tracking section. I am attaching the current schedules to your location.

I did check my VIN in the cargo tracking section and it did not find a record:bawling:

Thanks for the heads up on the next ship. On the BMWUSA site, mine showed up as awating transport this past Monday. I know they are slow to update that site so I was hoping that mine made the Oct 13th ship. I must not have been close enough to the front of the line. I guess mine will get to hang out in good company for 3 weeks on the docks. Who knows, maybe it will meet a nice 335is and I'll end up with some tools in the trunk kit.

voken
10-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Try getting the VIN number again from your dealer - if he sent by email there is a possibility of a typo !

MooseF10
10-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Try getting the VIN number again from your dealer - if he sent by email there is a possibility of a typo !

I used the VIN from the printout that the dealer gave me. It should be good. I just called my CA to inquire as to the status that he is showing. He does not have a vessel name but did confirm that my car departed yesterday and will arrive at the prep center on 10-25. Those dates don't match with any of the W&W schedules so it is probably on a different carrier. The W&W ship Elektra departed Germany on the 13 and was supposed to arrive in Galveston TX on 10-31 so it appears I am on a more direct ship. :dunno:

Any ideas on how to view schedules of alternate carriers and verify mine made the boat? My CA did not seem to know how to look up what ship mine is on. I thought that information was something he would see when he does a status check. Thanks

MooseF10
10-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Found my ship. My car is on the "Michigan Highway". Funny name for a Japanese flagged car carrier. It will beat the W&W ship to Texas by 6 days and left a day later. :thumbup:

rferebee
10-25-2010, 06:43 AM
How did you find the ship? Mine is "in transit" but doesn't show up on 2wglobal.com.

MooseF10
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
How did you find the ship? Mine is "in transit" but doesn't show up on 2wglobal.com.

2wglobal is the site for W&W. If yours is not on one of their ships (mine was not), it will not come up on that site. I am on a K Line transport. Ask your sales person what ship you are on. He will be able to give you the name and expected arrival at the port. You can then do a google search of your ship. Many of the tracking sites don't report the ship's location while it is crossing the Atlantic. You can watch it move through the European ports and then it will vanish form most tracking sites until it hits its first port in the US.

AdamGinOC
10-25-2010, 02:44 PM
2wglobal is the site for W&W. If yours is not on one of their ships (mine was not), it will not come up on that site. I am on a K Line transport. Ask your sales person what ship you are on. He will be able to give you the name and expected arrival at the port. You can then do a google search of your ship. Many of the tracking sites don't report the ship's location while it is crossing the Atlantic. You can watch it move through the European ports and then it will vanish form most tracking sites until it hits its first port in the US.

My car is being transported on a K-Line ship (the Canopus Leader). As a far as I can tell, K-Line doesn't offer specific cargo tracking.

goodmanal
10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
The Canopus Leader is in mid-Atlantic heading for USA. It can be tracked when it about 50 miles from land at www.marinetraffic.com/ais. Registration for marinetraffic, if required, is free.

walkerni
10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Moose F10, my car is also on the Michigan Highway. What port will it be coming in? Where can I find info on its whereabouts? Thanks.

rferebee
10-30-2010, 09:19 AM
My dealer said that my 335d is due to arrive in Brunswick on Nov. 1, although he didn't say what ship it's on. It doesn't show up on WW. That's pretty quick considering it went "in transit" on Oct. 23.

Stanesq
10-30-2010, 07:03 PM
They may tell you the ship if you call for status:

Tracking the car status via phone, BMW North America:
(This information can, as well, be more than 48 hours behind the actual status)
• Call: (1-800) 831-1117
• Say “Vehicle Production Status” when prompted… or at any time after the recording starts
• then,you will be asked for your production number, or last seven digits of your vin number…
• then say – the last seven digits of your VIN. In my case: E06XXXX, (Read as, for example: E, Zero,6,ex,ex,ex,ex.)
Carefully annunciate the Es, Ts and Bs – the system is voice recognition based, and sometimes gets confused with Es
and Ts and Bs.
• then say “yes” when the voice reads it back – if correct… if not correct say “no,” and repeat… (you can get it wrong 3 times,
and then the system kicks you to a live human, if you’re calling during business hours… if not, BMW will give you their
operating hours for the office. Hang up, and try again if they’re closed.)
• then say “partial VIN number,” if not a production number… when asked…
• then, the system will give you the status of you vehicle production within the last 24 hours.

MooseF10
11-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Moose F10, my car is also on the Michigan Highway. What port will it be coming in? Where can I find info on its whereabouts? Thanks.

I was unable to track the Michign Highway much past Europe. I gave up and called the dealer last week to get an update. The ship landed at the Texas port on Oct 26. I think it was Freeport or Galveston. Dealer confirmed my car left the prep center on a truck last Friday (Oct 29). It should arrive at the dealer today or tomorrow.

Rafa
11-01-2010, 07:10 AM
I was unable to track the Michign Highway much past Europe. I gave up and called the dealer last week to get an update. The ship landed at the Texas port on Oct 26. I think it was Freeport or Galveston. Dealer confirmed my car left the prep center on a truck last Friday (Oct 29). It should arrive at the dealer today or tomorrow.

Congratulations, your wait will be over very soon! Enjoy your new ride.

walkerni
11-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks. I received an email from BMW stating that my Vehicle was on the Michigan Highway and arrived in Brunswick on Oct 25th. They also asked me to contact my local dealer to make arrangements for pickup, and have proof of insurance. Have you received any emails?
I decided to called the 1-800 number and it's stating that my vehicle is at the Port awaiting shipment. Looks like the system is almost two weeks behind.
K Line has a port in Galveston. I am assuming that my vehicle will also be at the dealer this week. Not quite sure how it will be transported to the local dealer. Thanks.

usssarco
03-30-2011, 09:39 AM
I’m so excited … and I just can fight it … I’m about to lose control and I think I like it …yeah-yeah…..:banana:

I just found out that my car has finish production and is awaiting transportation. My boyfriend can’t understand my anticipation or my excitement with every little change in status, so I figured I’d tell the forum. I know everyone here understand. I am anxiously awaiting a 528i in cashmere silver, with black leather & light wood trim.