PDA

View Full Version : How to Suffle all songs on Ipod?

sccclausen
10-09-2010, 06:46 AM
So I bought my new 2011 528 this week. First BMW. I am in awe of it. Lots to figure out.

Anyone know how to shuffle the songs on your Ipod via I Drive? I'm sure there must be a way to do it I just can't figure it out.

richschneid
10-09-2010, 06:56 AM
So I bought my new 2011 528 this week. First BMW. I am in awe of it. Lots to figure out.

Anyone know how to shuffle the songs on your Ipod via I Drive? I'm sure there must be a way to do it I just can't figure it out.

Select CD/external devices. Select iPod. Press the options button near the idrive. Scroll down to random. Click to light up the check mark. If this is wrong, just go to the index in the owner's manual and look for the page for iPod.

markl53
10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Also, can't you just set your iPod itself for random play? That's what I do.

richschneid
10-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Also, can't you just set your iPod itself for random play? That's what I do.

Doesn't seem work with the iPod adapter. I tried it several times. Do you have the integral iPod adapter?

pharding
10-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Select CD/external devices. Select iPod. Press the options button near the idrive. Scroll down to random. Click to light up the check mark. If this is wrong, just go to the index in the owner's manual and look for the page for iPod.
+1 this the way to do it.

markl53
10-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Doesn't seem work with the iPod adapter. I tried it several times. Do you have the integral iPod adapter?

No, I wanted to add it but I was too late. I've loaded my iPod to my Nav hard drive and I do select random there. However, I did plug it in to the analog jack like I did with my previous 335i and had the iPod set on random playback.

richschneid
10-10-2010, 03:51 AM
No, I wanted to add it but I was too late. I've loaded my iPod to my Nav hard drive and I do select random there. However, I did plug it in to the analog jack like I did with my previous 335i and had the iPod set on random playback.

It works that way if you don't have the iPod adapter. Once you plug it into the car's iPod adapter you have to use the iDrive to get random play from the iPod.

ihumphrey
10-10-2010, 10:18 AM

You can load songs from an ipod to the HD??? I figured with apple's silly DRM:thumbdwn: and itunes this would not be possible. Can you only do this with music from CDs or also that which you purchased on itunes??