PDA

View Full Version : f10 m sport pics PLEASEEEEE???????

x5 '08
10-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I have been holding off on ordering one till I can see some pics and in different colors. My 2008 535xi lease is up and I am ready for a new Bimmer.

I've driven the 550 w sport and wasn't overly impressed. I've driven the 535 w/o sport and not too happy either. I am hoping that the 535 xi M sport is right for me. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get to drive one before I order it. So, how about some pics pretty please....

Jack Stefano
10-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Just google image search "f10 m sport" and there are a bunch of pics.

x5 '08
10-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Just google image search "f10 m sport" and there are a bunch of pics.

I have but I am looking for real pics from people who have actually received there cars - real life shots.

RNarang
10-10-2010, 12:28 PM
550xi Sophisto/Graphite Gray M Sport

Raarco
10-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Glad to see these pics. The wheels look great. Front end not so nice to me. Looks unfinished. My 550ix is on a ship coming to ny and I debated getting m options. Glad I decided not to go that route. The other reason was the m badging. I like the features but if I wanted an m then I'd consider buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

Needsdecaf
10-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm not feeling the front end. Too aggressive for my tastes and does not flow with the lines of the car. The E60 M sport bumper was better integrated.

Kinda looks like the X5 / X6 M front end. But some people will like it, I am sure, that's why we have options.

One thing, though, is that the xi's really have a high ride height. Which is too bad because the wheels and side skirts look great!

RNarang
10-10-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm not feeling the front end. Too aggressive for my tastes and does not flow with the lines of the car. The E60 M sport bumper was better integrated.

Kinda looks like the X5 / X6 M front end. But some people will like it, I am sure, that's why we have options.

One thing, though, is that the xi's really have a high ride height. Which is too bad because the wheels and side skirts look great!

Too aggressive? The front bumper follows the lines that bmw has used for many years on the m and m sport aerodynamics. The 550 is damn quick and I don't mind that it looks the part. If i wanted bland looking I would have opted for an E class. Agreed, the car definitely needs a drop. It is something that can easily be addressed.

RNarang
10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
The other reason was the m badging. I like the features but if I wanted an m then I'd consider buying one.

1. There is a reason its called M sport...
2. If you can consider and afford an m5 why wouldn't you?

Needsdecaf
10-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Too aggressive? The front bumper follows the lines that bmw has used for many years on the m and m sport aerodynamics. The 550 is damn quick and I don't mind that it looks the part. If i wanted bland looking I would have opted for an E class. Agreed, the car definitely needs a drop. It is something that can easily be addressed.

To each their own. I do not like it, you clearly do. I'm not going to argue taste, and stand by what I said. But that's my opinion, and you are of course, entitled to your own.

alex md
10-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Ii is clear matter of opinions i dont like it but i dont like x5m and x6m either.
I think 550 xi with sport package will be just fine for me, I agree that previous 550 with m package looked better but again just my opinion:thumbup:

solstice
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
The wheels looks like they belong in an earlier decade and the other plastics spoils the elegance of the F10 imo. I don't like it.

nealh
10-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Are these 19in wheels?
BTW, I really like the look. Sweet car.

pmw103
10-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I have been holding off on ordering one till I can see some pics and in different colors. My 2008 535xi lease is up and I am ready for a new Bimmer.

I've driven the 550 w sport and wasn't overly impressed. I've driven the 535 w/o sport and not too happy either. I am hoping that the 535 xi M sport is right for me. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get to drive one before I order it. So, how about some pics pretty please....

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441007

BlackBerryCubed
10-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I hate the m front bumper/look as well.

Stealth.Pilot
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I like it, but is it possible to order without the shadowline trim? I prefer chrome.

pharding
10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I hate the m front bumper/look as well.
+1 It is over cooked.

grizzles
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
+1 It is over cooked.

sour grapes:cry:

MooseF10
10-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks for posting the photos. Everyone has their own opinion otherwise we'd all be driving the same thing. I like the what I see in the photos. Enjoy that car. It is a nice color combination. :thumbup:

swim4519
10-12-2010, 06:56 AM

RNarang...

Did you get the anthracite headliner as well? If so, do you find the interior too dark? I ordered the exact same car plus a couple of additonal items and I think it looks great. :thumbup:

I am a little disappointed with how high the suspension sits. :thumbdwn:

Where do you recommend going to have it lowered slightly so that the Height matches that of a non-xdrive Msport? Think a tad bit of lowering will make the wheels look better. How much would you expect it to cost? I have never done it, so just curious.

Also, i am wondering if ordering and installing the black kidney OEM grills will make the front bumper look more refined and fit the rest of the car better. I think some people feel the front bumper doesn't look "right" because the chrome kidney grills throw off the black mesh of the under bumper black intakes.

Thoughts???

RNarang
10-12-2010, 08:29 AM
RNarang...

Did you get the anthracite headliner as well? If so, do you find the interior too dark? I ordered the exact same car plus a couple of additional items and I think it looks great. :thumbup:

I am a little disappointed with how high the suspension sits. :thumbdwn:

Where do you recommend going to have it lowered slightly so that the Height matches that of a non-xdrive Msport? Think a tad bit of lowering will make the wheels look better. How much would you expect it to cost? I have never done it, so just curious.

Also, i am wondering if ordering and installing the black kidney OEM grills will make the front bumper look more refined and fit the rest of the car better. I think some people feel the front bumper doesn't look "right" because the chrome kidney grills throw off the black mesh of the under bumper black intakes.

Thoughts???

I did get the anthracite headliner as it comes standard on M Sport. The interior is very dark but I happen to like it that way. I guess its personal preference. If I worked in a different industry that didn't require me to walk through dirty manufacturing facilites, my preferred combination is oyster leather / black foot well/ anthracite headliner with Sophisto Gray.

The car sits very high. Currently, H&R, Eibach, RD Sport, all make springs for the F10 non-xdrive models. Within a few months they will be releasing springs for the xdrive that will likely offer 2 levels of lowering (sport and race) The cost of the springs is $400-$500 and the labor to install should be another $300-$500. I'm figuring a total cost of $1000.

It looks as though you are in New Jersey. I have had work done by Rogue Engineering. http://www.rogueengineering.com/ and found them to be extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. They have a very clean shop and work almost exclusively on BMW tuning.

I have the same concerns over the grill. I will change it out for the alternate f10 grill that comes on all models other than 550i or the black performance grill.