PDA

View Full Version : BMW Winter Wheels and Tire Package for the F10

pharding
10-16-2010, 08:39 AM
BMW offers a winter wheel and tire package for my 2011 550. It includes the BMW Style 281 wheels, Dunlop Winter Sport 3D tires, Tire Pressure Monitors, pre-mounting, and pre-balancing. The list price is $2472. I will get 10% off with my BMW CCA membership. Taking the existing wheels off is $67.50. Is this a very good deal for winter wheels and tires? Are there better approaches?

Photos of the BMW 281 Wheels are here. http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365419

richschneid
10-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Here's a quote from my other post this morning.

"I'm going to go with 18" winter tires. I always downsize for winter tires and increase the aspect ratio to maintain the same overall diameter. I'm probably going to get the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 performance RFTs. I always get a separate set of wheels to go with the winter tires. That way you don't have to pay at least $25 a tire to get them mounted and balance twice a year. Just checked this morning and they have a nice set of Chinese made black wheels for about $150 a piece. The set of four wheels, tires, and TPMS is $1800 plus shipping."

I think black wheels will look good on my IB car in the winter.

pharding
10-16-2010, 09:14 AM
What winter wheels are you looking at?

kocsis
10-16-2010, 09:31 AM
I have same question - what wheels? And where - Tirerack? Last time I talked to them they were not sure about wheel size on 550ix.

pharding
10-16-2010, 09:55 AM
I have same question - what wheels? And where - Tirerack? Last time I talked to them they were not sure about wheel size on 550ix.
My guess is that he is looking at these: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&winter=1&initialPartNumber=MR11888052732B&wheelMake=MOTEGI+RACING&wheelModel=MR118&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&autoMake=BMW&autoModel=535i+Sedan&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=Base+Model&tire=25HR8BZLM25&qty_front=4

richschneid
10-16-2010, 01:56 PM
That's correct. Even though they're made in China they should be adequate for winter driving.

richschneid
10-16-2010, 01:59 PM

That's correct. They are not yet sure about the sizing for the xDrive. They have to wait until their local BMW dealer gives them an actual car so that they can do their own measurements. They should have that done before it's starts to snow. In the meantime I don't think it will be a problem driving for awhile on the all season tires with the xDrive even if we get a couple of inches.

bobr2001
10-17-2010, 08:54 AM
BMW offers a winter wheel and tire package for my 2011 550. It includes the BMW Style 281 wheels, Dunlop Winter Sport 3D tires, Tire Pressure Monitors, pre-mounting, and pre-balancing. The list price is $2472. I will get 10% off with my BMW CCA membership. Taking the existing wheels off is $67.50. Is this a very good deal for winter wheels and tires? Are there better approaches?

Photos of the BMW 281 Wheels are here. http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365419

That sounds like an excellant deal. I will check this out too. Thanks for the tip.:)

kocsis
10-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Are these run flats?

DXK
10-17-2010, 09:51 AM
For RWD I'd go with this: Dunlop wintersport 3D runonflat 18" (they are really great tires), Barber type XL (either silver or black) - made in Germany
Including TPM sensors, $2064 from tirerack.
Those who are putting Chinese wheels on your car, good luck!

pharding
10-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I beleive that you may have meant Borbet Type XL, in lieu of Barber Type XL.

DXK
10-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes, Paul, thanks

ccbbrb
10-17-2010, 11:30 AM
On a 2011 535 x-drive with DHP option, the front and rear tires are different sizes. If you go with a second set of tires for winter, is it best to go with matching front and rear tire sizes?

richschneid
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
On a 2011 535 x-drive with DHP option, the front and rear tires are different sizes. If you go with a second set of tires for winter, is it best to go with matching front and rear tire sizes?

I have the 550i xDrive with DHP and the tires are the same front and rear, 245/40 19". The RWD version has wider tires on the rear.

richschneid
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
For RWD I'd go with this: Dunlop wintersport 3D runonflat 18" (they are really great tires), Barber type XL (either silver or black) - made in Germany
Including TPM sensors, $2064 from tirerack.
Those who are putting Chinese wheels on your car, good luck!

What is the problem with Chinese made wheels? I had inexpensive ASA wheels for winter tires on my 650i for five years with Dunlop Wintersport M3s and never had a problem. I assume these were made in China, but I'm not sure.

Why do you think the Dunlops are better than the LM-25s? I didn't think they were that good in deep snow.

kocsis
10-17-2010, 02:28 PM
pharding, where does BMW offer this package? And is it suitable for a 550ix? (I guess the latter might be indicated where BMW has the offer)

DXK
10-17-2010, 02:37 PM
What is the problem with Chinese made wheels? I had inexpensive ASA wheels for winter tires on my 650i for five years with Dunlop Wintersport M3s and never had a problem. I assume these were made in China, but I'm not sure.

Why do you think the Dunlops are better than the LM-25s? I didn't think they were that good in deep snow.

Chinese wheels may or may not be of the same quality, fit, durability, or finish. Refer to a massive recall of few years back. Basically, they suffer from the same problem as many other Chineses made products. When you pay $70k for a car, I'd rather save on option than $200 on something as importtan as wheels.
Dunlops have better handling outside of snow/ice, so it all depends where you live and how many major storms and what kind of roads you mostly going to drive on. Here in Boston, we seldom get to see very deep snow on the roads.

ccbbrb
10-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I have the 550i xDrive with DHP and the tires are the same front and rear, 245/40 19". The RWD version has wider tires on the rear.

The BMW 5-series brochure says that the rear tires are wider than the front tires with the sport package option for the 535 and 550, but the 528 with the sport package has the same size tires front/rear. Why are your front and rear tires the same size? Did it come that way? Are the x-drive tires different sizes than the non-x-drive tires?

pharding
10-17-2010, 04:36 PM
pharding, where does BMW offer this package? And is it suitable for a 550ix? (I guess the latter might be indicated where BMW has the offer)
I called the parts department at my local BMW dealership. It is my understanding that they offer this every fall.

Winter wheels and tires make a lot of sense in comparison to just changing tires on the same wheels every year. Putting on and taking off tires breaks down the sidewalls of tires which hurts driving performance of the run-flats.

richschneid
10-17-2010, 06:13 PM
The BMW 5-series brochure says that the rear tires are wider than the front tires with the sport package option for the 535 and 550, but the 528 with the sport package has the same size tires front/rear. Why are your front and rear tires the same size? Did it come that way? Are the x-drive tires different sizes than the non-x-drive tires?

Yes the xDrive tires are different size in the rear than the non xDrive. This is because in the RWD version all the torque is handled by the rear tires and they need to be larger. In the xDrive version the torque is split between front and rear so the tires can be the same size. 275mm rears in the RWD with 245 fronts. xDrive has 245 on all four.

richschneid
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Chinese wheels may or may not be of the same quality, fit, durability, or finish. Refer to a massive recall of few years back. Basically, they suffer from the same problem as many other Chineses made products. When you pay $70k for a car, I'd rather save on option than $200 on something as importtan as wheels.
Dunlops have better handling outside of snow/ice, so it all depends where you live and how many major storms and what kind of roads you mostly going to drive on. Here in Boston, we seldom get to see very deep snow on the roads.

I guess after suffering with the Dunlops in deep snow, I'm going to go with the Blizzaks. We had 3 ft of snow in last years blizzard and I had to drive my wife's Accord with four Blizzaks. I was like a snowmobile. I'll also wait to see the comparison testing on the tirerack. They haven't done any testing on the new Dunlops, but they have tested the Bridgestones LM-25s. But my real concern is driving to NY in February and not knowing what kind of weather I will hit in the mountains in central Pa.

I'm going to ask the guys at Tirerack if they have any actual data on the durability of Chinese wheels before I decide. The German wheels I liked were $550 each. The nice Italian wheels were $335 each. The Chinese wheels are $150 each. So the difference in price is almost $2000. Is it really worth that much more to drive on potholes and snow drifts? I paid $83k for my 650i and didn't have any problems with the inexpensive wheels. My 550i was about the same price.

pharding
10-28-2010, 04:48 AM
Update
As of 10.28.10 it appears that BMW does not have a winter wheel and tire package for the F10. They are still looking into it, but that is the initial response.

x5 '08
10-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Can someone confirm that the 550xi M Sport comes with all season tires and not summer performance tires? Mine is on order and arrives mid december. I had snow's for my 2008 535xi Sport because it came with summer performance. I was thinking all season would be good enough for the few days of snow. Thoughts?

kocsis
10-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Yes all-seasons. I am still buying winter tires though

pharding
10-28-2010, 07:38 AM
This is how it is playing out so far without the package.
Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D RunOnFlat form Tire Rack $1080
TPM Sensors $400
BMW Style 350m Wheels $1640
Total $3120 plus tax plus installation. Ouch.
The BMW package is a much better deal at $2230 including a 10% discount.

richschneid
10-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Here's how my order from the Tirerack plays out:

4 245/45R-18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 RFT performance winter tires @ $254 = $1016.00.
4 18x8 MOTEGI RACING MR 118 Black Paint @ $149 = $596.00.
1 additional spare 18x8 MOTEGI RACING MR 118 wheel in case of wheel damage = $149
4 433MHz Tire Pressure Sensors = $149.00
Shipping $122.60

Total $2079.60

Not nearly as bad, if your are willing to risk having Chinese made wheels. According to the rep at the Tirerack the Chinese wheels are NOT of lower quality than German or Italian wheels. But why use such expensive wheels to drive in the winter with all the road hazards.

I wanted black wheels with my dark blue car in the winter.

richschneid
10-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Can someone confirm that the 550xi M Sport comes with all season tires and not summer performance tires? Mine is on order and arrives mid december. I had snow's for my 2008 535xi Sport because it came with summer performance. I was thinking all season would be good enough for the few days of snow. Thoughts?

Yes my 550i xDrive sport package came with all seasons. Summer tires are not available with the sport package on the xDrive cars. I'm from NYC and I think you will be fine with the all seasons and xDrive. Pittsburgh is a different story, however, with all the hills and more snow, so I need dedicated winter tires.

BTW, I drove the all seasons pretty hard yesterday. They are remarkably good in the dry. I won't decide until next spring whether or not to replace them with summer tires.

DXK
12-10-2010, 10:52 AM

I managed to get my hands on this package and it wasn't easy. Should be waiting for me at the dealer whenever my car arrives. I think the wheels look great, both wheels and tires made in Germany and are OEM for f10.

HerrK
01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
I managed to get my hands on this package and it wasn't easy. Should be waiting for me at the dealer whenever my car arrives. I think the wheels look great, both wheels and tires made in Germany and are OEM for f10.

Do you have a real life photo of the 281"s you could post. Sometimes an actual photo looks very different than the PR artwork. I really like the 281 narrow 10 spoke, it is similar to the style 296's I currently have on my Z4. However the 281's are available in 18" with almost the same F&R offset as the current E89 Z4. I'm considereing them when I burn down the current RFT's and switch to non RFT or 3rd Gen RFT's if they are available, in about 18 months, as the 18" are more forgiving than the 19's.

DXK
01-31-2011, 06:59 AM
Do you have a real life photo of the 281"s you could post. Sometimes an actual photo looks very different than the PR artwork. I really like the 281 narrow 10 spoke, it is similar to the style 296's I currently have on my Z4. However the 281's are available in 18" with almost the same F&R offset as the current E89 Z4. I'm considereing them when I burn down the current RFT's and switch to non RFT or 3rd Gen RFT's if they are available, in about 18 months, as the 18" are more forgiving than the 19's.

Actually, I ended up with style 328 which is standard on 550 in Europe and optional on 528 with sport pack in U.S. Since my car is so dirty, you can look at this

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482332

brd319
10-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi all....I'm new to this site. My 2012 550i F10 M-Sport should be delivered any day now....

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Wisconsin (cold/snowy winters) but also drive to Florida during Winter for a week at a time. I'd really like Winter tires, but many sites say Winter tires won't hold up in the heat and will wear out prematurely, so I am considering all-season tires/wheels. Does anybody have any experience with Winter tires in a warm climate, or should I just go all-season to be safe? Also, the 550 M-Sport has staggered wheels so should I go same size F-R even if I go all-season? The dealer in Chicago where I ordered it can't tell me much for center hole size nor wheel offset, so I'm lost, but need to get something before the snow flys. The dealer tried to sell me a BMW Winter package at $3,328.56 which includes 18x8.0 style 281 w/Dupont SP Wintersport 3D 245/45VR18. Seems a little pricy compared to what others posted. I'd really like Blizzak or Dunlap Winter tires, but don't want problems in warm Florida when I visit. Any ideas from my fellow BMW'ers.

Thanks.....Brian

richschneid
10-19-2011, 06:17 PM
My best advice is to call the Tire Rack and speak to one of their very knowledgable sales reps. Even if you don't buy the tires from them they will answer your questions about Florida. Please see my post, #26 above, from October, 2010. I've been quite satisfied with the LM-25 Blizzaks. I had the Dunlop Wintersport M3s on my last car. The Dunlops are a little better in the dry, the Blizzaks are a little better in the ice and snow. The combination of xDrive and Blizzaks is the best in deep snow or ice.

bobblehead
10-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Bad idea for all season tire, esp. of your location where you have brutal winter weather with lots of snow & icy condition. Those all season tires will harden up, like a hockey puck in the extreme cold temp and you will have virtually little to no grip on the road.

If you are to drive your car with winter tires in a warmer climate, it's true they will wear faster than normal ... but we are really talking extensive prolong period of time in a warm/hot climate.

As a matter of fact, I got the same package that the dealer quoted you ... in the US, I believe they are going for around $2700 range. The wheel is 18 * 8 et 30; bore 72.6

RH512
10-20-2011, 05:53 AM
This is how it is playing out so far without the package.
Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D RunOnFlat form Tire Rack $1080
TPM Sensors $400
BMW Style 350m Wheels $1640
Total $3120 plus tax plus installation. Ouch.
The BMW package is a much better deal at $2230 including a 10% discount.

Get TPM sensors from Tirerack, less expensive paid $53/wheel.
350M wheels from getBMWparts.com 368.53/ wheel plus shipping

At least that's what I paid a few months ago.

still not cheap but better

fplanner2000
10-20-2011, 08:11 AM
I just got 18" 350M oem wheels from my new dealer - about $360 each. Will be getting Michelin high perf snow tires(245/45-18 Alpin PA3) and sensors from a local Discount Tire, who will also mount and balance. Price will be about $1300, all in. Since I plan on keeping my 550ix for a number of years, dedicated wheels and tires seem to be the best idea for winter. By going with the oem wheels, I have none of the brain damage that some people on this thread are having to deal with. Fortunately I have an SUV to deal with major snow accumulations if/when we get them. :)

1985mb
10-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi all....I'm new to this site. My 2012 550i F10 M-Sport should be delivered any day now....

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Wisconsin (cold/snowy winters) but also drive to Florida during Winter for a week at a time. I'd really like Winter tires, but many sites say Winter tires won't hold up in the heat and will wear out prematurely, so I am considering all-season tires/wheels. Does anybody have any experience with Winter tires in a warm climate, or should I just go all-season to be safe? Also, the 550 M-Sport has staggered wheels so should I go same size F-R even if I go all-season? The dealer in Chicago where I ordered it can't tell me much for center hole size nor wheel offset, so I'm lost, but need to get something before the snow flys. The dealer tried to sell me a BMW Winter package at $3,328.56 which includes 18x8.0 style 281 w/Dupont SP Wintersport 3D 245/45VR18. Seems a little pricy compared to what others posted. I'd really like Blizzak or Dunlap Winter tires, but don't want problems in warm Florida when I visit. Any ideas from my fellow BMW'ers.

Thanks.....Brian

A powerful RWD car + Wisconsin winters = sounds like you need dedicated winter tires, even if it means some premature wear on your Florida trips. The 1-week worth of premature wear is no excuse to endanger yourself and/or others during the rest of winter. Get the same size on all 4 corners.

Call Tirerack or read reviews to see which winter tires meet your criteria for WI as well as lasting longer during occasional warmer climes. IIRC, Generals and Dunlops might be better in that regard than the Blizzaks.

BigPimp
10-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Actually, I ended up with style 328 which is standard on 550 in Europe and optional on 528 with sport pack in U.S. Since my car is so dirty, you can look at this

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482332

Great looking rims, where did you get them, how much and any idea if these will fit a 550I?

DXK
10-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Great looking rims, where did you get them, how much and any idea if these will fit a 550I?
I cannot recall how much, but they can be ordered by any BMW dealer, and they fit 550i since that's what I got

BMW Fanatic
10-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Just ordered a set from Tire Rack for my 2012 535i that I just dropped off in Munich 3 days ago. I live in WI and wanted to keep the 18' size so I went with this option.

18x8 ASA GT1 Bright Silver
225/50R-18 Michelin X-Ice Xi2
Sensors, mount, balance

$1416 total (doesn't include $75 rebate on tires)

HIRISC
10-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Just ordered a set from Tire Rack for my 2012 535i that I just dropped off in Munich 3 days ago. I live in WI and wanted to keep the 18' size so I went with this option.

18x8 ASA GT1 Bright Silver
225/50R-18 Michelin X-Ice Xi2
Sensors, mount, balance

$1416 total (doesn't include $75 rebate on tires)

I looked at those wheels for my wife's inbound 550xi. I believe they come with hub centering rings. I'd ensure they are aluminum (not plastic) at the minimum.

quackbury
10-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Joining this thread late. I have had 3 different sets of Dunlop Winter Sport tires on 2 different RWD BMW's (E39 540 and E60 550), plus on one of our E70 X5's. They are my all-time favorite winter tires - great handling and steering feel in the dry, quiet, excellent treadware, and very, very predictable in the snow. And they saw a LOT of snow, shuttling my ski racer kids to venues all over New England in all types of conditions.

There is a chance that the newest 3D version won't be as good, but I would be very surprised.

We've also had various iterations of Blizzaks on various rides, including an E53 X5, an E70 X5, and a Volvo XC90. While they are excellent in snow, their dry road handling was crap - loud, lousy steering feel, mediocre wear. Again, the latest versions may be better, but given the choice I will stick with Dunlops.

The thread also takes pot shots at Chinese wheels. It wouldn't surprise me if some / many were junk. But my 540 and 550 both had ASA's, and they were perfect. Round, true and stout, I never bent or broke one, and they were still perfectly round at the end of 3 winters each. The only possible downside was that the finish didn't hold up particularly well. But since I try hard not to use a car wash, they were covered with salt and chemicals for most of their lives, so that's really not a surprise.

I remember ASA made a big deal at the time about how the plant and the wheels were designed by BBS. (Since they advertised it, I assume this was legit and the Chinese didn't just steal the BBS intellectual property).

OTOH I have other non-Chinese winter wheels that were just dreadful.

If buying after market wheels, the best advice is to buy a spare (5th) wheel. The reason is a lot of the styles aren't manufactured for more than a year. If you break a wheel after 3 years, your only option may be to replace the whole set of 4. If you buy a 5th wheel, even if you don't wind up needing it yourself, you can probably sell it on Craigslist to somebody else who didn't have the foresight to buy a spare.

cynerjist
10-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi Guys, can anyone tell me why it is good to downsize for winter? Is it to allow more free space in the wheel well to eject snow from the treads?

I managed to get a set of 245/40-19 Alpin PA3. I don't know if anyone else was looking, but it took me a while to find a set. Tire Rack said they keep pushing production back and ETA is around 12/31/2011.

The 245/40-19 can be a hard to find size. I didn't realize how many winter tire choices there are if you downsize. Smart move.

I bubbled an LS2 two weeks ago. 7,000 LS2s backordered. I got a new set of Pirelli PZero Summer tires courtesty of GY. They refused to swap out for non-RFT winters, but I was very pleased GY service.

richschneid
10-22-2011, 05:18 AM
18" wheels and tires have the same overall diameter as 19" if properly sized. The 18" have wider sidewalls so offer more protection to road damage in winter driving. In some cases a slightly narrower tire is also beneficial because it will be easier to drive in deep snow.

1985mb
10-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Joining this thread late. I have had 3 different sets of Dunlop Winter Sport tires on 2 different RWD BMW's (E39 540 and E60 550), plus on one of our E70 X5's. They are my all-time favorite winter tires - great handling and steering feel in the dry, quiet, excellent treadware, and very, very predictable in the snow. And they saw a LOT of snow, shuttling my ski racer kids to venues all over New England in all types of conditions.

There is a chance that the newest 3D version won't be as good, but I would be very surprised.

We've also had various iterations of Blizzaks on various rides, including an E53 X5, an E70 X5, and a Volvo XC90. While they are excellent in snow, their dry road handling was crap - loud, lousy steering feel, mediocre wear. Again, the latest versions may be better, but given the choice I will stick with Dunlops.

The thread also takes pot shots at Chinese wheels. It wouldn't surprise me if some / many were junk. But my 540 and 550 both had ASA's, and they were perfect. Round, true and stout, I never bent or broke one, and they were still perfectly round at the end of 3 winters each. The only possible downside was that the finish didn't hold up particularly well. But since I try hard not to use a car wash, they were covered with salt and chemicals for most of their lives, so that's really not a surprise.

I remember ASA made a big deal at the time about how the plant and the wheels were designed by BBS. (Since they advertised it, I assume this was legit and the Chinese didn't just steal the BBS intellectual property).

If buying after market wheels, the best advice is to buy a spare (5th) wheel. The reason is a lot of the styles aren't manufactured for more than a year. If you break a wheel after 3 years, your only option may be to replace the whole set of 4. If you buy a 5th wheel, even if you don't wind up needing it yourself, you can probably sell it on Craigslist to somebody else who didn't have the foresight to buy a spare.

Isn't ASA a Korean company?

dunderhi
10-22-2011, 08:54 AM

BBS' forged wheels are made in Japan, while the cheaper cast stuff is made in Germany. So what does that say about the country of manufacture? I would assume a BBS designed product built in China would be pretty good product assuming the manufacturing process and materials are similar.

Also, have you broken many wheels? I've never bought a fifth wheel, but the brands I buy from have models that have stood the test of time in both style availability and reliability.

My winter wheels look a lot like my summers for some reason. ;)

Come to think of it, my E90 wheels all look a lot like my F10 wheels. I guess I'm from the school of if find something you like, then stick with it. :thumbup:

FG
10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I just changed from my 20" summer 356 style rims and Dunlop tires to the original 237 18" rims with Michelin Alpin PA3 245/45-18.

The Alpin PA3's were highly recommended by several specialty tire shops as an overall good winter tire with excellent handling and performance characteristics.

After a couple of days of driving in 6-12C temps, I must say that the handling dynamics of the car haven't been compromised and the ride qauality is smooth and quiet.

I'll find out soon enough how the tires perform when the white stuff starts to fall.

cynerjist
10-22-2011, 03:28 PM
18" wheels and tires have the same overall diameter as 19" if properly sized. The 18" have wider sidewalls so offer more protection to road damage in winter driving. In some cases a slightly narrower tire is also beneficial because it will be easier to drive in deep snow.

Thanks for answering.

My winter wheels look a lot like my summers for some reason. ;)
I guess I'm from the school of if find something you like, then stick with it. :thumbup:

Nice! I'd love to have RGRs year-round. Have you gone to the winter set yet? I would be interested to know how you like that combo.

richschneid
10-22-2011, 04:19 PM

Have you try the performance Blizzak LM-25 RFT winter tires. I had the Dunlop Wintersport M3s on my 650i. The Blizzak LM-25s on my 550i xDrive don't seem that much worse in the dry. I can't tell much of a difference, but in snow and ice the Blizzaks do seem a little better. Neither one is very good in the dry. I did have standard Blizzaks on my E39 540i sport package and they were really bad in the dry, the LM-25s are much better.

dunderhi
10-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Nice! I'd love to have RGRs year-round. Have you gone to the winter set yet? I would be interested to know how you like that combo.

Thanks. I usually switch-over around Thanksgiving. I bought my winter set in June while both the rims and tires were on sale, so I haven't tried them on the car yet.