PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat cover/protector in F10 yet?

ihumphrey
10-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Anyone out there have yet to use the rear seat cover/protector for the F10? Wondering if anyone has used this as of yet and specifically whether it will work with the side window shades? Have a 1 y/o and a dog who, although rarely spend time in my car, will ocassionally travel with us for trips so thus the needed protection. Had a universal (non bmw) cover in my 328xi which was OK, but didn't stay in place as much as I would like. A little hesitant to spend $350 on it unless it is significantly better...

Sputnik1961
10-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Anyone out there have yet to use the rear seat cover/protector for the F10? Wondering if anyone has used this as of yet and specifically whether it will work with the side window shades? Have a 1 y/o and a dog who, although rarely spend time in my car, will ocassionally travel with us for trips so thus the needed protection. Had a universal (non bmw) cover in my 328xi which was OK, but didn't stay in place as much as I would like. A little hesitant to spend $350 on it unless it is significantly better...

I just got mine today and put i put it in. It does not seem to fit perfectly. holes for the seat belt do not line up correctly. Also it seems like the backrest portion is too short (only about an inch). The last thing I noticed was that when you unzip the center and let down the front portion (to give leg room) the only side that goes well is behind the passenger. This allows you to have three people and a pet in the car.

Other than that it seems to fit in the car pretty well. I have put up some pictures too.

To answer your question. there is a side piece that uses two zippers to connect to the rest of the seat protector. the side go high enough to protect the door up to the base of the window. if you had the side shades up your pet could get to them (depending on the size of your pet). I have small dogs and to be able to get to the windows they have to put their paws on the arm rest. this protector stops them from being able to do that.

One other thing. check ebay. guy in San Diego selling it for $275

lcadena
12-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Does anyone know if the BMW rear seat cover/protector has openings for child seat latch anchors? I can't tell from the picture, and the BMW site doesn't say. If it doesn't does anyone know of any aftermarket covers that do (and that fit the F10)?

Needsdecaf
12-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know if the BMW rear seat cover/protector has openings for child seat latch anchors? I can't tell from the picture, and the BMW site doesn't say. If it doesn't does anyone know of any aftermarket covers that do (and that fit the F10)?

If it doesn't, get one of these:

http://www.princelionheart.com/site/t_cs_0560.html

Works great and protects the seat well.

Sputnik1961
12-04-2011, 11:41 PM

I can not remember if there are holes for a car seat. I am out of town for the next few weeks but when i get back I will look at the cover and can tell you for sure then.

jgscott987
12-05-2011, 07:07 AM
I have this on the back seat of my F10. Goes beautifully with the Oyster/Black...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MHAJiLHZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:tsk:

ihumphrey
12-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Yes, it does perfectly accommodate a car sear with LATCH. Additionally, I really like that you can unzip the larger portion and keep the area under the car seat and the back of the passenger seat protected. It has been reasonably durable and looks mostly new after a year of use.