PDA

View Full Version : Aegean Highway - delayed

brandonw
10-08-2010, 03:20 PM
FYI any other guys with a car on K-Lines Aegean Highway... (Voyage 17A)

Got word today that it will not be in Brunswick now until next Saturday vs next Tuesday. This is due to weather in the Atlantic. Being its going to be 4 days behind, I assume it will be 4 days late into Baltimore, its next stop. :bawling:

FPNY
10-08-2010, 03:28 PM
that sucks, i know how anxious you must be, I am waiting for my car which is supposedly on the Tomar, which I can't find on any of the tracking sites. I'm patient tho...although I can't wait to see that baby sitting in my driveway!!

brandonw
10-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I hear you on that.... My ship I was able to track for about 3 days after departure from Brememhaven, then nada...

I actually ended up getting a really nice lady at K-Line to assist me. I think she actually felt sad for me, after she told me that she had an email that it had been delayed.

JValross
10-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Hello

I have an F10 on Aegean Highway and had expected ETA Brunswick on Friday the 15th.
I gather there is a hurricane (Otto) in the vicinity of a normal course for the ship.
I noticed that TOMAR and COURAGE headed up the Irish Sea after leaving England, probably to avoid the storm. From what I could see of its course, Aegean Highway did not.

In heavy seas the ship would probably slow down and arc northward - if all of that takes an extra day, it probably will not make much of a difference. It's better to be a day late than have a car that looks as though it got the five-star crash award!

/JV

Slaymaster
10-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Hello

I have an F10 on Aegean Highway and had expected ETA Brunswick on Friday the 15th.
I gather there is a hurricane (Otto) in the vicinity of a normal course for the ship.
I noticed that TOMAR and COURAGE headed up the Irish Sea after leaving England, probably to avoid the storm. From what I could see of its course, Aegean Highway did not.

In heavy seas the ship would probably slow down and arc northward - if all of that takes an extra day, it probably will not make much of a difference. It's better to be a day late than have a car that looks as though it got the five-star crash award!/JV

+1 Who wants a new car with the air bags deployed!:thumbup:

GTakacs
10-13-2010, 06:51 PM
My E90 is on the Aegean Highway too. I guess I won't have it until the end of the month.....

Slaymaster
10-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Tomar is 20 south of Montauk Point heading east to New York. She should be tied up by noon tomorrow. Sooo Close!!!

MidasTouch
10-16-2010, 08:49 PM
The delay seems to be over! Per the enclosed link, it looks like the the Aegean Highway is just about at Brunswick

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=432666000&zoom=10&olddate=10/16/2010%209:33:48%20AM

Emilner
10-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Wow, You guys take this pretty seriously. :D

Slaymaster
10-17-2010, 04:59 AM
Wow, You guys take this pretty seriously. :D

It's more fun then watching the Weather Channel or Jerry Springer!!!:rofl: