PDA

View Full Version : Fix a Flat

bikerboy
10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
For those of you, like me, who are changing out the RFT for some good rubber, Tire Rack has available something called Conti comfort kit-12v portable. It's very slick. You plug it in your cigarette lighter and it is an air compressor which pumps in air AND a sealant to fix the puncture. $79.00. Just ordered mine.

TexasJames
10-19-2010, 09:04 AM
I ran over something last year that punctured the wheel as well as the tire. Thats the problem with low profile tires. Fortunately I had the compact spare option in my CTS so I wasn't stranded. Fix-a-flat and a tire pump is false security when you run over something larger than a nail. I'll put up with RFT and the cost associated with them rather than being stranded.

nosnoop
10-21-2010, 01:14 AM
I ran over something last year that punctured the wheel as well as the tire. Thats the problem with low profile tires. Fortunately I had the compact spare option in my CTS so I wasn't stranded. Fix-a-flat and a tire pump is false security when you run over something larger than a nail. I'll put up with RFT and the cost associated with them rather than being stranded.

Well, you can get stranded even with RFT:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484143