PDA

View Full Version : '03 x5 4.6 or '04 x5 4.4 ?

bruisedle
01-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Which would you put in your garage...a loaded brand new '03 X5 4.6is or similarly loaded '04 X5 4.4 ?

I have made my decision but interested in what others might think...thanks for sharing your thoughts. What's the best price anyone's seen on the 4.6is?

Happy New Year...

bruisedle

Randy Forbes
01-03-2004, 03:57 PM
New is new...
I'd see if I could get a deal on the 4.6

When we took delivery of the 4.4, they just had a 4.6 come in that was declined by the person who ordered it. It was offered to us, but at $12k more than the 4.4 ($400.00 month higher lease payment) and the fact that it was intended to be my wife's commuter, no way. Right off the bat I would've had to spend about $4k for winter tires just so she could drive it.

We're very happy with the 4.4, and now they're rated about 35hp more than they were in 02.

BTW, I used to live in SF and work in Concord. I passed through the Caldicott (sp?) Tunnel twice daily for several years. The reverse commute had its advantages!

JLee
01-03-2004, 05:59 PM
personally, i would take the 4.6, it was designed to be a sports car ...

where as the 4.4 its an option !

jeff
New is new...
I'd see if I could get a deal on the 4.6

When we took delivery of the 4.4, they just had a 4.6 come in that was declined by the person who ordered it. It was offered to us, but at $12k more than the 4.4 ($400.00 month higher lease payment) and the fact that it was intended to be my wife's commuter, no way. Right off the bat I would've had to spend about $4k for winter tires just so she could drive it.

We're very happy with the 4.4, and now they're rated about 35hp more than they were in 02.

BTW, I used to live in SF and work in Concord. I passed through the Caldicott (sp?) Tunnel twice daily for several years. The reverse commute had its advantages!

virtualrain
01-03-2004, 06:09 PM
4.6! :bigpimp:

What was your choice?

bavarian19
01-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Which would you put in your garage...a loaded brand new '03 X5 4.6is or similarly loaded '04 X5 4.4 ?

I have made my decision but interested in what others might think...thanks for sharing your thoughts. What's the best price anyone's seen on the 4.6is?

Happy New Year...

bruisedle

keep in mind that a 4.8 will probably be hitting the streets this summer :thumbup:

bruisedle
01-03-2004, 06:43 PM
4.6! :bigpimp:

What was your choice?

With the biggest grin on my face...of course the 4.6is ! I believe I got one hell of a deal...traveled a little, saved a lot!

bruisedle, now proud owner of
X5 4.6is with all the bells and whistles

virtualrain
01-04-2004, 11:52 PM
With the biggest grin on my face...of course the 4.6is ! I believe I got one hell of a deal...traveled a little, saved a lot!

You made the right choice at any price!!! (Not enough new in the 04's to justify the downgrade in performance) :thumbup:

bavarian19
01-06-2004, 05:24 PM

any pics? :D

bruisedle
01-06-2004, 11:45 PM
any pics? :D

Unfortunately no pics yet...terrible weather we have here in California!
As soon as I have a great sunny day, I'll go get the Car detailed and snap some pictures, with posting immediately.

Thanks for the inquiry. I've been driving it though...breaking it in. WoW, what a beautiful thing it is!

bruisedle

SupraRZ
01-07-2004, 01:13 AM
Congrats on your new buy!

I would have opted for a pre-owned 4.6is which would have costed the same as my new 4.4, however the 4.4 was a much better bang for the (lease) buck so it was an obvious choice for me.

I haven't driven my 4.4 hard enough to warrant the need for wider tires like the 4.6, but the suspension on the 4.6 is very tempting...

TORNADO
01-07-2004, 02:10 AM
03 4.6i :thumbup:

bavarian19
01-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately no pics yet...terrible weather we have here in California!
As soon as I have a great sunny day, I'll go get the Car detailed and snap some pictures, with posting immediately.

Thanks for the inquiry. I've been driving it though...breaking it in. WoW, what a beautiful thing it is!

bruisedle

Well, we will be patiently waiting :) . Congrats ont he car, and do some more :drive:

xmanjack
01-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Get the brand new '03 4.6.I'm looking to trade my '03 4.4 for the '04 4.8,but the new look is holding me back.The 4.6 looks great and you're lucky to find one brand spankin' new.CONGRATS. :thumbup:

bruisedle
01-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Well, we will be patiently waiting :) . Congrats ont he car, and do some more :drive:

This is my 03 4.6is. Still under 600 miles! Loaded with everything! One question..******sman said it's all leather. Sticker says it's Alcantara leather. The middle of the seats feel like perforated cloth. I do like it, but is the middle section still leather?

bruisedle

Chris330Ci
01-31-2004, 07:59 AM
This is my 03 4.6is. Still under 600 miles! Loaded with everything! One question..******sman said it's all leather. Sticker says it's Alcantara leather. The middle of the seats feel like perforated cloth. I do like it, but is the middle section still leather?

bruisedle

Alcantara is basically a fancy term for suede. So yes, technically the middle section is leather too. Nice car!

MG67
02-09-2004, 12:09 PM

bruisedle
Congrats on your new ride, very nice car! I see that you bought it in Monrovia, did Byron sell the car to you...? He sold me and my wife our two cars early 2003!

2k3TitaniumSE
02-12-2004, 08:13 AM
go with the 4.8is

adrian's bmw
02-12-2004, 05:36 PM
go with the 4.8is

Agreed. You should just wait til April and get on a waitlist for the 4.8is! Even if you get a good deal, you might regret not getting the 4.8. It's gonna come with a larger moonroof as well!

BradATL
02-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Alcantara is basically a fancy term for suede. So yes, technically the middle section is leather too. Nice car!

Alcantara is a synthetic suede.

philippek
02-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Very nice choice sir. I definitely would have gone for a 4.6 as well...it's just a more exclusive car than a 4.4 will ever be. Does anyone know how many were made? I doubt even 500 came to the U.S.

And yeah, your salesman should know that alcantara is not leather. Not that it isn't very nice, just man-made is all.

bruisedle
02-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Congrats on your new ride, very nice car! I see that you bought it in Monrovia, did Byron sell the car to you...? He sold me and my wife our two cars early 2003!

No it wasn't Byron. I dealt directly with the Sales Manager, David. It was a pleasant transaction. Loved the navigation! It guided me home to the Bay Area perfectly!

bruisedle,

bruisedle
02-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Agreed. You should just wait til April and get on a waitlist for the 4.8is! Even if you get a good deal, you might regret not getting the 4.8. It's gonna come with a larger moonroof as well!

I am glad I did...loving it now rather than agonize over it later! I wouldn't like to be in the bidding situation for the new one when it comes. Imagine the markup!

I might not notice much performance or need such extreme, although it would be one awesome car! My 4.6is is still one awesome, rare & beautiful car! I took it down Hiway 1 along the coast of California, by Carmel, during the AT&T Pro-am, and wow! It was most pleasurable thrill...the ride and the scenery. I skipped the golf altogether just to be with my car, the road and the beach/ocean!

bruisedle

le mans67
07-08-2004, 03:42 PM
4.6is all the way. BEST ELECTRONICS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

shinchanwu
07-09-2004, 12:02 AM
I am glad I did...loving it now rather than agonize over it later! I wouldn't like to be in the bidding situation for the new one when it comes. Imagine the markup!

I might not notice much performance or need such extreme, although it would be one awesome car! My 4.6is is still one awesome, rare & beautiful car! I took it down Hiway 1 along the coast of California, by Carmel, during the AT&T Pro-am, and wow! It was most pleasurable thrill...the ride and the scenery. I skipped the golf altogether just to be with my car, the road and the beach/ocean!

bruisedle

now i feel my 4.4i is a trash..... :bawling: nah, i am still happy with it, but it just feels :confused: and :mad: whenever i see 4.6is on the street, mad about why i didn't wait for the 4.6is.....