PDA

View Full Version : Ok what do you think??? feel free to flame away...

3seriesbimmer
12-29-2003, 06:00 PM
2003 WRX
all options
dealer serviced/turned in lease

for my:
2002 325i
SP
xenon
heated seats
stick
moon roof

even trade....Subaru will pay off my car I begin payments to Subaru where I left off from BMW financial.....

flame away.... :rolleyes:

TD
12-29-2003, 06:01 PM
You live where it snows (a lot) and, even where it doesn't snow, the WRX will be A LOT more fun to drive. So why not?

The only question is whether you got hosed on your deal. And I don't know enough to comment on that part.

SARAFIL
12-29-2003, 06:23 PM
2003 WRX
all options
dealer serviced/turned in lease

for my:
2002 325i
SP
xenon
heated seats
stick
moon roof

even trade....Subaru will pay off my car (http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw) I begin payments to Subaru where I left off from BMW financial.....

flame away.... :rolleyes:

A few things struck me as odd/uncertain:

1. A turned in lease on a 2003 model? Sounds more like a reposession, employee lease or executive demo. Those are the only ways I could think of that would bring a 2003 in to inventory so soon. That, or the customer traded in his lease really early on something else.

2. How much do you owe on the BMW? What are they asking for the WRX? I'd guess that your car as described (no premium or auto with higher than average mileage) is worth around $23-24k right now. Taking their asking price, your trade in value and your payoff in to consideration will help you to better realize is the deal makes sense.

Or, here's a kicker... ask the salesperson to break down the deal for you, and explain how much you are getting for your car, how much you are paying on the new one, what your payoff is, etc.

3seriesbimmer
12-29-2003, 06:37 PM
A few things struck me as odd/uncertain:

1. A turned in lease on a 2003 model? Sounds more like a reposession, employee lease or executive demo. Those are the only ways I could think of that would bring a 2003 in to inventory so soon. That, or the customer traded in his lease really early on something else.

2. How much do you owe on the BMW? What are they asking for the WRX? I'd guess that your car as described (no premium or auto with higher than average mileage) is worth around $23-24k right now. Taking their asking price, your trade in value and your payoff in to consideration will help you to better realize is the deal makes sense.

Or, here's a kicker... ask the salesperson to break down the deal for you, and explain how much you are getting for your car, how much you are paying on the new one, what your payoff is, etc.

1.Turned in for an STi
2. What I owe and what they are asking for the WRX is within a few hundred if even that.

rwg
12-30-2003, 12:04 PM
I have to ask - is the payment term the same? Obviously if the amount is the same, but the duration is longer, you are not making an even trade.

Having said that, the WRX is a blast to drive. If you can deal without the luxury provided by the BMW, you will probably enjoy it quite a bit.

Chendol
01-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Is this a demo? STi will be awesome to drive but maybe I'm getting old but it's too Rice Racer for my taste.

With some mods, it can probably take on an M3.

Good luck!

ctbmw
01-03-2004, 12:17 AM
They are RAPING you! Or at the Very least are a VERY bad date! I hope they send you flowers!
What are you thinking?!!
And what do you suppose they'll do with your trade? It's the best car on the lot-and it's in the used section!!!!!!!!
All this for a subaru?!!
Dude...YOU have got to cut down on the giggle smoke!
Just my 2 cents, I'm probably out of line. Wish you luck !
-Mel
For a subaru? Jeeeeesh!

3seriesbimmer
01-03-2004, 05:55 PM
They are RAPING you! Or at the Very least are a VERY bad date! I hope they send you flowers!
What are you thinking?!!
And what do you suppose they'll do with your trade? It's the best car on the lot-and it's in the used section!!!!!!!!
All this for a subaru?!!
Dude...YOU have got to cut down on the giggle smoke!
Just my 2 cents, I'm probably out of line. Wish you luck !
-Mel
For a subaru? Jeeeeesh!

Yes you are slightly out of line....
I'm actually trading my car for a 2004 WRX loaded with a new warranty where mine has recently run out. After talking with the dealership they gave a great deal on the 04. They are making NO money on this deal what so ever. This was a little favor from the service manager whom I am friends with. The only thing that is in it for them is another unit moved off their lot. As far as the best car on the lot..... I'd have to say def not as there is 4 brand new C5's, an 02 540i wagon, an H2 and two 350Z Track models.

P.S. Wanna race on the track sometime????? ;)
who'd need to cut down on the giggle smoke then???

audiophilia
01-03-2004, 08:37 PM
My son loves the Subaru.

I think it looks like a fugly warthog. And that blue...ugh! Yeah, it's fast. So's a Vette...

The E46 is a work of art, the Subaru is a pleb's delight...

Watch the movie 'Cousins'. Crap film, but a good William Peterson turn as a Subaru salesman wanting to grauate to selling BMWs in the adjacent dealership...

Don't do it... :D

Good luck, whichever way you go... :)