PDA

View Full Version : F10 3 days old rear ended!!!!

Rush2808
10-09-2010, 02:50 PM
so my f10 got rear ended she was only 3 days old :cry:, its was only some scrape and such but the head rest pops out like i can see the springs and whatnot, i would like to take it to the dealer to fix it but its along weekend ahead of me.

so before i take it in does anyone know how to push the popped out headrest back in? its very uncomfortable and im assuming it makes the car sensor saying "restraint failure" :cry:

Stealth.Pilot
10-09-2010, 03:13 PM
so my f10 got rear ended she was only 3 days old :cry:, its was only some scrape and such but the head rest pops out like i can see the springs and whatnot, i would like to take it to the dealer to fix it but its along weekend ahead of me.

so before i take it in does anyone know how to push the popped out headrest back in? its very uncomfortable and im assuming it makes the car sensor saying "restraint failure" :cry:

If the bodywork is dented (i.e. more than just a scratch to the plastic bumper), then if I was you, I would ask the dealer what the trade-in would be to swap it for a new one. Then I would sue the insurance company for loss of value so you can have an undamaged one again.

Rush2808
10-09-2010, 03:32 PM
ahahah isnt that a lil extreme? its just scrapes on the rear bumper maybe 6 inches long but the head rest popped out thats all

bmw_n00b13
10-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Talk to your dealer and your insurance company. That's what you pay them for. It's a brand freaking new car! you should be sure it's perfect!!

el168
10-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I would probably sue too ! 3 days old LOL

Stealth.Pilot
10-11-2010, 09:03 PM
ahahah isnt that a lil extreme? its just scrapes on the rear bumper maybe 6 inches long but the head rest popped out thats all

Fair enough. Just find a good body shop. In Miami the best one is the Lexus one since they are pretty much the only one with a factory certification program. Lots of BMW owners take their cars there. Not sure what the best shop is where you live.

Huncowboy
10-12-2010, 08:41 AM

Happened to my 6 a few weeks after delivery. So far I had to take care of 2 fender benders here in the USA. Both went to Vista BMW Coconut Creek. They did a good job in both cases. I would recommend them. I am pretty sure they are a certified BMW body shop.

Rush2808
10-12-2010, 10:41 AM
well tmrw im going to the insurance to get the vehicle inspected to assess the damage, and i will keep you guys posted on the results

but when you take it to the body shop, do they change the whole bumper for your 6 or they just touched it up?

Huncowboy
10-12-2010, 09:34 PM
they changed the bumper

enigma
10-12-2010, 09:44 PM

Yikes. I am very sorry to hear that. It happened to me a couple of times (within 1000 miles of ownership, I got rear-ended). It seems like the damage is just the bumper. Have the other guy's insurance company pay for a brand new bumper and get it painted and installed at an authorized BMW bodyshop. It'll look like a brand-spanking new.

If the bodywork is dented (i.e. more than just a scratch to the plastic bumper), then if I was you, I would ask the dealer what the trade-in would be to swap it for a new one. Then I would sue the insurance company for loss of value so you can have an undamaged one again.

Most states wouldn't recognize "diminished value" anyway and you would be wasting everyone's time with a merit-less lawsuit. I hope OP doesn't take your advise.

Stealth.Pilot
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Most states wouldn't recognize "diminished value" anyway and you would be wasting everyone's time with a merit-less lawsuit. I hope OP doesn't take your advise.

Diminished value is valid and claims are regularly awarded to those that pursue them. I have received diminished value cash before, and I got it from insurance company negotiation without needing to go to court.

The only reason to not pursue is in this instance is because the damage is not material so there is no diminished value.

Honestly you should not comment on stuff you know nothing about. It's not appropriate.

enigma
10-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Diminished value is valid and claims are regularly awarded to those that pursue them. I have received diminished value cash before, and I got it from insurance company negotiation without needing to go to court.

My lawyers, in my various accident cases, advised me that it's not recoverable in most states, including my own state (California). The best chance of recouping the diminished value is to make the loss claim under the liability clause. Even then it's very much dependent on each state's liability law.

I did my own research, and my findings coincided with my lawyers' advice.

Here's one such resource: http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/diminished-car-value.html ("Unless you live in a select few states, there is little recourse." - referring to recovering the diminished value).

The only reason to not pursue is in this instance is because the damage is not material so there is no diminished value.

Huh? Not material? The damage to OP's bumper isn't material? What is then?

Honestly you should not comment on stuff you know nothing about. It's not appropriate.

You may want to take your own advice? :dunno:

el168
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree with the person who said you need to ask for a new bumper. Same thing happened to my with a new Land Rover and I made the guy at fault buy the new bumper to replace damaged one. What if the paint peels or chips after a few years? If you were not at fault, you should ask for a new bumper from the insurance company.

Rush2808
10-14-2010, 12:18 PM
this is the damage, so far allstate "his insurance" gave me $800 check and i laughed at it, but they're gonna provide me with a second check if need be for any additional fix

this body shop that i go to is a very good body shop although its not a bmw, he is specialized in BMW and benz and all the fancy cars, ive taken my previous cars to him and it came out like nothing ever happened

ill keep you guys updated

TJPark01
10-15-2010, 05:30 PM
The horror. Yeah I don't think 800 bucks is gonna cover it. They have to remove the bumper to see if the internal structure has been damaged. Also the headrest has to be reset, or replaced not sure what BMW specs. Either way, the headrest has some crazy architecture to it.

Rush2808
10-16-2010, 05:30 AM
In addition to that i just hit a deer last night.....Grills are gone, right headlamp are broken, Front bumpers cracked.....such a bad luck with this car and its only 2 weeks old

i will post a pic as soon as i can

drivinfaster
10-16-2010, 05:41 AM
wow!!:yikes: so sorry to hear about the accidents. hope it all works out for you.

df

Rush2808
10-16-2010, 06:59 AM
i got "deered" sucky month for me...

3 days old - rear ended

10 days old - hit a deer

after i get all these fixed up, im gonna de-badge the car to hopefully it'll remove the bad juju from the car xD

CarBrain
10-16-2010, 08:14 AM
How's the deer?

Rush2808
10-16-2010, 08:20 AM
ran off like nothing ever happened.....and shed some fur on my hood xD

johnbmw6
10-16-2010, 08:29 AM

There is a button on the side of the head rest press it in and push it back, job done.:thumbup:

Rush2808
10-16-2010, 08:30 AM
no button on this one unfortunately i tried to push it back, bmw dealer tried, body shop tried, none succeed lol

johnbmw6
10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
no button on this one unfortunately i tried to push it back, bmw dealer tried, body shop tried, none succeed lol Funny that, I checked out the F10 535D Sport and the head rests had a small button on one side of the head rest too push and re-set, which I tried and it worked!!!

TJPark01
10-16-2010, 10:26 AM
when it rains it pours. Let me know what the body shop says about the bumper. Ask him if he's going to remove the bumper completely to check for frame damage underneath.

Rush2808
10-16-2010, 10:37 AM
i will keep you guys updated on this for sure, im gonna start all the phone calls on monday

they (BMW NA) don't even know what to do with the headrest deployment 3 days ago when the insurance/body shop/myself called
since the car is too new, let alone a whole chunk of front bumper + headlamp assembly

this is going to be an interesting one

TJPark01
10-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Not sure if it's the same procedure, but this was the operating procedure to reset the active headrest on my other car. Not sure if you want to try this yourself...