PDA

View Full Version : M Package

DreamCar
10-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi folks.. A part from looks, is there any advantage of adding M package? Appreciate u r responses.

jimefam
10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
No

xsi123
10-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi folks.. A part from looks, is there any advantage of adding M package? Appreciate u r responses.

M Package include the options of the Dynamic Handling Package and the "Increased Top Speed limiter" option.

So if you get the Dynamic Handling Package and you don't care about top speed, then the rest in the M package is just looks.

pcbrew
10-18-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5514268&postcount=9

ZMP (M-Sport package) for $6500 includes:
- $2200 ZSP - Sport Package features
- $2700 ZDH - Dynamic Handling package features
- $500 775 Anthracite Headliner

Assuming you wanted those features anyway, it's "only" $1100 for the rest:
- body features (bumpers, side skirts, etc.)
- the M-Sport steering wheel instead of standard sport steering wheel from ZSP (presumably thicker rim)
- option to select hexagonal aluminim trim not available otherwise
- 351M wheels, not available otherwise

DreamCar
10-18-2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5514268&postcount=9

ZMP (M-Sport package) for $6500 includes:
- $2200 ZSP - Sport Package features
- $2700 ZDH - Dynamic Handling package features
- $500 775 Anthracite Headliner

Assuming you wanted those features anyway, it's "only" $1100 for the rest:
- body features (bumpers, side skirts, etc.)
- the M-Sport steering wheel instead of standard sport steering wheel from ZSP (presumably thicker rim)
- option to select hexagonal aluminim trim not available otherwise
- 351M wheels, not available otherwise

Thanks a lot for the information.
Every package seems to be a must ... Its damn hard

solstice
10-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Since these things were a mystery until I actually drove the non M sport car myself I'm interrested in the following regarding the M package that I hope an owner of an M pkg. car can answer:
1. Do the seats have the adjustable side bolsters?
2. Is the steering wheel signficantly thicker and grippier than the zsp wheel?

Eirerogue
10-18-2010, 11:21 AM
The steering wheel is fatter and I like the feel. I previously had the M Sport package in my 530.

I believe I've read on this forum that the adjustable side bolsters are not available on US cars. Not an option.

solstice
10-18-2010, 11:26 AM
The steering wheel is fatter and I like the feel. I previously had the M Sport package in my 530.

I believe I've read on this forum that the adjustable side bolsters are not available on US cars. Not an option.

Are you assuming that it's the same for the F10 or have you verified that it is?

vortexx
10-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Solstice,

I have an M-Sport. The steering wheel is fatter, and has an overall nicer feel. The seats do not have the adjustable side bolster, but at least for me they got the seat just right. Overall, it is better than the comfort seats in my 2008 550i M-Sport. I was concerned with the lack of side bolster adjustment, but I didn't miss it.

solstice
10-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Solstice,

I have an M-Sport. The steering wheel is fatter, and has an overall nicer feel. The seats do not have the adjustable side bolster, but at least for me they got the seat just right. Overall, it is better than the comfort seats in my 2008 550i M-Sport. I was concerned with the lack of side bolster adjustment, but I didn't miss it.

Thanks vortexx that is good news. Is the steering wheel at least equally fat ( outside the humps ) and grippy as the one you had in the E60? I'm curious since I might try to get the wheel since it's now confirmed that it's also heated.

DreamCar
10-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks vortexx that is good news. Is the steering wheel at least equally fat ( outside the humps ) and grippy as the one you had in the E60? I'm curious since I might try to get the wheel since it's now confirmed that it's also heated.

So with M package we get heated steering ? I couldn't see that being included, as per BMW site

solstice
10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
So with M package we get heated steering ? I couldn't see that being included, as per BMW site

Only if you include the cold weather package, I would assume. I have cwp already so my car has the heated non M-sport wheel. I really like to retain that if I swap wheel and since the M sport has a heated version it's of interrest.