PDA

View Full Version : Do I need Any Accessories?

schlagle
10-10-2010, 08:29 AM
While I'm waiting for my 535i to even start production I was thinking it would be a good time to get the things I'll need for it. We already bought the second car seat and a seat protector. Can you all recommend anything else? It will primarily be driven by my wife to get to work and pickup/dropoff the boy at cay care. We might take it weekend day trips also, when I'll be driving it.

ccbbrb
10-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Radar detector, P21 wheel cleaner, wax, car wash concentrate, flashlight, umbrella, ice scraper, a few quarts of synthetic oil, winshield washer fluid. I always get a remnant carpet to line the trunk. You also need to decide whether or not you will want a clear plastic bra product for the front of the car to protect from stones on soft BMW paint. Floor mats if you are a fanatic, but the factory ones that come with it are pretty durable. Also a pencil and a small note pad for taking down information if you are in an accident. If you live in the South, you might want to get a gun rack.

jwrtiger
10-10-2010, 09:43 AM
I would recommend the BMW trunk mat with the lip. Over the years I have had a couple of spills in other cars, especially a pickle jar that spilled all the juice over the trunk mat. It was easy to take it out, hose it off, dry it in the sun and put it back in. Also you can get the BMW first aid kit that custom fits in the compartment in the top of the trunk.

Ronsell
10-10-2010, 09:47 AM
While I'm waiting for my 535i to even start production I was thinking it would be a good time to get the things I'll need for it. We already bought the second car seat and a seat protector. Can you all recommend anything else? It will primarily be driven by my wife to get to work and pickup/dropoff the boy at cay care. We might take it weekend day trips also, when I'll be driving it.

Since you are in CA, perhaps a small wine cooler (don't forget the corkscrew)
and a nice wicker picnic basket and blanket...

schlagle
10-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I like the clear bra. Never heard of them until this thread. Thanks for the tip. I like the trunk mat idea too.

But the wine cooler? Don't need one. You can't throw a stone without hitting a winery here :)

TJPark01
10-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Check out this post. The OP has some great tasteful mods.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482398