PDA

View Full Version : 535i M-Sport Tomorrow

brandonw
10-21-2010, 10:52 AM
My car is on a truck and scheduled in to the dealer this afternoon around 3pm. PDI/detail should be done by lunch for me to pick-up tomorrow afternoon. I cant wait!!!

I am really pleased with how fast it made it from the port. Boat came this last Saturday cleared customs Monday and arrives today at my dealer. That has got to be "best case."

Eirerogue
10-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Please post pics ASAP!! For all of us that are still waiting! My 535 M Sport arrives 10/25 into Port. I'm getting more antsy with each passing day! PICTURES!! Enjoy your new car.

FPNY
10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
i dont get how yours can turn around so quickly, the dealer wants mine for a "few days" to prep it.....it's weird

Shamim
10-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Congrats :thumbup:

brandonw
10-21-2010, 01:15 PM
i dont get how yours can turn around so quickly, the dealer wants mine for a "few days" to prep it.....it's weird

Not sure why your would day longer. They told me that it takes about 2-4 to do the PDI and all that is involved in that process and a few hours to detail the car. They know I am really excited and they have been good to work with. Example: I also ordered the OEM spoiler (From a dealer here on Bimmerfest) had them paint it per my VIN. I have had it about a month and thought it would be best for dealership to put it on. So I took it out there today and the GM took me to introduce me to the guy who does the PDI etc... Already got the call that the car came in about 2:20 today.

BlackBerryCubed
10-21-2010, 04:55 PM
dealer will probably take a few potential customer on test drive before giving to you hence the few days to prep!!!

joshbw
10-22-2010, 04:57 AM
dealer will probably take a few potential customer on test drive before giving to you hence the few days to prep!!!

CRULE!:rofl:

chrischeung
10-22-2010, 10:19 AM

No problems with that - it won't hurt the car at all. Any effect is psychological. I've never seen any stats or evidence that low mileage "demos" don't last or have more issues than "new" cars. Heck, all new cars are driven by others in the test area, and during the delivery process.

I once came back from a test drive and stepping out of the car a lady said "I hope you were gentle, since that is my car". And when I purchased my 2000 323ci, as I was doing the deal, the car was out on a test drive. No problems in the 3 years I had the car.

solstice
10-22-2010, 10:36 AM
No problems with that - it won't hurt the car at all. Any effect is psychological. I've never seen any stats or evidence that low mileage "demos" don't last or have more issues than "new" cars. Heck, all new cars are driven by others in the test area, and during the delivery process.

I once came back from a test drive and stepping out of the car a lady said "I hope you were gentle, since that is my car". And when I purchased my 2000 323ci, as I was doing the deal, the car was out on a test drive. No problems in the 3 years I had the car.

I'd hope this is different for an ED car since it's fully paid for an owned by the person taking delivery. I can't imagine it being legal for the dealer to offer test drives in an ED car?

chrischeung
10-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I'd hope this is different for an ED car since it's fully paid for an owned by the person taking delivery. I can't imagine it being legal for the dealer to offer test drives in an ED car?

That's true - even more likely they won't do it from a liability perspective as well. It ain't your car until you sign and pay.

kocsis
10-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Legally it's not yours until you pay, so they can test drive it. But most dealerships would not as a matter of courtesy. The car should have no more than 10 miles on it.

Emilner
10-22-2010, 06:59 PM
I would be pissed if my car that I ordered was driven by someone else on a test drive. I beat the piss out of a test car, I would hate to have that done on my car before the break in is over.

brandonw
10-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Picked it up this evening! More pictures over the weekend.