PDA

View Full Version : 3D Navigation

cotechia
10-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Hi,

I have the professional navigation on my 530d GT but I am facing a problem to enable the 3D navigation on it. I know there is an option to enable the feature on the IDrive and it is selected. But I was not able to see anything on 3D on my navigation screen, despite the visualization option I choose.

Another issue is that even if I enable the POI option, they never appear on the map. I've selected all categories to be shown but they are never displayed.

Any hints?

eaglesrest
10-18-2010, 03:05 AM
You need to tick the option to display 3D within the Options, and set the map view to perspective mode. You also need to be zoomed in quite close and actually go past buildings that are stored on the map. Not all of them are. I've only seen a couple so far.

Re. poi's make sure you don't have the map set to 'traffic situation/grey scale map' as this hides all POI's automatically.

Hope that helps :)

cotechia
10-18-2010, 03:12 AM
You need to tick the option to display 3D within the Options, and set the map view to perspective mode. You also need to be zoomed in quite close and actually go past buildings that are stored on the map. Not all of them are. I've only seen a couple so far.

Yep, I did this and tried on the perspective with multiple levels of zoom. No success. I thought it could be because Switzerland is not on the list but even when I was on the BMW Welt it didn't show the 3D buildings ( and I saw this on the ads)

Re. poi's make sure you don't have the map set to 'traffic situation/grey scale map' as this hides all POI's automatically.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, I will check if I have this option selected.

FPNY
10-18-2010, 05:32 AM
maybe you need those funky glasses.....

cotechia
10-18-2010, 05:36 AM
That's a try! :D

ccbbrb
10-18-2010, 05:42 AM
There may be a new market for polarized 3D glasses.

cotechia
10-18-2010, 05:44 AM
There may be a new market for polarized 3D glasses.

But with polarized glasses I will not see the HUD. What a dilemma