PDA

View Full Version : 2004 X5 mirrors?

Domer
01-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Is it true that the X5 has power folding mirrors? If so, how does that work exactly? I'm familiar with the backup mirror tilting thing, but do they actually have motors to fold the entire mirror in (for parking in my garage?)

Thanks!
Tom
2004 X5 4.4i to be picked up 1/30/04 or so.... Can't wait!

swindonhost
01-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Is it true that the X5 has power folding mirrors? If so, how does that work exactly? I'm familiar with the backup mirror tilting thing, but do they actually have motors to fold the entire mirror in (for parking in my garage?)

Thanks!
Tom

Hi

Yes folding mirrors is an option, you get an extra button on the mirror control consol, and bingo the mirrors fold in, you gain around 4 inches but they still stand about 1" wider than the rest of the vehicle.

The motor is in the standard pivot section.

let me know if you would like a picture and some dimensions

regards
Jon

TheXMan
01-02-2004, 01:57 AM

Thanks!
Tom

I see that you will pick up your X5 in 04. Will you have to pay an extra 1.2% increase in your X5 price? I will pick up mine sometime in Jan and the dealer informed that there will be 1.2% increased on all BMW models.

Domer
01-02-2004, 09:54 AM
I see that you will pick up your X5 in 04. Will you have to pay an extra 1.2% increase in your X5 price? I will pick up mine sometime in Jan and the dealer informed that there will be 1.2% increased on all BMW models.

No, my deal was closed in December at the previous prices. The difference in base price was only $700 if I remember right. I'm not sure of the exact numbers right now. If my memory's right, I believe it was 51,400 in 03' and the new price was 52,100 base in 04'.

Also, on the mirrors, which package includes the folding mirrors? I can't seem to find this stuff online or in the brochure I have. Here are my options.

Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Cold Weather
PDC
Nav (hate the tape player)
Comfort Seats

suzer
01-02-2004, 01:58 PM
I've got the folding mirrors on my 2003 X5.

As described above, they are great for pulling the mirrors in to fit in my garage. Also handy at the ATM and when parking in a tight space.

I'm not certain what package they came with - I've got Premium, Rear Climate and Cold Weather.

I remember the sales advisor showing it to me when I picked up the vehicle, and boy was I happy he did when I tried to park it in the garage the first time. I've measured it, and it would fit with the mirrors out, but it looks VERY scary when you are pulling in, especially the first time!

suzer
01-02-2004, 02:09 PM
I had something else to do in the garage, so I thought I'd do this for you, too.

Attached are three photos - the mirrors in, the mirrors out and the actual button on the armrest. The photos of the mirror are from the passenger side (easier for me to photograph) but I think you get the idea. Both mirrors pull in when you push the putton. Pushing the button again makes them both go out.

Also, when I look in the book, it just lists the instructions for the folding mirrors, with no asterisk indicating they are part of any particular package. Perhaps they are standard?

PropellerHead
01-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi

Yes folding mirrors is an option, you get an extra button on the mirror control consol, and bingo the mirrors fold in, If it is anything like the M5, you would also have a different passenger door module to get the folding function for that side. It's inside the door, so you wouldn't see it, but without it, only the driver's side would fold in. :mad:

Makes me think of a retrofit for the mother-in-law's '01 X5.. Hmmmm :angel:

bten
01-02-2004, 06:08 PM
I had something else to do in the garage, so I thought I'd do this for you, too.

Attached are three photos - the mirrors in, the mirrors out and the actual button on the armrest. The photos of the mirror are from the passenger side (easier for me to photograph) but I think you get the idea. Both mirrors pull in when you push the putton. Pushing the button again makes them both go out.

Also, when I look in the book, it just lists the instructions for the folding mirrors, with no asterisk indicating they are part of any particular package. Perhaps they are standard?

I think they are part of the self-dimming outside rearview mirror option.

SARAFIL
01-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I think they are part of the self-dimming outside rearview mirror option.

Comes with the Premium Package. Started with 2003 models, I think.