PDA

View Full Version : AutoSpies EXCLUSIVE: Real-Life Shots Of The BMW X1 On USA Soil

tim330i
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Check out the first pictures of the BMW X1 in the US. BMW was nice enough to setup this viewing for the press and our friends at AutoSpies where there to bring you these exclusive pictures.
<hr />
BMW is on a product introduction roll, with new stuff like the 2011 X3, 5-Series etc. But one product that has not made it stateside yet but will soon is the baby bear of the BMW SAV family, the X1.

Agent 001 caught these photos of it for the first time on USA soil at the BMW X3 launch in Atlanta. And what's cool is the shots are next to the full line so you really get a good perspective of its size and where it fits in the full line.

Let us know your opinions of it, if you are glad it's coming here, if would you buy or consider one, if you like it and who do you think the customer will be and what competitors will lose sales because of it?
<hr />
Enjoy all of the shots on AutoSpies.com (http://www.autospies.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-Real-Life-Shots-Of-The-BMW-X1-On-USA-Soil-For-The-First-Time-58488/)

Follow our full E84 X1 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/X1

Zeke77
10-16-2010, 05:27 PM
As a former X5 and current X3 owner, I am very much looking forward to the availability of this car. I am especially excited about the European Delivery option, which I've done on two previous BMWs (650 and X3.) However, my one concern is this: I really, REALLY hope that BMW does not hold back on the options. I totally understand that a stripped down, entry level version is necessary to bring in new buyers, but I'd love to see all of the options currently on the X5 and the (new) X3 also available for the X1, such as: top view, upgraded leather, and HUD.

I'm not interested in the X1 because I can't afford a larger SUV--I'm interested in it because it is NOT large. I loved my X5 and X3, but my new mantra is "smaller is better." But then again, I'm a big city driver, so I appreciate the improved ease of parking, etc. Also, if you've ever driven a 135, you'll know that they are just about the most fun BMW "car" model you can drive--and I'm hoping the X1 experience proves similar in the "X" category.

lilskel
10-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow after seeing the X1 next to the new X3 I can definitely scratch that idea. The thing looks like an egg mixed with a station wagon. Hopefully the X3 ZMP isn't too expensive

X3 Skier
10-20-2010, 02:53 PM
IF I can get an ED and a Manual Transmission, I am in of one as soon as I can order it.

If not, no BMW for me.

Cheers

mrbelk
10-21-2010, 07:03 AM
IF I can get an ED and a Manual Transmission, I am in of one as soon as I can order it.

If not, no BMW for me.

Cheers

My wife's X3 is coming off lease next spring and we're really hoping that the timing works out to get one via ED. She really likes them.

-MrB

Jan's Bimmer
10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Well I can tell , that the X1 drives very good. I drive the X1 s drive (e84) now for 4 months.
The x1 is already one year on the road in Europe.
It would be nice when BMW completes its X-range across the ocean.
It's my first Bmw, but not the last.
It's the first X serie with rear-wheel drive option. Look for more info: www.bmw.nl
Dutch bmw website.

Enjoy.

Jan