PDA

View Full Version : How long does VPC take?

brandonw
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
OK, so my car came into the port of Brunswick early this last Saturday. As of today, the status on the BMW website changed to "At preparation center."

Does this mean it has cleared customs and is in BMW hands at the VPC? Or is this just an indication that its off the boat? It seems the website updated quick from Saturday, so my thinking was that it had indeed cleared customs and in the hands of BMW.

So if at the VPC, how long does a car actually take to be done at the VPC and released to the trucking company? Does anyone know what trucking company BMW now uses?

Jack Stefano
10-19-2010, 05:45 PM
OK, so my car came into the port of Brunswick early this last Saturday. As of today, the status on the BMW website changed to "At preparation center."

Does this mean it has cleared customs and is in BMW hands at the VPC? Or is this just an indication that its off the boat? It seems the website updated quick from Saturday, so my thinking was that it had indeed cleared customs and in the hands of BMW.

So if at the VPC, how long does a car actually take to be done at the VPC and released to the trucking company? Does anyone know what trucking company BMW now uses?

you're a couple weeks out give or take.

markl53
10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
When it's at the VPC, it has already cleared customs. My 535i reached the Baltimore VPC on 9/7 and arrived at my dealer on 9/13. I drove it home 9/16.

brandonw
10-20-2010, 08:14 AM
When it's at the VPC, it has already cleared customs. My 535i reached the Baltimore VPC on 9/7 and arrived at my dealer on 9/13. I drove it home 9/16.

Thanks Mark! I am hoping for a quick turn around and transport to the dealer. As you can imagine, I can't wait.