PDA

View Full Version : oyster interior

alex md
10-21-2010, 04:41 PM
question regarding this color and wearing jeans
was told by CA as well as other sources that long term oyster gets dirty and take bluish color from driving in jeans any comments/
alex:thumbup:

BlackBerryCubed
10-21-2010, 04:48 PM
i would think this would only happen with cheap jeans and should not be a problem otherwise. By cheap jeans I mean low quality jeans and not necessarily cheap in price.

repstein
10-21-2010, 05:26 PM
2 weeks in on a 7 series with Oyster leather. Haven't noticed any transfer from jeans (wearing Lucky's). I'll update this should that change. Had me worried too.

I wish they still had flannel gray (my 2008 7 had that color). :(

Randy

alex md
10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Therefore i should be ok in my 7 or AG jeans
Just kidding

markl53
10-21-2010, 06:48 PM
My wife's jeans (more than mine, and not cheap) used to transfer a bit on my light beige MB interior, and her light gray Acura TL interior. Regular cleaning pretty much eliminates it if you don't let it build up. Oyster is VERY light, I almost considered it but it will get dirty fast, IMO. That coupled with a black exterior was just too much.

solstice
10-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I would be careful with any new dark "unwashed" denim, especially if wet from rain etc. That said I have oyster/black and give it a quick wipe down with leather wipes once a week and immediately after any visible "soiling" and it makes it looking fresh and clean so far. Don't kid yourself though it's not like black leather which is more or less maintenance free.

dadesidon
10-22-2010, 05:29 AM
The solution is to get it cleaned and conditioned professionally once or twice a year. Saves effort and for a couple of hundred bucks helps you retain sale value.