PDA

View Full Version : Any buyer's remorse because of M packages coming soon.

DrA
10-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Any buyer's remorse because of M packages coming soon.
I am very happy with my cars interior and exterior but my son thinks it needs some "fixing".
When do you think M package's exterior parts will be available?
I saw Hamman kit and I will never allow that excessive and expensive "chipness". But M packages's sides and spoiler looks more delicate. I may let him put those 2 parts.

2011 550i
White/Black Nappa, Anthracite wood & headliner,
Sport P., Sport Transmission, Dynamic Handling P,
Premium 2P, Conv.P, Vent. seat P, Split fold down rear seats, Cameras, PDC, Smartphone.

jimefam
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Since you didn't get it originally you might as well shop around with the different tuners and perhaps you'll find a kit you'll be in love with. Take a look at the RD sport kit it hasn't come out yet but should soon and looks beautiful in my opinion. There website is racdyn.com I'm sure your son will love it too. Another one that may interest you is from 3D designs although they are a Japanese firm and some people on here might riot because of it but it's worth a look. If you think the hamann kit looks ugly you should see a Russian kit that came out recently. I'll look for a pic and post a thread to make some people cry.

melor
10-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I am waiting to buy my next car, and the new 5 is on my short list. I have been watching and reading about the car all year and while I am not evenly slightly effected by the release of the M Sport package or the new combox, I feel bad for those who regret the new options that are available on the 2011. It seems to me that if you buy a new car, a consumer has a reasonable expectation that the "newness" of the car should remain till the next model year. The fact that a freshly made 2011 has features a 2011 made just a few weeks ago doesn't have makes the early 2011's feel like last year's model. Not a good feeling for someone who just paid a premium to get a new car.

Paul

pharding
10-17-2010, 09:40 PM
I am waiting to buy my next car, and the new 5 is on my short list. I have been watching and reading about the car all year and while I am not evenly slightly effected by the release of the M Sport package or the new combox, I feel bad for those who regret the new options that are available on the 2011. It seems to me that if you buy a new car, a consumer has a reasonable expectation that the "newness" of the car should remain till the next model year. The fact that a freshly made 2011 has features a 2011 made just a few weeks ago doesn't have makes the early 2011's feel like last year's model. Not a good feeling for someone who just paid a premium to get a new car.

Paul
I purchased a July build 2011 550i. I have no remorse in not getting the new stuff. The components that came with my car are fine. I am glad that BMW is doing rolling changes. This increases the likelihood that items that I would hope to be improved can be improved without waitung for a new model year.