PDA

View Full Version : 535ix

mzwicker
10-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Has anyone in the US picked up their new 535 with xdrive. My car has been sitting in NJ for over a week.

sfuzzymagic
10-09-2010, 06:16 PM
According to my sales person most of ( all of ? ) the 535xi's (including my new one in Baltimore ) were on hold due to an open repair campaign.

I'd call your dealer :)

mzwicker
10-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks. I was beginning to think it was damaged in shipping.

ccbbrb
10-09-2010, 06:46 PM
I heard from my dealer today that none had been released.

FPNY
10-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh great, mine is on its ocean voyage, as if that doesn't seem to take forever, now this....more waiting.

tdepetra
10-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Mine arrived in Baltimore on the 29th. Dealer thinks shipping to Minneapolis next week. Maddening.

goodmanal
10-10-2010, 05:48 AM
What is an "open repair campaign"?

ccbbrb
10-10-2010, 07:35 AM
I think they are holding them so all the dealers get their first delivery of 535x-drives at the same time. Mine was Manufactured on 9/7 and then was on a ship that landed in NJ on September 29th, and it is still there. In the middle of all this, there was a 2-day dock workers strike in NJ that messed things up too.

ccbbrb
10-10-2010, 08:50 AM
The Website says "At preperation center." the 800 number says "At the port awaiting a shipping vessel." Where exactly are these places? Is the Perparation Center and the Port one in the same place?

dkerr
10-10-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm glad I am not the only one... my 535i xDrive has been sitting at the VPC in NJ for over a week now and my dealer has no explanation.

DAK

mzwicker
10-10-2010, 10:02 AM
I spoke with my CA and he told me the delay had to do with the Monroney sticker. Who knows.

kocsis
10-10-2010, 10:34 AM
None of this makes sense. There is a story somewhere

ChgoBob
10-10-2010, 10:53 AM
For my 535xi BMW's website says "At preperation center." the 800 number also says "At the port awaiting a shipping vessel." Dealer said it arrived in Baltimore on 10/4.

I took a screen capture of the beginning of this thread and emailed it to my dealer today. Hoping to get some sort of response from him tomorrow. Will share what I hear. Hopefully this potential delay isn't too long...

ihumphrey
10-10-2010, 11:15 AM
hmmm...interesting, I also have a 535ix on order, but mine is a few weeks behind the first group, still in Bremerhaven, will be very interested to see what the hold up is about. Although, thankfully (well not really) I am sitting in the middle of the Iraqi desert and a few weeks delay will be ok for me. I was surprised when things got going so fast with production; was beginning to think the car would beat me home by more than a month. Maybe not so much at this point!

Lerxst101
10-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Has anyone in the US picked up their new 535 with xdrive. My car has been sitting in NJ for over a week.

Interesting to read, as I was wondering the same thing -- mine's been at the NJ Port/VPC for 1.5 weeks. My salesperson seemed to suggest that there was a holdup, but he didn't seem to be telling the whole story. Said it could be that there was an issue with getting approval for gas mileage stickers. Thought he was just kidding, but maybe not. I, too, was worried that it might have been damaged during shipment, but now I see it's a "global" issue. He still anticipates that it will be at my NJ dealership by Friday. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone.

rigel12
10-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow. So no U.S. forum member has yet received their 535xi yet. The only xi known delivered as of today is Rich's 550xi in Pittsburgh...and that was a week ago Monday. So, is this limited to just the 535xi's?

My 550xi M Sport is due in Baltimore on 10/11 with a possible delivery to the dealer by this coming Friday. I'll keep you posted of my car's progress, if any, this week.

Hey Rich, what did your mileage sticker say for Highway/City?

ChgoBob
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Per my sales rep this morning: "Yes, they will have it fixed this week, as we were told nothing to worry about. I will keep you updated." When I asked if I would get my car this week he said "I'll let you know by Tuesday".

goodmanal
10-11-2010, 08:45 AM
My sales rep said they are awaiting a part which has to be installed before the vehicles can be delivered. He didn't know why the part wasn't installed at the factory. He'll give me more information after today's holiday.:cry:

mautzi
10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
interesting. my 550i xdrive arrived in NJ last Wednesday and the dealer said he is tentatively scheduled to receive it this Saturday. I asked why so long but have not received a response.

markl53
10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
The Website says "At preperation center." the 800 number says "At the port awaiting a shipping vessel." Where exactly are these places? Is the Perparation Center and the Port one in the same place?

The preparation center, "VPC", is at your arrival port in the US. It is where the cars are inspected and cleaned prior to delivery to your dealer. "At the port awaiting a shipping vessel" means Bremerhaven, Germany, where your car is transported to await its journey to the US. Obviously the website is more up to date than the 800 number.

mautzi
10-11-2010, 09:45 AM
actually my status on the 800# says the same thing, though on Friday 800# said at the prep center. today it says at the port awaiting shipping vessel. wonder if they mean transport to dealer. the website has not changed, still says at prep center

markl53
10-11-2010, 10:05 AM
actually my status on the 800# says the same thing, though on Friday 800# said at the prep center. today it says at the port awaiting shipping vessel. wonder if they mean transport to dealer. the website has not changed, still says at prep center

"Shipping vessel" means the ship from Germany to US. The truck from the VPC to your dealer is not a "vessel".

mautzi
10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
"Shipping vessel" means the ship from Germany to US. The truck from the VPC to your dealer is not a "vessel".

dude, that sounds quite condescending. I was pointing out the change in status on the 800# from last Friday to today's status.

based on your comment, as of today my vehicle is being reshipped from Germany though it arrived in NJ last Wednesday.

markl53
10-11-2010, 01:01 PM
dude, that sounds quite condescending. I was pointing out the change in status on the 800# from last Friday to today's status.

based on your comment, as of today my vehicle is being reshipped from Germany though it arrived in NJ last Wednesday.

Sorry. If it is back to "waiting for vessel", they've just screwed up IMO. After my status went to "at preparation center", I think the next and only other status I saw was "at your dealer". By then I already knew it had arrived in MD.

mzwicker
10-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Has anyone received an update on their car?

Lerxst101
10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
My dealership has a call into the VPC to get the real scoop. I'll post if/when I hear anything.

Update: Port has 1300 cars from Germany. BMW AG detected an interior noise on the 535s and shipped these cars to the U.S. for the port personnel to deal with. The port is receiving, from Germany, the necessary part to install prior to releasing the cars to all BMW centers.

ChgoBob
10-12-2010, 01:14 PM
My 535ix is at the VPC in Baltimore (arrived 10/4). Got this from my dealer this afternoon:

"As of late yesterday we***8217;ve been advised by the VDC that they expect their first shipment of parts to arrive Friday. The repair process has also been refined from an estimated 2hrs per vehicle down to +/- 45mins per vehicle with the use of a special tool to be provided from the part manufacturer. The VDC was also able to secure additional workspace & service lifts at the old ATC facility next door, which will enable them to repair more vehicles at the same time once the parts arrive."

I asked what date "parts to arrive Friday" was and he said Sept. 8. So I'm hoping they're working on our cars...

mautzi
10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Update: Port has 1300 cars from Germany. BMW AG detected an interior noise on the 535s and shipped these cars to the U.S. for the port personnel to deal with. The port is receiving, from Germany, the necessary part to install prior to releasing the cars to all BMW centers.[/QUOTE]

so it appears that it is only a 535 issue - I guess

Lerxst101
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
My 535ix is at the VPC in Baltimore (arrived 10/4). Got this from my dealer this afternoon:

"As of late yesterday we've been advised by the VDC that they expect their first shipment of parts to arrive Friday. The repair process has also been refined from an estimated 2hrs per vehicle down to +/- 45mins per vehicle with the use of a special tool to be provided from the part manufacturer. The VDC was also able to secure additional workspace & service lifts at the old ATC facility next door, which will enable them to repair more vehicles at the same time once the parts arrive."

I asked what date "parts to arrive Friday" was and he said Sept. 8. So I'm hoping they're working on our cars...

Best of luck. I was told mine is one of the first cars in NJ, so I'm hoping to have soon -- "noise free."

markl53
10-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Did you mean October 8? Also, I got my 535i (not ix) in mid September. I wonder what this "interior noise" is and if it is specific to the ix models. What about 5's already delivered? Hmmm..

ChgoBob
10-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Did you mean October 8? Also, I got my 535i (not ix) in mid September. I wonder what this "interior noise" is and if it is specific to the ix models. What about 5's already delivered? Hmmm..

My apologies, I meant October 8. Not certain, but I think this is a 535ix issue.

FPNY
10-12-2010, 03:04 PM
My 535 is enroute from Halifax to NYC. Should arrive on Thursday, then I guess it can sit with all the others waiting for delivery...

dalekressin
10-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Ten minutes ago I talked to a guy they came into my office and he too is waiting for a 535xi that is at the port "out east".

stevem12t2
10-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Also have a 535i xdrive arriving on the Tomar on THursday to NY (NJ). I guess it will sit at the VPC for repair in line...:eek:

JoeJones
10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I can't believe my car is broken before I've even driven it. This does not bode well.

FPNY
10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I can't believe my car is broken before I've even driven it. This does not bode well.

I'm glad they find stuff like this and fix it before they're in our driveways.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-12-2010, 07:02 PM
My 535i with x drive arrived in the U.S. on the Sunlight Ace, which dropped it off in Bayonne, NJ, and it is still listed as being at the preparation center.

rigel12
10-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow. So no U.S. forum member has yet received their 535ix yet. The only xi known delivered as of today is Rich's 550ix in Pittsburgh...and that was a week ago Monday. So, is this limited to just the 535ix's?

My 550ix M Sport is due in Baltimore on 10/11 with a possible delivery to the dealer by this coming Friday. I'll keep you posted of my car's progress, if any, this week.

Ok...follow up: my 550ix M Sport was released from the ship in Baltimore at 8:01 this morning (10/12). The dealer received an update later that evening to expect delivery on Monday (10/18). So, in other words, it's true that the 550ix's are not being held. I know it doesn't help all of those waiting for their 535ix's, but we do know they are delivering the 550ix's without a hold.

mautzi
10-13-2010, 05:14 AM
yeah - same with me with Rigel.

I got a call form my dealer yesterday stating the my 550i xdrive is being transported from NJ to CT today and should be ready tomorrow. Arrived at port last Wednesday, off the ship on Thursday am, transported today: 1 week overall at port in NJ.

rigel12
10-13-2010, 05:29 AM
yeah - same with me with Rigel.

I got a call form my dealer yesterday stating the my 550i xdrive is being transported from NJ to CT today and should be ready tomorrow. Arrived at port last Wednesday, off the ship on Thursday am, transported today: 1 week overall at port in NJ.

We expect screamin' and a yellin' with joy when yours comes in!! This is so I can be jealous throughout the weekend!! Best Wishes!

Lerxst101
10-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Also have a 535i xdrive arriving on the Tomar on THursday to NY (NJ). I guess it will sit at the VPC for repair in line...:eek:

I wonder if the parts are on your ship, or if they are delivering via airfreight? Is it a band-aide or real fix -- that's the real question.

I feel like sneaking over to Port Bayonne to see how my car is doing -- wonder if the hail Monday night reached that area?!

FPNY
10-13-2010, 09:56 AM
I wonder if the parts are on your ship, or if they are delivering via airfreight? Is it a band-aide or real fix -- that's the real question.

I feel like sneaking over to Port Bayonne to see how my car is doing -- wonder if the hail Monday night reached that area?!

HAHAHA i was thinking the same thing. If you go look for my Tasman Green with the oyster interior. Let me know how it looks, I'm worried if the color is going to be nice.....

FPNY
10-13-2010, 10:01 AM

HAHAHA i was thinking the same thing. If you go look for my Tasman Green with the oyster interior. Let me know how it looks, I'm worried if the color is going to be nice.....

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-13-2010, 01:05 PM
I THINK THAT I MAY HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY! I e-mailed my BMW representative today and asked why my 2011 535i with x drive has not been released from the preparation center. He advised that THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM with the Sport Package wheels. He explained that BMW is holding all Sport package cars until the issue is solved. He then said that this problem DOES NOT apply to non sport package vehicles, but it has delayed the release of all 535xi cars at the Port Jersey VPC. The good news for me is that the representative further said that my car has been released, that it should be at the dealership very soon, and he estimated that I could pick it up this Friday. I hope this information helps everyone who has a vehicle at the Port Jersey VPC.

kocsis
10-13-2010, 01:11 PM
So this would cover the Msport package as well? Or not? They have different wheels (451M vs 332). And 550ix as well as 525ix?

stevem12t2
10-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Did he specify if it was the basic sport package wheels or the msport wheels. I tend to believe it can't be the 535 m sport because the 550 msport has the same wheels and is being released as read in some other posts that 550 xdrive's have been being delivered.

First it's a cabin noise issue, now wheels.... I won't have info until mine hits the vpc after unloading and being sent over tomorow off of the Tomar vessel.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-13-2010, 01:18 PM
His exact words were that there was a big problem with the sport package wheels and that BMW was holding all sport package units. I have sent my representative another e-mail asking him about the internal noise issue.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I have just heard back from my representative who advised that they were not made aware of any interior noise problems. The only problem that the dealership was advised of was the problems with the tires and rims with the sport package. He doubts there is an interior noise issue because he would consider that a design defect that could not be handled by the VPC. Do we know for a fact that another representative at another dealership said there was a noise problem? And remember, I am referring to the cars at the New Jersey VPC, not the cars at the Baltimore VPC.

goodmanal
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
My non-sports package 535i xDrive has been at the NJ VPC for almost two weeks. If its only a sports package issue why have all 535ix vehicles been held up?

FPNY
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
My non-sports package 535i xDrive has been at the NJ VPC for almost two weeks. If its only a sports package issue why have all 535ix vehicles been held up?
yeah, what he said......

mautzi
10-13-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm picking up my 550ix with sports wheels tomorrow at the dealer (from last weeks ship). this may just be a 535 sports package issue then.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM

As I advised, my representative said the problem with the sport packages held everything up, but that the problem was only with the sport packages.

ChgoBob
10-13-2010, 02:05 PM
My sales rep doesn't work on Wednesday, so I won't be getting an update until tomorrow. This is very frustrating. My 535ix (at Baltimore VPC) was ordered with sports package. Dealer said nothing about problem with wheels. Perhaps there are different problems with different shipments at different ports?

mzwicker
10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
This is truly beyond me.

How can these dealerships keep getting different reasons for the holdup.

This is really starting to worry me.

You would think that the VDC could get their story straight.

markl53
10-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Holds are shown on the dealer's printout -- ask them to send it to you.

Lerxst101
10-13-2010, 08:51 PM
My dealership reported to me that they called the VPC and were told it was a noise issue. Fact that we are getting different stories is really disconcerting. I am so tempted to cancel and get something else. :mad:

stevem12t2
10-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Can anyone else confirm that their CA has info on the paperwork for your cars regarding a "hold"?

Jeff143
10-14-2010, 07:07 AM
I THINK THAT I MAY HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY! I e-mailed my BMW representative today and asked why my 2011 535i with x drive has not been released from the preparation center. He advised that THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM with the Sport Package wheels. He explained that BMW is holding all Sport package cars until the issue is solved. He then said that this problem DOES NOT apply to non sport package vehicles, but it has delayed the release of all 535xi cars at the Port Jersey VPC. The good news for me is that the representative further said that my car has been released, that it should be at the dealership very soon, and he estimated that I could pick it up this Friday. I hope this information helps everyone who has a vehicle at the Port Jersey VPC.

Interesting. I picked up a 535ix in Munich on October 7th without a sport package. When we were going through the delivery, a BMW representative told me there had been a mistake with the wheels, and that instead of the standard 18" 237 style wheels I had the 19" 331 style wheels on my car. They asked me if I would accept the 331 wheels instead and I agreed.

I drove the car around Germany and Austria for a few days and then turned it over for export on Monday, Oct 11. It worked perfectly

goodmanal
10-14-2010, 07:08 AM
My week 37 535ix car, which has been in port of Bayonne for almost two weeks is now on a carrier enroute to the dealer. I should be able to get the car on Monday. Whatever the reason for the hold has been corrected.:):)

swim4519
10-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Mine just arrived on the TOMAR last night into Bayonne, so I contacted the dealer to see what the issue was and if mine would be held up as well since it was a later production week. Here is the response I received. Sounds like we are starting to get the same story....

"There is an interior noise that BMW has found, and is addressing by placing a Vibration Dampener somewhere under the Chassis. It takes approximately 1 hour for this procedure to be done." :mad:

Looks like I have a lot more waiting to do :cry:

Lerxst101
10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Is this a band-aide fix?????????

mzwicker
10-14-2010, 10:15 AM
I guess the real question is- when are the cars going to be repaired and how many cars can the repair a day. Don't forget the part was received last Friday and still no cars.

Lerxst101
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Update!!!

I just received an e-mail -- my 535xi is at the dealership in NJ. I'll let you guys know more if/when I hear anything further.

stevem12t2
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Update!!!

I just received an e-mail -- my 535xi is at the dealership in NJ. I'll let you guys know more if/when I hear anything further.

is this a msport vehicle by chance?

Lerxst101
10-14-2010, 12:33 PM
No. Prem 1, Prem 2, cold weather, split rear.

ChgoBob
10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Update! My dealer called while I was out to lunch. My 535ix (sport) left the Baltimore VPC yesterday!!! Now I wonder how long it will take to get to the Chicago area.

tdepetra
10-14-2010, 01:16 PM
My 535Xi is 15 days at prep center from Baltimore without rational or honest explanation.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
So, it looks like there really may be an interior noise issue, contrary to what my representative told me. Has anyone who has accepted delivery experienced this interior noise?

FPNY
10-15-2010, 08:32 AM
I just got an email from my ca, he says there is no hold on the ix and they are being released now, that we should see our car soon.

I hope he is correct!!

ChgoBob
10-15-2010, 08:47 AM
It seems like the majority of members posting in this thread are East coast residents. So I'm guessing most of you will have your new cars before mine gets to the Midwest. This waiting is painful.

tdepetra
10-15-2010, 08:55 AM
It seems like the majority of members posting in this thread are East coast residents. So I'm guessing most of you will have your new cars before mine gets to the Midwest. This waiting is painful.

. . . especially when you're faced with renting a car because of delays! I'm hoping the F10 truly will be the drug of choice.

swim4519
10-15-2010, 09:07 AM
. . . especially when you're faced with renting a car because of delays! I'm hoping the F10 truly will be the drug of choice.

Have a "chat" with your dealer and ask them to provide you with an executive loaner. A lot of dealers have these...you just have to ask.

tdepetra
10-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Good thought. I will.

Lerxst101
10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
So bummed -- 535ix is ready to pick up, but I already have a car with me at work, so can't get it until Monday. But at least good to know that paperwork is about done and it's ready for me.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-15-2010, 11:59 AM
After being dropped off at the port in Bayonne, NJ and after an extended stay at the Port Jersey VPC, my vehicle arrived at the dealer (JMK - Springfield, NJ) on October 15, 2010 and is ready for delivery. My only concern is whether I have been given a straight answer about the delay. My dealer is denying a noise problem and stated instead that there was a tire & wheel problem that only affected the sport packages (I don not have the sports package). On the one hand, I am eager to pick the vehicle, but on the other, I wonder if this is the start of a problem that I will have to deal with.

goodmanal
10-15-2010, 02:10 PM
My week 37 production, 535ix, spent almost two weeks at the VPC in New Jersey. It is now at the dealers and will be ready for me early next week. The dealer said the holdup was due to the need to insert a noise reduction bushing which had been left off at the factory.

mzwicker
10-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Has anyone picked up their car yet? If so, send pictures.

ccbbrb
10-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Here's what the dealer told me today, "Turns out there is a suspension issue with all these cars." I am told that parts are on the way and some are here."

tdepetra
10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
My dealer told me today they are releasing cars, so I'm hoping they will get some cars to the midwest later this coming week.

jsf1993
10-15-2010, 07:04 PM
My week 37 production, 535ix, spent almost two weeks at the VPC in New Jersey. It is now at the dealers and will be ready for me early next week. The dealer said the holdup was due to the need to insert a noise reduction bushing which had been left off at the factory.

Interesting.....I did ED on a 2011 535xi on October 7 and drove the car in all kinds of conditions for 6 days, racking up close to 800 miles at speeds up to 125 mph. My vehicle has the sports package and dynamic handling packages. I never heard noise from the suspension. (Not sure what production week my vehicle was a part of, but I suspect it was either week 37 or week 38.) Regardless, I can assure all of you that the wait will be worth it.

Back2BMW
10-15-2010, 08:36 PM
After 2 and 1/2 weeks at the NJ VPC (arrived on the "Manon" 9/28), my 535xi finally arrived at the dealer yesterday. I am scheduled to take delivery on Sunday. So far the dealer has been unable to explain the delay, but maybe I'll learn something when I pick the car up. I intend to ask whether the car has been repaired -- the dealer has to make a disclosure if specifically asked -- and maybe that will prompt a detailed explanation. :rolleyes: Anyway, it's been a long wait (I placed my order on July 26) and I am looking forward to finally seeing my car. I'll let you all know if I learn something credible.

Jaystun
10-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I would like to own a bmw 535ix but two dealerships gave me some crazy numbers I was going to put 5.5k down and lease for 36months with 12k miles and two dealer ships said it would be 900 a month and i can't seem to find a good deal if this is please let me know my mercedes is leased and its up Nov 1st I really like bmw 5 series alot I tested it and fell in love with it I'm the tri-state area if any one knows any good dealerships please let me know thank you :thumbup:

ccbbrb
10-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Has anyone been told exactly what the suspension issue is that has been holding up the 535 x-drives?

FPNY
10-16-2010, 07:46 AM
so, it sounds like the cars are being released now, if our cars came in on the tomar this week, how long before they are shipped to the dealer? maybe i can get mine next week.

gordonl47
10-16-2010, 10:42 AM
We also took EU delivery - 550i - and we put on 1200 miles at all speeds roads and didn't notice any suspension issues or noise. Our car has been at the Oxnard VPC for two weeks and my dealer is waiting a response on why so long. Now I'm really curious - I'm expecting an update today. My birthday is next weekend so I'm hoping for a Happy one!

We'd welcome any info on the (purported) suspension issue.

enigmacx
10-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Just received a call from my agent. My 535xi just arrived the dealer.
Mine was week 38 production finished Sept 23rd and was on TOMAR which arrived jersey on 14th. Arrived the dealer 16th.
I don't know whether it was repaired or not. Will ask the dealer when pick it up.
Dealer said I can only pick it up after Monday and I will be out of town until Thursday.
It seems I will have to wait until Friday. :mad:

FPNY
10-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Mine was week 38 production finished Sept 23rd and was on TOMAR which arrived jersey on 14th. Arrived the dealer 16th.
I don't know whether it was repaired or not. Will ask the dealer when pick it up.
Dealer said I can only pick it up after Monday and I will be out of town until Thursday.

wow, that's great. the bmwusa web site has mine still in the prep center....

mzwicker
10-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I guess they don't have trucks going to New Hampshire. Mine has been released but not yet shipped. I hope that I will get it before the first snow.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-16-2010, 01:52 PM
In view of all of the different stories, I just made a formal request that my dealer disclose to me in writing whether my car was damaged during transportation, and to disclose to me in writing all repairs, modifications, etc., made to the vehicle once it was delivered to the United States. I am very eager to pick up my vehicle, but my current lease is not up until November 11, 2010 and I want to know what the issues were with my F10 before I pick it up. Once I get the information, I will post an update.

ccbbrb
10-16-2010, 02:14 PM

Was yours a sport model?

enigmacx
10-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes, it has sports pkg.

ccbbrb
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes, it has sports pkg.

Does it have Dynamic Handling Package? Trying to determine if certain models are still being held back.

mpccpa
10-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Since I wasn't getting anywhere with emails, I decided to stop by to visit my CA today. Had him look up exactly where my car was in the process. Good news is that it's at the VPC and scheduled to be released to the carrier on/around 10/24. He told me not to be surprised if it gets shipped even earlier. Sounds like delivery is just around the corner. Finally! :rofl:

Cold weather pkg
Convenience pkg
Premium 1 & 2
Split fold down rear seats
Smartphone integration
Ski bag

ccbbrb
10-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Has anyone driven a 535 x-drive with Dynamic Handling Package? We are interested in hearing driving impressions. Is the steering any better with the x-drive hydrolic vs 2-wheel drive electric steering?

Lerxst101
10-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Just picked mine up -- without DHP. Only a few miles to work, but thought the steering was great so far. I'll try to post report and photos soon. One thing I will note is that looks like a bit of a learning curve with new iDrive. I thought old one was a breeze but we'll see how long it takes me to figure this one out.

Best of luck to those of you still waiting.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-18-2010, 09:33 AM
I will be picking up my F10 (with x drive, but no sports package) this Saturday. I asked the dealer to provide me with written disclosure of any damage or problems with the car that were taken care of at the VPC. The response was that there was nothing to report because nothing out of the ordinary was done except for regular VPC preparation. The response further stated that the dealer is only aware of the problem with the wheels/tires, which only applies to the sports package models. Looks like the non-sport package F10 vehicles have no issues.

mzwicker
10-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Has anyone picked up their 535ix. Let's see pictures and comments.

nealh
10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
I will be picking up my F10 (with x drive, but no sports package) this Saturday. I asked the dealer to provide me with written disclosure of any damage or problems with the car that were taken care of at the VPC. The response was that there was nothing to report because nothing out of the ordinary was done except for regular VPC preparation. The response further stated that the dealer is only aware of the problem with the wheels/tires, which only applies to the sports package models. Looks like the non-sport package F10 vehicles have no issues.
FYI, if they repair anything at VPC ie body damage, they have to disclose it.

My 650i had a scratch of a certain length(few inches or something) and it was repaired at the VPC. They told me I could refuse the car and when it was delivered I had to sign a document showing I was informed of the repair.

xsi123
10-19-2010, 05:46 AM
IThe response further stated that the dealer is only aware of the problem with the wheels/tires, which only applies to the sports package models. Looks like the non-sport package F10 vehicles have no issues.

What exactly is the problem with the wheels/tires in sport package?

ChgoBob
10-19-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm picking up my 535i x-drive after work tomorrow! Will discuss VPC delay with dealer, but there was never a mention about wheels/tires (my car does have sports package). Only problem shared with me was the part install about interior noise/vibration.

Very excited to be taking delivery!

mpccpa
10-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Chicago:
Good for you! Just curious, how long did your car sit at the VPC. I hope to be getting mine sometime next week. The wait is killing me!:cry:

ChgoBob
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
According to my dealer it sat in Baltimore 9 days. Took 6 days to get to Chicago.

FPNY
10-19-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't get what the hold up at the VPC is. My car is still sitting there after landing last Thursday. This same exact thing happened to me in 08. I'm sitting here knowing my car is in town and I can't get it. It's frustrating...

mpccpa
10-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Same here. My car arrived on the Tomar last Thurs. I went in person on Saturday to visit the dealer. He told me that his listing shows it being "released to the carrier" on the 24th, though don't be surprised if it gets released sooner. At this point, I'm not expecting the car to be ready for delivery until later next week. The wait has been frustrating, but I know that the end is near. :tsk:

mzwicker
10-20-2010, 02:33 PM
My car was released to carrier last Saturday and my dealer in NH has yet to receive the car.

mpccpa
10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Bummer. Wonder what takes so long to get from NJ to NH? My guess is that even though your car was released on Saturday, it didn't necessarily get on a truck right away. Probably has something to do with the 1,200+ car backlog at the VPC due to the repair campaign. Let me know when it arrives.

brotker
10-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Mine is at the dealer in upstate NY. Picking it up this Saturday
Can't wait! :D

Lerxst101
10-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Have to tell you: Picked mine up Monday, and I'm just loving everything about it (almost). As I previously mentioned, the only thing that is going to take some getting used to is the new iDrive system. I actually thought the previous version was pretty intuitive. Now it seems I have to go through a lot more steps to play my music and perform other tasks. That will likely change as I learn the system.

One pleasing feature is the "Office" -- I plugged my iPhone 4 into the USB port and now see album artwork on the screen as I listen. One thing that concerns me, however, is that at least for two of the "albums" I was playing, I would occasionally experience a pause in the music. I think that's a software issue, but we'll see if it continues with other artists/albums (other than Rush, Coheed & Cambria, and Black Country Communion...). :mad:

FPNY
10-20-2010, 04:24 PM
wooooohooo, just got the long awaited email from my ca. my car is at the dealership woooohooooo!!!

swim4519
10-20-2010, 04:29 PM
wooooohooo, just got the long awaited email from my ca. my car is at the dealership woooohooooo!!!

FPNY...

Which ship did yours come into NY on?

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-20-2010, 05:53 PM
My vehicle came into NJ on the Sunlight Ace and I am picking up this Saturday (10-23).

2011 535xi, alpine white, venetian beige dakota leather, dark wood trim, cold weather, convenience, premium 1, premium 2, 4 zone automatic climate control, side & top view cameras.

FPNY
10-20-2010, 06:02 PM
It came in on the Tomar last week tomorrow.

tdepetra
10-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Picked up 535 x-drive from dealer tonight. Awesome. Will share pictures in the next few days and add comments as I discover more about handling and other features. Dark graphite, oyster/black and anthracite combination exceeds all expectations. Can't wait for my 60 mile drive to work on the morning.

FPNY
10-21-2010, 12:38 PM
I get mine Monday at noon, it's gonna be a long weekend....

mzwicker
10-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I just got the call my car is in. I'm picking it up on Saturday after they put the plastic protection on it. Can't wait.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-21-2010, 06:15 PM
What is plastic protection?

mzwicker
10-21-2010, 07:26 PM
The 3m plastic bra. A necessity in VT.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Got it. Don't go to Stowe without it.

ChgoBob
10-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Titanium Silver, black and oyster Dakota. Ran out at lunchtime to take some quick photos as we're expecting rain for the next 5 days.

The car is just fantastic, worth every moment of the wait!

tdepetra
10-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Titanium Silver, black and oyster Dakota. Ran out at lunchtime to take some quick photos as we're expecting rain for the next 5 days.

It's beautiful. Congratulations! I agree - mine was worth the wait also. Pictures coming. Worst thing I can say is ugly x-drive badges on side must come off this weekend!

Enjoy!

swim4519
10-22-2010, 01:26 PM
FINALLY @ the dealer.

I had to stalk my CA by physically going over there to see ( :mad: ) if it had shown up; however, when I did get there it apparently was delivered last night.

They are now kindly prepping it so that I can take delivery tomorrow afternoon. 9 weeks of painful waiting is almost over. I promise to post pics ASAP.

These next 24 hours are sure to be the most difficult :D

mpccpa
10-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Swim:
Congrats. Glad your wait is almost over. Still no word on mine yet. I had to stalk my CA last week just to confirm that the car was at the VPC. My wait has been 12 weeks!

swim4519
10-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Swim:
Congrats. Glad your wait is almost over. Still no word on mine yet. I had to stalk my CA last week just to confirm that the car was at the VPC. My wait has been 12 weeks!

Mpcca: So sorry to hear that. I would bet yours will probably come in this weekend/early next week. Sounds like they released over 3000 5 series cars from the Jersey VPC over the last 10 days. I would bet yours is on a transport to the dealer now.

Just think, the joy will be that much better once we take delivery.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-22-2010, 07:59 PM
I am just about 12 hours away from pickup of my new F10. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will do so tomorrow after pickup.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Just picked up the new F10. Now I will try to post pictures.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Here we go!

markl53
10-23-2010, 11:30 AM

What's that badge they stuck on near the license plate? I don't allow anything other than their license plate frame on mine. I make it clear at order time.

markl53
10-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Here we go!

Hmm, I only have one temp adjust control on my center vents. Do you have the 4-zone HVAC? I do not, I wonder if that is a difference. My car was built on 8/14, yours? Oh, now I see I also don't have the thin chrome trim strips along the top and bottom of the center vents. I wonder what option provides that that I don't have. It is also shown like yours in the brochure.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 12:09 PM
According to my dealer, my vehicle is a week 37 production. It is alpine white with venetian beige dakota leather and dark wood trim. It was equipped with cold weather, convenience, premium 1, premium 2, 4 zone automatic climate control, and side & top view cameras. As a preliminary report to the Forum, riding in this new F10 is like floating on a cushion of air. Travel, acceleration and turning all seem very smooth. Interestingly, we have a 2006 3 series, which we are very happy with, but the ride is very different, i.e., the ride in the 3 is more harsh. I do not mean this in a bad way, but rather I use the term to explain that you feel like you are more in contact with the world when driving the 3. The new F10 seems to insulate you from the world. I will see if this perception changes as I move out of the break-in period and start driving the F10 at higher speeds.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
What's that badge they stuck on near the license plate? I don't allow anything other than their license plate frame on mine. I make it clear at order time.

Looks like the dealer put its trademark on the back of the vehicle next to the license plate.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Here are some more pictures.

markl53
10-23-2010, 01:07 PM
According to my dealer, my vehicle is a week 37 production. It is alpine white with venetian beige dakota leather and dark wood trim. It was equipped with cold weather, convenience, premium 1, premium 2, 4 zone automatic climate control, and side & top view cameras. As a preliminary report to the Forum, riding in this new F10 is like floating on a cushion of air. Travel, acceleration and turning all seem very smooth. Interestingly, we have a 2006 3 series, which we are very happy with, but the ride is very different, i.e., the ride in the 3 is more harsh. I do not mean this in a bad way, but rather I use the term to explain that you feel like you are more in contact with the world when driving the 3. The new F10 seems to insulate you from the world. I will see if this perception changes as I move out of the break-in period and start driving the F10 at higher speeds.

The ride of the F10, to me, is a perfect blend of smoothness and tautness. The first few weeks with mine I was amazed at the quietness and smoothness, yet with the same tight feel during turns as my 335i. Now that I've had it 5 weeks, that insulated feeling is wearing off a bit and I'm noticing more detailed road feel, not so much through the steering, but the ride itself. I think the ride is just so much better than the 3, it feels isolated when you are getting used to it.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 05:58 PM
The ride of the F10, to me, is a perfect blend of smoothness and tautness. The first few weeks with mine I was amazed at the quietness and smoothness, yet with the same tight feel during turns as my 335i. Now that I've had it 5 weeks, that insulated feeling is wearing off a bit and I'm noticing more detailed road feel, not so much through the steering, but the ride itself. I think the ride is just so much better than the 3, it feels isolated when you are getting used to it.

I will keep this in mind as I continue to drive the F10 during the break-in period. As a matter of clarification to the Forum, I want everyone to understand that I was neither criticizing nor praising the F10. Rather, I was simply pointing out the differences between the F10 and the 2006 3 series. As an overall initial impression, I am very impressed with the F10. In fact, it was "love at first sight" when I first went to the dealer during the summer to take the F10 for a test drive.

ccbbrb
10-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Awesome car.

:)

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 06:34 PM
awesome car.

:)

+1

Stanesq
10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
It's beautiful. Congratulations! I agree - mine was worth the wait also. Pictures coming. Worst thing I can say is ugly x-drive badges on side must come off this weekend!

Enjoy!

How do you get the x-drive badges off the sides? Can this be done easily without damaging the paint?

PinkAle
10-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Picked up my 2011 535i GT xDrive today what a ride!!!

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 07:18 PM
How do you get the x-drive badges off the sides? Can this be done easily without damaging the paint?

From what I have read, you can remove the badges and the airbag warning labels by heating them with a hair dryer. In lieu of self help, I would suggest consulting with a body shop because they could probably remove the badges and labels without damaging the vehicle. Interestingly, BMW advised me today that there is no 535ix and/or 535 xi anymore. Rather, the is only a 535i. If you have x drive, BMW now calls the vehicle a 535i with x drive. No more badges on the rear of the vehicle that reference the x drive. Everyone gets 535i on the rear of their vehicle. If you purchased the x drive, you get a badge on the side of the vehicle that says x drive.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Picked up my 2011 535i GT xDrive today what a ride!!!

Let's see some pics!!!

PinkAle
10-23-2010, 07:25 PM
I just signed up today and put two pics in my profile as to the xi in all wheel drive you are correct they don't put xi on the rear it's now on the side near the front wheel well

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-23-2010, 07:42 PM
O.K. This may be a bit of a digression since my new addition is now at my home and the bonding process has begun, but this is the stork (Sunlight Ace) that brought my new addition from Germany to the New World via Bremerhaven, Brunswick, Baltimore, Bayonne, Elizabeth/Newark, and Springfield.

markl53
10-23-2010, 10:00 PM
In fact, it was "love at first sight" when I first went to the dealer during the summer to take the F10 for a test drive.

Same here. I actually had had a crazy notion to buy a Porsche Boxster for my 2nd mid-life crisis :). I had test driven that a few times. Then I decided for the same money I could "finally" get the E Class I always thought I wanted. (I had an '02 C Class, '05 330i, '08 335i). Drove that, no go -- no power in the E350. Drove the 535i and after two minutes realized I was in the right place -- like home LOL.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-24-2010, 02:42 PM

I do not have to wait until the end of the break-in period to see if my perception changes. Another 20 mile ride made all of the difference. This car is fantastic!!! First, the 535i with x drive is FAST. I do not agree with the criticism of its acceleration. Second, the 535i handles well in the turns and you do feel connected to the road. I do not agree with the criticism of the handling and the steering. As I sit in the car driving it, I feel like I am one with the car and that the car is one with the road. Connect your ipod to the F10, blast the premium sound, and enjoy the ride! BMW got it right.

markl53
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I do not have to wait until the end of the break-in period to see if my perception changes. Another 20 mile ride made all of the difference. This car is fantastic!!! First, the 535i with x drive is FAST. I do not agree with the criticism of its acceleration. Second, the 535i handles well in the turns and you do feel connected to the road. I do not agree with the criticism of the handling and the steering. As I sit in the car driving it, I feel like I am one with the car and that the car is one with the road. Connect your ipod to the F10, blast the premium sound, and enjoy the ride! BMW got it right.

Bingo!

newbi535
10-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Great to see all these positive posts. I'm new to BMW and fell in love with the 535 on the first drive. I own Carrera 4 and I drove Porsche Cayenne and Panamera as well as multiple E-series Mercedes prior to ordering my 535ix. I can say that the Panamera felt a little more sporty, but runs closer to 95-100K once you put any luxury in it. Not worth the cost difference to me. Also, the E class felt cheap inside no matter how many options i put in it. I think BMW nailed it with a luxury sports sedan that is so much nicer than the E class and Infinity, and so much less expensive than the Panamera. Hard to find another car that even comes close in my opinion. Now all I have to do is wait since I am a week 40 build and delivery is to the west cost!

markl53
10-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Great to see all these positive posts. I'm new to BMW and fell in love with the 535 on the first drive. I own Carrera 4 and I drove Porsche Cayenne and Panamera as well as multiple E-series Mercedes prior to ordering my 535ix. I can say that the Panamera felt a little more sporty, but runs closer to 95-100K once you put any luxury in it. Not worth the cost difference to me. Also, the E class felt cheap inside no matter how many options i put in it. I think BMW nailed it with a luxury sports sedan that is so much nicer than the E class and Infinity, and so much less expensive than the Panamera. Hard to find another car that even comes close in my opinion. Now all I have to do is wait since I am a week 40 build and delivery is to the west cost!

Welcome to the club -- the wait will probably go faster than you think, well, until the end!

MooseF10
10-24-2010, 06:11 PM

Agreed! For me it came down to the Panamera S or the 550i. The Porsche is a great car but it is very hard to justify the additional 30K when the 550 gets me 90% there. The Panamera required about 20K in options to get close to the features of the 550. Not many packages with that car, just tons of individual options which makes it very difficult to find one with what you are looking for. For 100K, the dealers all want you to compromise for what is in stock or what they can trade for. Who wants to spend that much and be missing a few options that you wish it had come with. I also looked at the E Class but it did not take long to eliminate it. BMW did a nice job with all the F10's!

brotker
10-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Picked mine up on Saturday. Can't wait to complete break-in so I can really see what it can do!

The Cashmere Silver Metallic is gorgeous. The hint of tan really gives it a warm touch.

I don't know how I ended up with the M Steering Wheel. It was included at no charge. Too bad they didn't include the rest of the M Sport Package along with it. :)

Here are some pixs before it got dirty driving home in the rain.

FPNY
10-25-2010, 06:03 PM
I picked my f10 up this afternoon, i felt badly leaving my e39 at the dealer, I loved that car. I drove my car about 85 miles today, just tooling around enjoying the colors of the season. Immediately I like the power visor and the larger sun roof. I have to say I am not blown away by the steering and the general feel of the car. I am hoping that like the rest of you I will come to appreciate the new 535i. I couldn't get my ipod to work but explored the sattelite radio, I messed around with nav system, it's all too soon to tell.

I got the Tasman green with oyster interior and it looks beautiful. I LOVE the ambient lighting in there..looks like an airplane cockpit.

solstice
10-25-2010, 10:55 PM
"I have to say I am not blown away by the steering and the general feel of the car. I am hoping that like the rest of you I will come to appreciate the new 535i."
Well, I think most have and I hope you'll join them and not me who find myself increasingly disappointed with the driving dynamics of this car. As the novelty of all the gadgets and beautiful shell fades my focus on the actual driving experience increases and I can't seem to get over the lack of excitement. We'll see, perhaps another 10k miles down the line ( once I get it back from the shop ) I'll forgotten how a fun to drive car feels.

mpccpa
10-26-2010, 05:18 AM
Good to hear that folks are finally getting their cars. My CA called last night to confirm my car has landed and I should be able to get it sometime later this week. Can't wait! :rofl:

JoeJones
10-26-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm still getting the run around on my 535 x drive (non sport). Told repairs had to be made at the port. Still sitting there. The inconsistencies, based on what's been posted in this thread, are ridiculous. Maybe one of these days, we'll get the straight answer.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-26-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm still getting the run around on my 535 x drive (non sport). Told repairs had to be made at the port. Still sitting there. The inconsistencies, based on what's been posted in this thread, are ridiculous. Maybe one of these days, we'll get the straight answer.

Instead of making phone calls, send your BMW representative an email and make a formal request for disclosure of any damage to your vehicle that is being repaired at the VPC.

lcet
10-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi all,
My F10 just went "enroute" on the website. I am wondering how long it takes to reach the US port. Also, I noticed that many seemed to know what ship their car was on and in what port it arrived. Where do you get this info?

Thanks!

NewbimmerMD
10-26-2010, 10:35 PM

My 535xi sat at port in Baltimore for 3 weeks awaiting completion of a "work order" that applied to all F10 Xdrives. The myriad number of excuses that different dealerships are telling their waiting customers is ridiculous. No one has been getting the same story. I can only tell you the reason that was told to me by my CA when I finally took delivery of my car last Friday. Apparently a number of 5's were/are having alignment problems straight out of the factory. They apparently tracked it down to a bushing in the suspension that was put in reverse at the factory. So all the 5's coming into port have to have their suspensions checked, the bushing replaced and then the car re-aligned. Obviously this is not a 1-2 minute fix. This repair as you can imagine has apparently caused a huge back up at the VPC to the tune of about 600-1000 cars. It looks like people are finally getting their Xi's but most have waited to the tune of 2-3 weeks from the time their cars arrive at port to the time they get released to the dealerships. Who knows if this any truer than any of the other stories that are out there but if it's any comfort, I can tell you it's def worth the wait. I LOVE my new car ! Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

JoeJones
10-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks, NewbimmerMD. That sounds like the most complete and detailed explanation to date. I am leasing, and I have my money factor and residual locked in, but I'm not sure how long that lasts. This is frustrating.

Jeff143
10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi all,
My F10 just went "enroute" on the website. I am wondering how long it takes to reach the US port. Also, I noticed that many seemed to know what ship their car was on and in what port it arrived. Where do you get this info?

Thanks!

Once you have your VIN, you can go to http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp and select "track & trace- All Users" at the bottom right of the page. Paste your VIN into "Cargo ID" and it should tell you what ship your car is on and when it is expected to dock.

FPNY
10-27-2010, 01:16 PM
So, I picked my car up on Monday, I've driven it about 200 miles, not a lot of miles, but I have to say I'm liking it more and more. It doesn't feel the same as my E60 did. Different ride, different handling and different steering. Today I noticed that while driving on winding roads the back end doesn't seem to be in synch with the rest of the car, kind of like it's not following the front end. I love the I drive, very intuitive and much easier to operate, it's also much much quicker to start up when I first start the car. I'm glad the got the park assistant to shut off when the car is put in park. On my E60 I used to have to shut it off after parking if I was going to sit in the car, otherwise it would just beep and beep. The Tasman green and oyster interior are beautiful together, although I wonder how difficult it is going to be to keep clean, my last interior was black and that hides a multitude of sins. That's my take so far.....

5Xwen
10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Today I noticed that while driving on winding roads the back end doesn't seem to be in synch with the rest of the car, kind of like it's not following the front end. .

Yikes!!:yikes:

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-27-2010, 05:45 PM
So, I picked my car up on Monday, I've driven it about 200 miles, not a lot of miles, but I have to say I'm liking it more and more. It doesn't feel the same as my E60 did. Different ride, different handling and different steering. Today I noticed that while driving on winding roads the back end doesn't seem to be in synch with the rest of the car, kind of like it's not following the front end. I love the I drive, very intuitive and much easier to operate, it's also much much quicker to start up when I first start the car. I'm glad the got the park assistant to shut off when the car is put in park. On my E60 I used to have to shut it off after parking if I was going to sit in the car, otherwise it would just beep and beep. The Tasman green and oyster interior are beautiful together, although I wonder how difficult it is going to be to keep clean, my last interior was black and that hides a multitude of sins. That's my take so far.....

I believe some pictures for the thread are in order!

mpccpa
10-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Took delivery of my 535xi tonight. This car is unbelieveable! Almost 14 long weeks of agonizing wait is finally over. Will post some pics ASAP. :banana:

FPNY
10-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Here it is fellow 5ers. I gave it it's first bath before the pics and everything!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=252249&stc=1&d=1288291494
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=252250&stc=1&d=1288291494
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=252251&stc=1&d=1288291494

the dog seems inpresses, as usual.......

tdepetra
10-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Here it is fellow 5ers. I gave it it's first bath before the pics and everything!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=252249&stc=1&d=1288291494
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=252250&stc=1&d=1288291494
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=252251&stc=1&d=1288291494

Wow! Gorgeous. Looks like mine, and I'm feeling guilty for not having pictures any up yet.

Enjoy.

tdepetra
10-28-2010, 01:00 PM

The dog is also impressive!

FPNY
10-28-2010, 01:20 PM
yeah, he's an impressive THIEF! He steals remote controls, wireless telephones, socks, undies, vacuum cleaner parts. It's fun searching for things he's taken, and if you ask him where he hid something, he ignores you....he doesn't tell.....

JoeJones
10-30-2010, 04:19 PM
It's now officially taken longer for my 535i x drive to get from the port to the dealer than it took to get from the production line in Germany to the port in the U.S. Still no real explanation from the dealer. I don't really care as long as I don't get a lemon, but it seems crazy.

stevem12t2
10-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Finally picked mine up... It is up on this new thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495252 :)

mpccpa
10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
As promised, here are the pics. I'm very happy so far with the car. I agree that the steering is a little light at low speeds, but the car does seem to hunker down and the steering gets tighter at higher speeds. This is my first BMW, so I don't have anything to compare it to other than two Audi's I had a few years back ('94 90-S; '98 A-6). Much better than the Infiniti G35x I just moved out of. All in all, it was definitely worth the wait. Best wishes to all still waiting on your cars. I promise that you won't be disappointed. ;)