PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive Headlight Control System

emimix
10-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I already got the Xenon Headlamps in my F10 ...so I'm wondering if I can upgrade to the Adaptive Headlight Control System?! Anyone done that?

THX

markl53
10-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand. The standard xenon headlights on 535i/550i (optional on 528i) are adaptive control already. I assume you mean how they swivel according to steering wheel input to light to the side. You have to have the control in the Auto position for the adaptive lights to function. The regular "on" function keeps them pointed straight ahead at all times.

emimix
10-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure I understand. The standard xenon headlights on 535i/550i (optional on 528i) are adaptive control already. I assume you mean how they swivel according to steering wheel input to light to the side. You have to have the control in the Auto position for the adaptive lights to function. The regular "on" function keeps them pointed straight ahead at all times.

I wasn't clear..this is for my wife's 528i ..it doesn't have the Adaptive Headlight Control System ... ya, I do have them in my 550i

Needsdecaf
10-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I wasn't clear..this is for my wife's 528i ..it doesn't have the Adaptive Headlight Control System ... ya, I do have them in my 550i

Notice on the configurator on the BMW website when you check Xenon's as an option, it automatically checks Adaptive light control.

AzNMpower32
10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
For North American models, ordering Bi-xenon headlamps will include the Adaptive Headlight (AKL) which basically allows the headlamps to swivel side-to-side and also includes the Cornering lamps.