PDA

View Full Version : Anyone opt for Aluminum Hexagon trim on msport F10?

stevem12t2
10-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I am curious to see some good photos of the trim if anyone has one out there yet... :)

DXK
10-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I was considering it, but the dash already has an aluminum strip, so it'd look a bit too much. But yeah, see if you can find one, I couldn't, but I did see the photo somewhere. Could be on here: http://f10.5post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193

bikerboy
10-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Funny you should ask. My 550ix Sport came in today. Went to dealer to see it. I had ordered black interior with dark walnut. Car they received is my order BUT with aluminum trim. I do not like it. Told them that I would not take it like that. We checked my order, and sure enough they ordered it correct. BMW somehow affixed the wrong trim. Now working on the solution. Maybe if you like it, they may have one here in Birmingham Mi. for you. I'll know more on Monday.

markl53
10-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I was considering it, but the dash already has an aluminum strip, so it'd look a bit too much. But yeah, see if you can find one, I couldn't, but I did see the photo somewhere.

+1. Way too wide for me. Although I tend to prefer wood anyway.

boxstermike
12-14-2010, 07:49 PM
My 535 XDrive Msport just came in. Same thing happened to me - ordered with wood and I was surprised it came in with aluminum trim. Dealer claimed that is part of the MSport now. First I didn't like it. Wife hated it. Now, I am growing to like it because it does give a distinct look.

Stanesq
12-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Same thing with me. Ordered with Dark Wood and arrived with Aluminum trim. They are switching it out for me.

dimok
12-14-2010, 08:27 PM
It seems like you can't order M-sport with dark wood. On bmwusa.com configurator if you put dark wood with M-sport it automatically changes it to aluminum; maybe that's what happened.

Stanesq
12-14-2010, 08:33 PM
It seems like you can't order M-sport with dark wood. On bmwusa.com configurator if you put dark wood with M-sport it automatically changes it to aluminum; maybe that's what happened.

That is incorrect. I just tried it now and I have Carbon Black, Msport and the dark wood. Additionally, my dealer checked when I was at the dealership when I originally was refusing the car. He was able to configure it with dark wood as well. The fact that I have cinnamon brown interior means my only real choice is the dark wood. The car looks silly with aluminum and that interior. I think anthracite would be the second choice with that interior.

dimok
12-14-2010, 08:43 PM
That is incorrect. I just tried it now and I have Carbon Black, Msport and the dark wood. Additionally, my dealer checked when I was at the dealership when I originally was refusing the car. He was able to configure it with dark wood as well. The fact that I have cinnamon brown interior means my only real choice is the dark wood. The car looks silly with aluminum and that interior. I think anthracite would be the second choice with that interior.

I tried 550 xi, it did not work, it defaulted to aluminum; but odd enough, it works on 535 xi...

dunderhi
12-14-2010, 09:17 PM
I tried 550 xi, it did not work, it defaulted to aluminum; but odd enough, it works on 535 xi...

I just tried it and it worked fine for 550i xDrive. It defaults to aluminum, but it is easily changed.

AzNMpower32
12-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Here's someone's 530d M-sport from Austria:

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/530da-m-paket-20-felgen-g29555847/13-i203648564.html

(Sweet pics and even sweeter ride)

EvolutionTheory
12-15-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd like to see more of these as well.

Nelquan
12-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I specifically asked for the brushed aluminum trim on my 550 with M Sport Package. The aluminum gives it a very clean and performance oriented look and it really pops against the black leather and the anthracite headliner.. I love it. BTW, I also installed the black kidney grilles on the front. It looks mean.

EvolutionTheory
12-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I specifically asked for the brushed aluminum trim on my 550 with M Sport Package. The aluminum gives it a very clean and performance oriented look and it really pops against the black leather and the anthracite headliner.. I love it. BTW, I also installed the black kidney grilles on the front. It looks mean.

Would you mind posting pics? :bigpimp:

moonsault270
12-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I ordered aluminum too. Considered the hexagon but figured many people would have went with that. IMO the hexagon looks very good.

Like nelquan said the aluminum pops with black and makes for a sharp/ sleek looking interior. Particularly with my Titanium Silver paint. I have the black grills in my garage. Its a fun little DIY so when its gets warmer ill put them in.

KCComp
12-15-2010, 06:29 PM
If you want to see the aluminum look in person, the Z4 35si has the same hexagon treatment and is often seen on dealer lots.

After 2 consecutive aluminum-trim BMWs I ordered the light wood this time around on my M-sport, and after some worrying that it would come with aluminum and have to be changed (due to the stories on this forum) it arrived correct.

KC

johnbmw6
12-16-2010, 02:24 AM
NO cheap looking IMO on this car.

Nelquan
12-16-2010, 08:09 AM
I'll try to get some pics out this weekend.

moonsault270
12-16-2010, 08:13 AM
I never was a big fan of aluminum, opted for wood in my E60... but I chose my color and interior based off what i thought would be the least popular. Took a leap of faith with the aluminum trim and I love it.

joshbw
12-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Hey check this link out. These are really the only actual user photos I have found with this trim package. The pics are toward the top of the page.
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8373664

Nelquan
12-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Would you mind posting pics? :bigpimp:

Ok...These pics REALLY SUCK, but my real camera is screwed up so I had to take these from the BB and I was also inside. My sincerest apologies...hopefully, you'll get the gist.:eek:

pcbrew
12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I do not see an option for aluminum hexagon trim on US configurator for 535i with M-Sport, only base aluminum that is available w/o M-Sport.

Can anyone is USA confirm they have aluminum HEXAGON trim.

The pictures referenced above are in this thread - http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450291
The ones at the bottom of the first post show the hexagon trim. It has a textured surface that looks like it will not show fingerprints, etc, and is not shiny like the normal aluminum looks (except for some areas along the bottom of the door trim).

This one also has black alcantra interior which is not available in US either AFAIK.

Too bad, 'cause this is what I want....

stevem12t2
12-20-2010, 06:12 PM
It is a bmwusa.com car configurator issue. It did work. If you choose msport it used to go to alum by default and for free you could overide it to any wood you want. On the dealer build the moment they choose msport it dds alum hexagon. And can be changed or left. It is the best option and is exclusive to msports4. I would keep it. I love it on my 2011 535 xdrive msport. Space gray and oyster with it look great.

pcbrew
12-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks to clarify. I found the pictures you posted of your Space Gray + Oyster combo - very nice.

I am looking at Space Gray or Imperial Blue.
Interior could be Black or Oyster, but I still have some younger kids so am worried about showing dirt.

My 2002 E46 is Orient Blue (very dark blue) with Natural Brown, so I might consider Imp Blue and Cinnamon but not sure how the hexagon trim would go with that.

stevem12t2
12-20-2010, 06:43 PM
The leather cleans well and the carpets and overhead are black with oyster. Just the seats and doors are oyster. I think is the best combo for dirt etc. It is so easy to clean . The alum hexagon is so easy to deal with. My prior wood was swirl proned and so hard to keep neat. Stick with aluminum.

bmwarchitect
12-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Ok...These pics REALLY SUCK, but my real camera is screwed up so I had to take these from the BB and I was also inside. My sincerest apologies...hopefully, you'll get the gist.:eek:

The black grilles look very aggressive. If you had a chance, could you post a photo of the car from further back? Thanks for the first posting.

boxstermike
12-29-2010, 03:18 PM
I do not see an option for aluminum hexagon trim on US configurator for 535i with M-Sport, only base aluminum that is available w/o M-Sport.

Can anyone is USA confirm they have aluminum HEXAGON trim.

The pictures referenced above are in this thread - http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450291
The ones at the bottom of the first post show the hexagon trim. It has a textured surface that looks like it will not show fingerprints, etc, and is not shiny like the normal aluminum looks (except for some areas along the bottom of the door trim).

This one also has black alcantra interior which is not available in US either AFAIK.

Too bad, 'cause this is what I want....

Yup - mine came in with the hexagon aluminum

elchevere
12-30-2010, 08:00 PM
I saw a Silver with Black Dakota leather with the aluminum trim and I thought it looked stunning...picked up the color of the aluminum where you rest your left foot if you drive with your right.....made for a nice looking combination.