PDA

View Full Version : Remote control

Rod365
12-31-2003, 09:23 AM
Somehow I cannot get the seat/steering/side mirrors to reset when I open via the remote key control... It works fine when I press the memory set buttons.

What am I missing here?

suzer
12-31-2003, 06:02 PM
I think there was (and maybe still is) a software programming problem. When I search, I come up with this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41824&highlight=seat+programming

Which leads to another search and another person with a similar problem. I don't know if it's been resolved - you might have to do a little more digging.

AndDown
12-31-2003, 06:23 PM
Somehow I cannot get the seat/steering/side mirrors to reset when I open via the remote key control... It works fine when I press the memory set buttons.

What am I missing here?
Read your manual to see exactly what you have to do to get it to work. I'm not sure if this is a feature that has to be activated by the dealer. I've read that some actually prefer to just press the memory set button before they start the car (if someone else has used it prior). I'm the only one driving my bimmer so it's a non-issue with me.

The Other Tom
12-31-2003, 07:15 PM
If I don't drive my car for a couple of days, the key looses it's memory. It "recharges" after driving a while. There's no problem if I drive every day, just when it sits for a while. I think this is normal...don't know if your problem is the same.

Randy Forbes
12-31-2003, 10:31 PM

What am I missing here?

It has to be initialized by the dealer. Normally this is done (if you ask for it) prior to delivery.

I just had this done on my now two year old X5. My wife and I use nearly the same seat position but she likes to see the side of our vehicle in the mirrors, I don't.