PDA

View Full Version : Pick up check-list? - Mirrors fold on lock?

pmw103
10-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi All,
My Dad will be picking up his 530D at some point in the coming week.

What I am really interested in feedback on is,

Anything that was missed during the initial handover and you had to return to the dealer for?
Any teething problems that required correction?

Any non standard PDI requests?
For example has anyone managed to get an F10 set up to fold the mirrors when you lock the car?

I found this generic checklist which might be of use to others.

http://www.whatcar.com/images/subscription/newcarcollect.pdf

What I am most focused on is a BMW specific Checklist.

This is what I came up with so far.

Check

Day light running lights check they are working when enabled.
Check Xenons start and level properly.
Check transmission manual release tool is in the tool kit.

Verify 6VC Com box is present by plugging a ipod into the car with the apple cable.

Version of Idrive software should be V2
Nav works i.e unlock code has been entered.
Post code search is indeed present.

Verify I phone app functionality (enable remote services in web profile first)
Lock / Unlcok.
Flash Lights
Sound Horn
Send to Car
Find car

-----------------

Things to watch out for but hopefully solved in week 37 build

Pulling to the right?
Jerky gear box?

If any one has any additional suggestions would really appreicate it.

Thanks
Regards
Paul

markl53
10-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Mirrors won't fold when you lock. In most cases, I fold mine in earlier than that anyway. As I'm pulling into a parking space I fold the mirrors. It would be too late if I waited to lock the car.

I haven't noticed my xenons leveling when they first come on like my previous BMW's. Maybe I've missed seeing it (only had car 3 weeks) but now that you mention it, maybe they don't do that anymore.

pmw103
10-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the feedback, by the look of it your in the US, I have read else where they don't fold in the US, however the sales manager in the UK is adamant the UK / European cars can fold the mirrors on lock.
I just curious to see if any one actually had it working! I will be very interested to see if he actually gets it to work!

Indeed I take your point most of the time you fold them when you get out, its just most of the time the spaces they choose to park in a space you can drive into without folding, they just like to fold them on exit so its easier to pass between parked cars.
Trouble is they don't allways remember before they have exited the car! :-) and end up getting back in to fold them!
I have seen Mercs do it and thought it would be cool to enable if possible.

At the moment they have a 3 series loaner its a 2010 model and it levels. I saw post elsewhere that said someone got the car home and the first time they drove it in the dark one light was pointing at the floor and one was way up in the air! Hence the reason for checking.

It could be really subtle. Do you have the standard Xenons or do you have the Adaptive Xenons?
Cheers
Paul

markl53
10-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Do you have the standard Xenons or do you have the Adaptive Xenons?
Cheers
Paul

To my knowledge, at least in the US, the standard xenons are the adaptive ones.

pmw103
10-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply

Ah I see looks like they are standard on your car yes.

They don't appear to be standard on the 528.

The us cars have great standard spec makes me want to move there! :)

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2011/5/528iSedan/Features_and_Specs/Default.aspx?enc=/eiUrYOZAxtXbrazY6tfknvs2p4czl6fdqlc7VGB7GNyysaf8Jm XSIOxbZZ4dqjClzcMbTc6Fps0D6jaDPVyC0La98Oye6tyCLxL0 My/xCNFL8MGKZDPoPWKCMX6mCfEqtQxhX6OS3Hg6kgw/bZtfI5da95gocp0DH2/J0GaOeLvYWszWU/6D6HlxZIzeX/xt4/gYSegkfS+Koi8Fp0bCQ==